or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4307  

post #64591 of 70737

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

 

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!

post #64592 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

 

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!


Or a lot of angry wives from our past mistakes... :rotflmao: 

 

good call!

post #64593 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dress As If View Post




The shoes actually fit very very well. I do have a very high instep and the width on those shoes is already 3E so the next step would be a half size up but then my heel slips out. Additionally, only the right foot creates that bowing.

Will consider all opinions based on what I just said. Thanks

Sorry, I was under the impression that the OP was asking for advice about the fit. I went back through the posts and no such request was made. My appologies
post #64594 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!
Good call bud
post #64595 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

 

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!

 

Smart choice.  Nicer bag, happy wife.  :)

post #64596 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

 

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!

saddleback was actually my original choice before seeing the strand double flap briefcase.

post #64597 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketheraven View Post
 

Don't really have anything to add, just thought you gents deserved to get a piece of my mind. Thanks to this forum I now own over 30 pairs of shoes (most of which are Allen Edmonds). I have run out of hiding places and room to store all these d@#n shoes and have even started rivaling the wife on closet/general bedroom space! You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

 :violin: 

 

I understand. My wife was counting shoe boxes there for a while as well and was starting to get a bit peeved. I will tell you how I handled it. One of my sons also liked shoes and had a need for additional income. I started him in a side business buying and selling shoes to flip on ebay. This means there is a frequent delivery of shoe boxes to the house and a nearly equal number going back out. She now assumes all boxes arriving are just part of that side job. My shoes arrive under that radar and quietly go into the closet and I occasionally remove a less favored pair out through him as well. I killed two birds with one stone: Extra money for him and a perfect cover for my shoe addiction. You may now shake your head in amazement.

post #64598 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

I understand. My wife was counting shoe boxes there for a while as well and was starting to get a bit peeved. I will tell you how I handled it. One of my sons also liked shoes and had a need for additional income. I started him in a side business buying and selling shoes to flip on ebay. This means there is a frequent delivery of shoe boxes to the house and a nearly equal number going back out. She now assumes all boxes arriving are just part of that side job. My shoes arrive under that radar and quietly go into the closet and I occasionally remove a less favored pair out through him as well. I killed two birds with one stone: Extra money for him and a perfect cover for my shoe addiction. You may now shake your head in amazement.

You are an inspiration to us all. Nice work!
post #64599 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!

What a thoughtful wife! Great gift.

And you are getting the better bag. But be warned: you WILL be approached by complete strangers to ask about your bag. It happens to me regularly, occasionally by a fellow owner.

And it will look better five years from now. Just don't baby it. It was built to be used so use it and embrace the patina that will come.

In fact, more folks should think of their shoes in that way. 😎
post #64600 of 70737
Happy walnut Wednesday! It's getting closer to Friday!
post #64601 of 70737
Hi all. Long time lurker, this is my first post.

So I purchased a pair of McAllisters about 5 months ago. I have worn them about 2-3 days a week since. What I have noticed is that the soles on both heels are starting to separate. I was floored that this would happen to such expensive shoes. I have never had this happen to any shoe I have ever purchased including the cheap $50 pairs.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any luck on getting AE to repair? I know that this may be outside of a warranty window given they've been worn for 5 months, but I don't think it's OK to assume that when purchasing a $300+ pair of shoes that the heels will separate in 5 months.
post #64602 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcdx22 View Post

Hi all. Long time lurker, this is my first post.

So I purchased a pair of McAllisters about 5 months ago. I have worn them about 2-3 days a week since. What I have noticed is that the soles on both heels are starting to separate. I was floored that this would happen to such expensive shoes. I have never had this happen to any shoe I have ever purchased including the cheap $50 pairs.

Anyone have a similar experience? Any luck on getting AE to repair? I know that this may be outside of a warranty window given they've been worn for 5 months, but I don't think it's OK to assume that when purchasing a $300+ pair of shoes that the heels will separate in 5 months.

This is common, not to worry. Best thing is always to contact cacmail@allenedmonds.com

If they won't replace it for you, it's a 10 dollar repair for most cobblers (don't quote me, that's what the guy on my street charges).
post #64603 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Wisdom abounds on this board, and well beyond shoes.

I am going to keep my beautiful new bag!

What a thoughtful wife! Great gift.

And you are getting the better bag. But be warned: you WILL be approached by complete strangers to ask about your bag. It happens to me regularly, occasionally by a fellow owner.

And it will look better five years from now. Just don't baby it. It was built to be used so use it and embrace the patina that will come.

In fact, more folks should think of their shoes in that way. 😎

 

Does Saddleback make their bags in the USA? Not that it matters for the discussion but I heard they were moving some production here(from Mexico?)....or do I have them confused with someone else

post #64604 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Does Saddleback make their bags in the USA? Not that it matters for the discussion but I heard they were moving some production here(from Mexico?)....or do I have them confused with someone else

I'm pretty sure they're made by hand (by artisans, not assembly line workers) in Mexico (but I'm too lazy to google).
post #64605 of 70737
Finally cooling off here, so I am officially declaring it Fall and switching from the Natural Tan McTavish to the Cognac McTavish.


Chris
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...