or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4310  

post #64636 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post

Cornwallis vs Park Ave 

For my first pair of oxfords? 
Park Aves look more formal but I'm 26 and am a real estate agent so I think I can get away with being a little more fashion forward. I really like how the Cornwallis looks but am thinking maybe I should get the Park Ave just to be safe. What do you guys think?
Go for it...Cornwallis!
post #64637 of 70737

 

Oh, Mylanta. What a haul. Congrats on the huuuuuuuuuuuuge score. Hope you and your family are able to take one heck of a great vacation once you unload that stuff.

post #64638 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSamurai View Post
 

Ok, I've whittled my choice down to the tan McTavish ($157), the brown Kenilworth ($127), or the bourbon Ft. Collins ($117). 

 

What's the way to go here people?

 

 

 

Consider buying both the tan McTavish and the brown Kenilworth at these prices!  They are plenty different.

post #64639 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post

Cornwallis vs Park Ave 

For my first pair of oxfords? 
Park Aves look more formal but I'm 26 and am a real estate agent so I think I can get away with being a little more fashion forward. I really like how the Cornwallis looks but am thinking maybe I should get the Park Ave just to be safe. What do you guys think?

My vote FWIW would be for the cornwallis. The new last is a very nice, modern soft square last. I'd only worry about formality if you worked in certain fields that require CBD (banking, law). Plus, you seem to like the cornwallis.
post #64640 of 70737

what would be recommended for my first pair of loafers?

post #64641 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@CMR16hey wolverine, don't leave me hanging like that...😊

Lol I'm sorry my man, I haven't been around the forum much these days. 

post #64642 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzrhwinnj View Post
 

 

 

 

Consider buying both the tan McTavish and the brown Kenilworth at these prices!  They are plenty different.

 

I'd second that, although if I had to buy one it'd be the Kenilworth. I was actually planning on wearing mine today for walnut Wednesday but the rain ruined my plans.I like chiseled toes generally but I find the ft collins odd looking and the fit not too great for my feet.

post #64643 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScofieldReturns View Post
 

what would be recommended for my first pair of loafers?

What are you looking for? 

post #64644 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMR16 View Post
 

What are you looking for? 

 

my...first pair of loafers?  penny loafers to be more specific.  for business casual environment/airports/lazy days...other than that i'm open to suggestions.

post #64645 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Why would it be ironic, considering I never took the anti-DR position?

 

Oh I didn't mean to state that you did, just surrounding the conversation in general :) Anyway. Back to regularly scheduled programming of McTavish pictures. :fonz:

post #64646 of 70737
post #64647 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post
 

Cornwallis vs Park Ave 

 

For my first pair of oxfords? 

Park Aves look more formal but I'm 26 and am a real estate agent so I think I can get away with being a little more fashion forward. I really like how the Cornwallis looks but am thinking maybe I should get the Park Ave just to be safe. What do you guys think?


While the cap toe bal is s staple in a gentleman's wardrobe, I rarely get to wear the pair I own... A few times a year for higher level business meetings only, it's just too formal for most of my days.

 

If you are like most of us, you want stop here and you'll wind up with both anyway, so I say get the Cornwallis if you think it will get more use. Pick up the Park Ave later.

 

I personally feel the Cornwallis is one of AE's nicest looking shoes.

post #64648 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post

Oh I didn't mean to state that you did, just surrounding the conversation in general smile.gif Anyway. Back to regularly scheduled programming of McTavish pictures. fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Oh, alright. Here are mine. Very under appreciated by this forum, but very much appreciated by their owner. smile.gif

post #64649 of 70737

Hey all

 

I have a pair of AE 5th Street boots (brown) incoming. My 1st real dress shoe (been wearing the crap outta my Loakes Bufford lately so wanted to switch it up a little).

 

Yall think the 5th Street will be too formal for weekend attire (polo t-shirt+blue slim fit jeans)? Or leave it for those formal office wears........

 

Cheers!

post #64650 of 70737
Originally Posted by DNSamurai View Post
 

Ok, I've whittled my choice down to the tan McTavish ($157), the brown Kenilworth ($127), or the bourbon Ft. Collins ($117). 

 

What's the way to go here people?

 

McTavish by a country mile.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...