or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4322  

post #64816 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post

Got a question for you guys.  I saw a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Shell Cordovan 744 boots at a Nordstrom Rack today, it's a limited edition boot and I think it was numbered like #780 out of 1000.

I post it here since I believe AE made these.  At least according to the review linked here:

http://louisd.com/post/112809867372/wolverine-1000-mile-744-review

Anyhow, they boots are 30% off MSRP so about $530 after the discount.  That's a lot.  I'm curious what you guys think about these boots, particularly for this price?  

Thanks.

Buy them.
post #64817 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post

Got a question for you guys.  I saw a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Shell Cordovan 744 boots at a Nordstrom Rack today, it's a limited edition boot and I think it was numbered like #780 out of 1000.

I post it here since I believe AE made these.  At least according to the review linked here:

http://louisd.com/post/112809867372/wolverine-1000-mile-744-review

Anyhow, they boots are 30% off MSRP so about $530 after the discount.  That's a lot.  I'm curious what you guys think about these boots, particularly for this price?  

Thanks.

Buy them.

 

+1

Without delay.

post #64818 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post


I'd appreciate that. I didn't know there was a Players 2.0 which would seem to mean that they are actively producing them? Can you confirm if it's the 222 last?

 

It's actually being built on the 108 last. 

post #64819 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
 

 

It's actually being built on the 108 last. 

 

Whoa, nice.

post #64820 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post

It's actually being built on the 108 last. 

That's great news! That may be my next shoe.
post #64821 of 70737
It is a good weekend.
post #64822 of 70737

Players 2.0 Brown Grain are in -

 

@AdamAdam,@Neo1

 

I am not sure which last they are on (has to be 108 or 222) but they fit well in my regular size 10E (strand, macneil suede, dalton)

 

Think they could have done a better job with the toe medallion...

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #64823 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
 

Players 2.0 Brown Grain are in -

 

@AdamAdam,@Neo1

 

I am not sure which last they are on (has to be 108 or 222) but they fit well in my regular size 10E (strand, macneil suede, dalton)

 

Think they could have done a better job with the toe medallion...

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Great pics, thanks for sharing. The 108 last truly is the best looking last out there.

 

I agree that maybe the medallion could be cleaned up a bit, but otherwise those shoes are fantastic.  I might need a pair in the future.

post #64824 of 70737

What last is the Brooks Aberdeen made on?

post #64825 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
 

Players 2.0 Brown Grain are in -

 

@AdamAdam,@Neo1

 

I am not sure which last they are on (has to be 108 or 222) but they fit well in my regular size 10E (strand, macneil suede, dalton)

 

Think they could have done a better job with the toe medallion...

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Those look fantastic! I've been eyeing those on the shoebank since i had to return 2 bad pairs of brown grain wingtips last week from the shoebank (Macneil and Atlantis). To my eyes these look like the're on the 8, it appears that they come in black grain as well.

post #64826 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

What last is the Brooks Aberdeen made on?


222  as far as I recall

post #64827 of 70737

@BackInTheJox thanks for posting and agree the medallion is a touch busy

post #64828 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

@BackInTheJox
 thanks for posting and agree the medallion is a touch busy

@Gabru was the one who posted the pics, I just commented on their beauty.
post #64829 of 70737
Does anyone own the JAB shoe shelves? How is the quality? Does it come with one row or 2, as pictured?
post #64830 of 70737

Those look terrific. Dainite soles?  I think I prefer that brown grain wingtip to the MacNeil.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
 

Players 2.0 Brown Grain are in -

 

@AdamAdam,@Neo1

 

I am not sure which last they are on (has to be 108 or 222) but they fit well in my regular size 10E (strand, macneil suede, dalton)

 

Think they could have done a better job with the toe medallion...

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...