Agree looks good...burnished finishes seem to go with jeans better
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4325post #64862 of 7073710/3/15 at 5:53pmQuote:
In addition to the differences previously mentioned, the LaSalle has a foam-padded insole whereas the Delray has a traditional leather "dress" insole. Delray for the win, IMO.
However, the LaSalles are a great value at $127.post #64863 of 7073710/3/15 at 5:54pmQuote:
Thanks, that's very helpful!post #64864 of 7073710/3/15 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by coolarrow
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great! What kind of soles do they come with?
From the profile, it looks like black Dainite -- which would be consistent with the soles on all the 2.0s in brown grain.post #64865 of 7073710/3/15 at 5:57pmpost #64866 of 7073710/3/15 at 6:00pmpost #64867 of 7073710/3/15 at 6:33pmpost #64868 of 7073710/3/15 at 6:34pmGood ship Brown Shell Cordovan came in yesterday.
I received some bad news in September of an issue that came up during the recrafting of my brown shell cordovan Patriots. Allen Edmonds customer service reached out to let me know that they were going to send me a breand new pair of shoes!
Excellent customer service. I'm very pleased. The shoes also came in great condition. I'm really happy with the outcome:post #64869 of 7073710/3/15 at 6:51pmpost #64870 of 7073710/3/15 at 7:08pmQuote:
Well after tonight I'm now at five (grabbed some Rush St. CXL firsts when they popped up in my size at clearance prices...). So I don't have lots of hope for you...
I'm officially done now for a long time. Unless a pair of Ravello Alden NST's pops up, I'm set for a long time...
(I hope)post #64871 of 7073710/3/15 at 7:12pmpost #64872 of 7073710/3/15 at 7:21pmQuote:
Thanks for the tip i just picked up a pair of snuff suede mcgregors and Mojaves. Ive been trying to get some unlined suede chukkas for forever now.post #64873 of 7073710/3/15 at 8:13pmQuote:
14th street Nordstrom Rack had a ton of suede. I was looking at those exact shoes as well as a Williams longwing and some Navy Gobis.post #64874 of 7073710/3/15 at 8:38pmpost #64875 of 7073710/3/15 at 8:40pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Another "Which one to keep" question 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › New York next week 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...