How did you stumble upon cordovan Rogues?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4328post #64906 of 7073710/4/15 at 2:54pmpost #64907 of 7073710/4/15 at 3:25pmHello SF. I would love to get the brown leather Dundee 2.0 Boots from AE. Also they're on sale as part of the RDA Sale. I always like to read the reviews before buying shoes. Problem is that these boots don't have any reviews yet. Anyone here have any experience with these chukka boots. If so, please share. Thank you!post #64908 of 7073710/4/15 at 3:31pmpost #64909 of 7073710/4/15 at 4:29pmQuote:
Yes. Even if you're paying shipping both ways you're denying the company a chance to earn revenue. Are you really that far from any store that carries the shoe/last you want to try?post #64910 of 7073710/4/15 at 4:38pmIt's been a Walden weekend. We've been suffering a serious deluge for the past few days here in South Carolina, but it hasn't stopped us from going out.
These have now been through the worst rains I've seen in a long time, and spent the weekend either getting soaked or drying out. Despite this, they show zero evidence of water exposure.
I've read that the CG's lacquer topcoat will some day fail and leave behind a big mess, but at $135 for these seconds from the Destin outlet, they have already justified their purchase over the past year and a half.
I look forward to wearing them into dust.post #64911 of 7073710/4/15 at 4:56pmpost #64912 of 7073710/4/15 at 4:58pmI would love to get the brown leather Dundee 2.0 Boots from AE. Also they're on sale as part of the RDA Sale. I always like to read the reviews before buying shoes. Problem is that these boots don't have any reviews yet. Anyone here have any experience with these chukka boots. If so, please share. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!post #64913 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:07pmQuote:
That depends. Are you expecting to keep a pair if it fits? For example, it has been suggested to me more than once by AE employees that I order two pairs of a shoe I wished to buy in different sizes, then keep the once that fits best, and return the other.
I have never really had to do this, as I live I NYC, where there are many retail stores. But even so, since my size is unusual, a retail store having to special order in a pair for me in multiple sizes amounts to pretty much the same thing.
But I think if you are going to be netting a sale, then it's ok to return a pair that doesn't fit.
What I don't think is particularly kosher, and is likely one reason why we now have to pay restocking fees and there's no more free 2-day fedex shipping on all orders, etc, is ordering and returning a first quality pair
that you intend to return and then purchase a 2nd quality version of from an outlet. rather sketchy behavior, that.
Edited by peppercorn78 - 10/4/15 at 5:31pmpost #64914 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:14pmpost #64915 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterellington
Same boat here. My doctor cursed me out on January 8th of 2014. I remember the day as I left there feeling so depressed I wanted to cry. I'd spent a large chunk of my life as that friend who was supposedly the “well-dressed guy” or “the dapper one”. Then, life spat her challenges at me. A rough divorce, a great job disappeared, my relationship with my kids—my son primarily—went straight to hell. And I put on sixty-plus pounds.
I compromised by buying cheaper sh*t as the weight came on so fast. I was eating to comfort myself and I KNEW I was doing it. Did I stop? Nope. I blew up to 268 pounds. I was wearing XXL shirts, 40-inch waist pants and size 48 suits. My foot size had grown to a 13 as my weight was compressing and altering the shape and size of my foot.
It was bad.
My doctor cursed me out and cursed himself out too over his letting me slide for so many years. That day, January 8th of 2014 after the appointment, I went to The Lyric Diner on 22nd & 3rd here in Manhattan to have one last “Go Off” meal before what was going to have to happen next—a dramatic change in lifestyle. I sat there and looked at that meal for twenty minutes. Ate one piece of turkey bacon and a forkful of omelet and felt so bad that I left the rest of the food on the plate. :( Went to Paragon, bought some workout clothes, off to DSW for some running shoes, and joined Planet Fitness later that afternoon. I lost fifty of the sixty-six pounds by August.
But my clothing situation was now a problem.
My belts were now waaaaaaayyyy too big. My suits and sport coats were a mess. Id dropped from a 48 down to a 42 and in some cases a 40 Regular/Long (designer depending). Pants went down to a 34-35 waist. I had to replace a LOT of stuff. The big-boy gear was not really alterable as a.) It pretty much required re-construction as the size difference was soooooo drastically different now, and b.) the big-boy gear was not great grade stuff to begin with. I was now the side I was back in the late eighties to mid-nineties.
