or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4295  

post #64411 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post

Those are awesome. Thank you.

No problem. It's a great shoe.
post #64412 of 70737
Are brown cordovan Strands available??
post #64413 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post

Can someone with brown cordovan Strands please post a picture of them? My buddy is interested in their true color. He's new to AE.


Here's a whole bunch of brown!

post #64414 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post

Can someone with brown cordovan Strands please post a picture of them? My buddy is interested in their true color. He's new to AE.


Three shell Strands

post #64415 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Are brown cordovan Strands available??

Yes. Not online at the moment (until the RDA sale is over), but you can still order them through a retail store or AE's main telephone number.
post #64416 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22busy View Post

I'm looking at two shoes right now. I'm interested in opinions.

Shoe 1 is a walnut or dark brown Strand. Both are great looking to me. The walnut seems less versatile. What color dress pants would you wear with this?

Shoe 2 is the black Clark Street. I know the CXL leather is a bit more casual, but would these work with dress pants in business casual setting? I'm looking for something that I could wear on rainy days in the south. I have the Rutledge and Sanford in black for suits and dress pants on dry days.


1. I have walnut, and I'm thinking about getting the brown myself. The walnut looks better in my opinion, but are definitely more difficult to wear in a business casual setting. Since I don't own any denim, I wear mine with cotton chinos and linen trousers, as well as tan dress trousers without much thought. I've worn them with brown, gray, and blue dress slacks as well, but it really depends on the formality of coat, shirt, and tie combination as to whether or not it looks appropriate. All that to say that I think the dark brown would be far easier to wear appropriately in a more traditional business casual setting. I kinda wish I had gotten the brown first and then purchased the walnut later on, which is what my gut was telling me the whole time.... but that walnut just looks so dog gone good on its own. 

 

2. Not familiar with the black CXL in person, but if they are as black and non-distressed looking as they appear to be on the website, they are bound to work as well as the cheap polished leather shoes I wear in Mississippi rain storms. 

post #64417 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22busy View Post

I'm looking at two shoes right now. I'm interested in opinions.

Shoe 1 is a walnut or dark brown Strand. Both are great looking to me. The walnut seems less versatile. What color dress pants would you wear with this?

Shoe 2 is the black Clark Street. I know the CXL leather is a bit more casual, but would these work with dress pants in business casual setting? I'm looking for something that I could wear on rainy days in the south. I have the Rutledge and Sanford in black for suits and dress pants on dry days.

 

Well, you DID ask for opinions. :)

 

For the Strand get brown.  It's more versatile than walnut because (i) you can wear it with darker dress pants, (ii) you can wear it year round, and (iii) it is a more acceptable alternative suit shoe than walnut. 

 

For the Clark Street, even if you didn't  already have the other two black shoes, I'd say get any Clark Street OTHER than black if it is to be worn "with dress pants in business casual setting."

 

Like I said, opinions, etc.

post #64418 of 70737
All this talk about walnut Strands... I know what I'm wearing tomorrow.
post #64419 of 70737

Got a quick question folks, I ordered a pair of 1st qual Strand Cords from a Shoebank that I do business with often.  The manger said they have 1st qual Cords instock in WI warehouse.  Well today I got the shipment notification that the shoes shipped, but they shipped from a different outlet (from Brookfield WI).  So do outlet stock 1st quals??

 

The store my order shipped from 

 

Allen Edmonds #10
Galleria West Ste 106
18900 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield WI 53045-6092
 
ordered from Destin FL 
post #64420 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post

All this talk about walnut Strands... I know what I'm wearing tomorrow.

Just polished my Chili Strands for tomorrow :) 

post #64421 of 70737
Hi All, would like to seek your expertise regarding some queries of mine.. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I currently have these shoes on rotation:

1. Black Plain Captoe Oxford
2. Dark Brown Plain Captoe Oxford
3. Burgandy Penny Loafers

I work in an environment where the standard attire would be more of a standard business getup consisting of dress shirt (plain), dress pants and dress shoes. So the above 3 pairs of shoes has somewhat worked for me thus far.

I am looking to acquire a pair of AE's, and i would like them to be able to be worn in a more business casual setting (think long sleeved button downs with patterns, chino trousers, shoes)

So far I have been looking at oxfords and derbies with some brouging, in particular the Strands model in either Walnut or Bourbon.

My questions are:

1. Would i be able to get away with wearing the Strands for my normal deskjob without it looking too out of place with my attire (shirt and pants)?

2. Which colour would be better suited for it? Right now i am leaning towards the Walnut.

3. I fit a Meermin UK8 in Hiro Last, but it is very snug and i doubt i can go even a half size lower. I also have wide feet. Should i get the Strands in US 9E, 9EE or 9EEE?

4. Any other AE model which might fit my requirement?

Thanks in advance and greatly appreciate any form of feedback! biggrin.gif
post #64422 of 70737

I am eyeing a pair of shell Leeds.  I am in need of a Plain Toe for business/slightly formal events.  I found one up on the second hand market for what seems to be a fairly good price, but I am fairly new at this.

 

Is this color of brown acceptable?  They look similar to a cigar colored shell from Alden to my eyes, but I don't know much!

 

post #64423 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post

Well, you DID ask for opinions. smile.gif

For the Strand get brown.  It's more versatile than walnut because (i) you can wear it with darker dress pants, (ii) you can wear it year round, and (iii) it is a more acceptable alternative suit shoe than walnut. 

For the Clark Street, even if you didn't  already have the other two black shoes, I'd say get any Clark Street OTHER than black if it is to be worn "with dress pants in business casual setting."

Like I said, opinions, etc.

I did ask for opinions and I'm getting some great responses. Thanks for the replies.

I'll probably end up with the walnut Strands now because I don't think that itch is going to go away until I scratch it. Those shoes look so good I could go to work in my PJs and they would still look good.

I would like to come back later and get the brown cordovan Strands. Then I'll have both smile.gif
post #64424 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

Got a quick question folks, I ordered a pair of 1st qual Strand Cords from a Shoebank that I do business with often.  The manger said they have 1st qual Cords instock in WI warehouse.  Well today I got the shipment notification that the shoes shipped, but they shipped from a different outlet (from Brookfield WI).  So do outlet stock 1st quals??

The store my order shipped from 

Allen Edmonds #10
Galleria West Ste 106
18900 W Bluemound Rd
Brookfield WI 53045-6092
 
ordered from Destin FL 

Yes, outlets can order 1st quality and sometimes keep them in store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landau View Post

I am eyeing a pair of shell Leeds.  I am in need of a Plain Toe for business/slightly formal events.  I found one up on the second hand market for what seems to be a fairly good price, but I am fairly new at this.

Is this color of brown acceptable?  They look similar to a cigar colored shell from Alden to my eyes, but I don't know much! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yes, the burgundy cordovan color fades to a light reddish brown through wear and exposure to sub. My guess is that those are quite well worn to have patina red that much. They should still yield many years of use though. How are the soles?

Also, so many are posting their shell strands, I may as well post mine. smile.gif

post #64425 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post

Can someone with brown cordovan Strands please post a picture of them? My buddy is interested in their true color. He's new to AE.

Sure.










Next to walnut shell:





Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

ordered from Destin FL 

John, Tom and Paul are awesome! All of my AE puchases have been from them. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...