or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4308  

post #64606 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Does Saddleback make their bags in the USA? Not that it matters for the discussion but I heard they were moving some production here(from Mexico?)....or do I have them confused with someone else

I'm pretty sure they're made by hand (by artisans, not assembly line workers) in Mexico (but I'm too lazy to google).

Yeah, sorry I was not trying to do the "Made in China" thing - I had looked at them when deciding on a duffell to buy as they popped up in my search. I remember their briefcases making me wish I needed a briefcase.

post #64607 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Yeah, sorry I was not trying to do the "Made in China" thing - I had looked at them when deciding on a duffell to buy as they popped up in my search. I remember their briefcases making me wish I needed a briefcase.

Ha! Me too. Sadly for me (or happily, depending on your point of view) my needs are adequately met by my waterproof nylon messenger back from BR, which is eminently losable (as I am constantly losing items not strapped or laced to my body).

Mexico has a long history of artisan leather working, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think most Americans view off-shoring as a means for a company to cut costs and therefore quality by hiring cheaper labor. But this is not true in all cases.
post #64608 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Mexico has a long history of artisan leather working, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think most Americans view off-shoring as a means for a company to cut costs and therefore quality by hiring cheaper labor. But this is not true in all cases.

 

Funny that this statement struck me as ironic, seeing the conversation that we had a bit ago about the DR. Theres a reason that's where the handswens are made. Dont want to get this going again, just thought it was a good point :) 

post #64609 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

 

I understand. My wife was counting shoe boxes there for a while as well and was starting to get a bit peeved. I will tell you how I handled it. One of my sons also liked shoes and had a need for additional income. I started him in a side business buying and selling shoes to flip on ebay. This means there is a frequent delivery of shoe boxes to the house and a nearly equal number going back out. She now assumes all boxes arriving are just part of that side job. My shoes arrive under that radar and quietly go into the closet and I occasionally remove a less favored pair out through him as well. I killed two birds with one stone: Extra money for him and a perfect cover for my shoe addiction. You may now shake your head in amazement.

 

:worship:

post #64610 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post

Funny that this statement struck me as ironic, seeing the conversation that we had a bit ago about the DR. Theres a reason that's where the handswens are made. Dont want to get this going again, just thought it was a good point smile.gif 

Why would it be ironic, considering I never took the anti-DR position?
post #64611 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post

Funny that this statement struck me as ironic, seeing the conversation that we had a bit ago about the DR. Theres a reason that's where the handswens are made. Dont want to get this going again, just thought it was a good point smile.gif 

Why would it be ironic, considering I never took the anti-DR position?

 

I think that whole argument settles around the main line tauted as "Made in the USA" and having work done over seas. I am pretty sure that any one who got any of the handsewn boat shoes, moc's and beefrolls from the DR were more than impressed with the craftmanship.

post #64612 of 70737

Yep, its Walnut Wednesday.

 

post #64613 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Yep, its Walnut Wednesday.

 


I love my Shreveports!!  I have them in walnut and black.  Now if only they could weave shell......

post #64614 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Yep, its Walnut Wednesday.





A woven shoe worn after Labor Day? Oh no......😉
post #64615 of 70737


Walnut Wednesday, indeed!

 

post #64616 of 70737

Warwick Wednesday

 

Sorry, it's raining and these have a rubber sole unlike my walnut shoes

 

post #64617 of 70737

Some lunch fun with McTavishes

 

 

post #64618 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

Some lunch fun with McTavishes

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Clicked on the thread three times till I relaized these were not longwings....lol

post #64619 of 70737
Brown Jefferson today



post #64620 of 70737

Extremely baffled sizing for AE 65 Last.

 

I fit both 10.5D & 9.5EEE. I feel like I can even squeeze in 9EEE just fine on the 5 last..

 

I am not sure if 10.5D is indeed too large (no creasings happen when I wear). I do like the feeling of have least amount of empty space in the front toe area, as long as the toes are not touching the uppers.

 

When I can do 9.5EEE and 10.5D... Something is really off with the sizing.. right?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...