The black rubberish bottoms on the heels of my Park Avenues (VTread if it makes a difference) seem to be coming off. The main area of occurrence is the part of the heel that has worn down from wear. I would take a picture but they aren't nearby. The shoes are only about two months old. Has anyone experienced this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4311post #64651 of 707379/30/15 at 5:08pmpost #64652 of 707379/30/15 at 5:26pmpost #64653 of 707379/30/15 at 5:30pmpost #64654 of 707379/30/15 at 5:54pmpost #64655 of 707379/30/15 at 5:56pmQuote:
I'm hugely biased since I own the tan McT, but i'd recommend both the Mct and the Kenilworth if you can pull it off. Very different shoes that will give you some options...
If you have to get one pair, the McT leans casual and the Kenilworth leans more dressed. Both can go either way, but it just depends on what your needs are.post #64656 of 707379/30/15 at 6:08pmQuote:
First of all, I'm jealous because I want a pair of brown 5th streets real bad. And yes, you ought to reserve them. I could see wearing them with with some dark jeans and a jacket, but I would just reserve them myself. Or you could do what I do sometimes; don't dress far enough down on the weekend to keep you from wearing your favorite shoes.post #64657 of 707379/30/15 at 6:40pmpost #64658 of 707379/30/15 at 6:57pmpost #64659 of 707379/30/15 at 7:02pmpost #64660 of 707379/30/15 at 7:06pmpost #64661 of 707379/30/15 at 7:27pmWalnut Wednesday for me, Rogues under navy chinos - a color combination I never wear - to liven things up a bit. I usually wear either burgundy Dundees or sometimes my burgundy Cambridge shoes with these pants, but today I switched it up.
My Rogues have seen a lot of wear this spring and summer, and have broken in so well that I have a hard time reaching for anything else when I need a light-colored casual blucher.
I hope everyone's week is going well, as always.post #64662 of 707379/30/15 at 7:33pmQuote:
Yes, these are tan waxed leather by AE's description. I've had them since late July and haven't done anything at all to them yet (though it is about time). Here's a "first wear" pic:
So they came pretty much as dark as you see them now. I really like them a lot.post #64663 of 707379/30/15 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by RitchieBro
Quote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
Yep, its Walnut Wednesday.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A woven shoe worn after Labor Day? Oh no......😉
That's right! After Labor Day. I'm a rebel and that's the way I roll.post #64664 of 707379/30/15 at 7:36pmpost #64665 of 707379/30/15 at 7:57pmNot really AE but since its about an AE boot then I'm posting it here anyway.
I've finally worn out the harrier wedge soles of my Carson City boots and Id like to replace it with RLH soles. I already checked with B nelson and sadly try don't have RLH soles. Does anybody here know anyone that resoled with RLH?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Tagliatore Barry mac coat light khaki IT 48 R 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › nice leather strap watch gift for fiance 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...