But who knew that my foot size would change so drastically? I was down from a 13E to my old standby size of 11.5E-12D, and I had purchased a LOT of shoes in the bigger size. Apparently, this is actually a “thing”. You lose a large amount of weight and your shoe size will change. My doctor said “Yeah...you went from Fred Flintstone feet to George Jetson feet. It happens. Now you've got an excuse to go shopping. Ha-ha!”
Ha-ha indeed. I'm still getting rid of clothes—trying to find the right charities to donate 'em to as I don't want some “thrift” places profiteering on the mark-ups on my donations. I've found a couple of groups who re-outfit down on their luck guys trying to get back into the workforce—which hit close to home for me as I was on the skids for 18 months from late '06 to Fall of '08. And I had to get rid of more than twenty pairs of shoes I'd accumulated in the “fat foot” sizes.
I got a couple of pairs of AEs in late 2014, then realized how awesome they were and then it was “Katy-bar-the-door”. The thirteen other pairs all came this year—maybe half of 'em seconds, but all from Burlington Coat Factory. All my accessories, secondary laces, polishes and edge dressings are from the main store here on Madison Avenue.
Here's the AE “Army” thus far...
(Had 'em out for a pass of maintenance while watching a ballgame)
BACK ROW L to R: Bone Suede “Sanibel” Loafer, Bourbon “Bleecker Street” Boot, Black Calf “Haight” Boot w/Dainite Sole, Snuff Suede “Gobis”, Espresso “Jodox, Walnut “Hollywood” Web Gems w/Orange V-Tap Sole, Tan “Sands” Beefroll Loafer w/Gumlite Sole.
FRONT ROW L to R: Snuff Suede “Schautal” Longwing Blucher (Basically a Suede “MacNeil”), Black Suede ”Grayson”s, Navy Suede “Stewart” Derby (A Lands End SMU “Leeds” variant in Suede), Merlot “Franciscan” Monk Straps, Black Calf “Players Shoe“ 1.0, Burgundy “Scottsdale” Penny Loafer w/Gumlite Sole, Nutmeg “Big Sur” Derby w/Toby Lug Sole.
Particularly LOVE my last three pickups—the black “Players Shoe (1.0)”, the Merlot “Franciscan”s (Thanks for the tip Neo1!) and lastly, a pair I'd misplaced (!), thankfully realizing i'd left them at my mom's house where I'd stopped after nabbing 'em, Black “Cascade” Boots with the Vibram Lug Sole.
The wife was upset—until she saw what i was getting RID of. “My God! You're throwing away all those shoes?” “Yep...can't wear 'em any more—LOOK!” I tried on a pair of my old shoes and lightly kicked my foot forward which sent the shoe flying off onto the floor. “Well...that's pretty bad. I guess you needed some new shoes.”, she said. “Mmmmmm-Yup!” I replied. :)
But, I'm pretty good now. I've bought other shoes too. Some nice Santonis, Antonio Maurizis and even a verrrrrrry nice pair of Horween Shell Cordovan Florsheim Gunboats. I AM still gaming on a nice pair of Balmorals for suiting wear—have my eye on a couple of lovely pairs of AEs...but I'm pretty well set shoe-wise now, thanks to AE.
Main thing though is that I'm MUCH BETTER set health-wise at 197-202lbs, the fun side effect of which is having to get new kicks. In this case, REALLLLLLY nice kicks. :)
what do you wear with your black suede tassel loafers?post #64916 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:26pm
why would we stop you?
shoe addictions are healthy
randolphs vs patriots
which and why?post #64917 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:32pmQuote:
randolphs b/c i love the way the full strap makes them be able to dress both up and down. it isn't very moc like in the toe box as well which is something that is very attractive to me which goes with being able to dress up and down the loafer.post #64918 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:33pmpost #64919 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:34pmpost #64920 of 7073710/4/15 at 5:35pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Advice: HK Tailor vs. Suitsupply (Budget: US$500-800) 4 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Aspesi Navy M65 FIELD JACKET MEDIUM 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...