I wear 12.5D for PA, Strand, McAllister and I was sized for 12 E in Dalton. 13 D was too big but the 12E fit pretty well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4269post #64021 of 707379/21/15 at 10:04ampost #64022 of 707379/21/15 at 11:27ampost #64023 of 707379/21/15 at 11:34amI have a code for $50 off one pair of shoes (not valid on seconds, Island Sandals, or SWIMS) through their website or by calling. The coupon is only good for one use through the 23rd. I am not planning to use it. Send me a PM if somebody here wants it.post #64024 of 707379/21/15 at 12:19pmpost #64025 of 707379/21/15 at 12:28pmpost #64026 of 707379/21/15 at 12:30pmpost #64027 of 707379/21/15 at 12:39pmpost #64028 of 707379/21/15 at 12:53pmQuote:
Thanks. It's just patina, honestly. These have a pretty mind-blowing level of it. I haven't used any VSC on these (which is what I usually use to give shell a bit of shine).post #64029 of 707379/21/15 at 1:00pm
And...as this is “THE ALLEN EDMONDS APPRECIATION THREAD”, I'm gonna look past the recent rancor and go with what the bold and italics say—“Appreciation”.
I LOVE “nice” shoes but admittedly cut corners in buying for years. “Hey, they're gonna hit the pavement a few thousand times a day...why spend ALL that money, amirite?” Had quite a few pair of Cole-Haans (still have some in fact—vintage jobbies that were well made) and some nice-ish Italian stuff. But I'd always wanted better. Two kids in school, child support and living in NYC is simply a vacuum cleaner into the disposable income section of the wallet, so going to the next level wasn't really a viable option.
I'd walk up Madison Avenue here and drool into the windows at the Fratelli Rosetti, J.M. Weston, Alden and yes, Allen Edmonds stores...“Soon”, I'd muse. “Soon...”
“Soon” is now. No more child support. A little bit of disposable available (gotta pay those other bills first, y'know) And yeah, I found a nice cache of AEs—first and seconds wonderfully priced at the (apparently anathema to mention to some) Burlington Coat Factory stores here in NYC. They get more than a few of the nice SMUs that don't move at the main stores and ShoeBank as well as the odd rarities that linger elsewhere for whatever reason. I've picked up fifteen pairs in the span of about nine months and spent about...$2000.00, which is what I'd have spent for seven or so pairs at full retail. I'll make THAT leap quite soon though.:) Here's what I appreciate...
I APPRECIATE saving money on a MUCH better grade shoe than I'd been getting, AND that they're made (in large part) here in the U.S.A.
I APPRECIATE the kindness and knowledge shared by the SAs at the main stores here in NYC—the tips they've given as well as their customer service on purchases.
I APPRECIATE this forum, that has been (even with the occasional grumpiness, anal-retentiveness and hyper-sensitivity—often born of a passion for quality, sometimes other things too...) a master class on shoe-crafting, what to look for, maintenance, and passion for a brand that tries to do a lot of things well—which they may not get ALL right—but they do enough to make a lot of people happy with how they look while giving them a pretty damn good grade of quality in their footwear.
I APPRECIATE the fun and the sharing here. A classic example is in the picture in this post. Neo1 hipped me to these Merlot Franciscan Monks that were at the Braintree, MA BCF...for $100.00. I'd been looking for Franciscans—particularly in the rare Merlot color for an eternity—and he looked out for me.
I APPRECIATE that. :)
Oh. I ALSO APPRECIATE my sister who lives in Boston making the ten minute drive over to Braintree last week and picking 'em up for me. I was ready to pay her back, but she just gifted 'em to me. God, but they're beautiful...
With that, back to your regularly scheduled Appreciation...and other stuff. :)
Edited by misterellington - 9/22/15 at 12:02ampost #64030 of 707379/21/15 at 1:09pmpost #64031 of 707379/21/15 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brown Dynamite
PC PoD to help rebalance the thread:
Sand Suede Gobis. I hope one day soon AE decides to start offering brown Dainite. I'd send these in for recrafting well before they needed to if that were the case.
Feel like my brown suede Gobi's are much rounder and less sleek than those. The pic above is a much closer resemblance to my sand suede Amoks. (Guess that sand color is sliming.)post #64032 of 707379/21/15 at 1:17pmpost #64033 of 707379/21/15 at 1:19pmpost #64034 of 707379/21/15 at 1:30pmpost #64035 of 707379/21/15 at 1:33pm
Shell cordovan. It's basically the fibrous flat muscle beneath the horsehide/butt area. Makes for a durable/smooth material that is easily shined up and doesn't crease but tends to roll instead. @JSO1 or @mdubs could give a more in-depth explanation :)Quote:
Yes, yes it is... Stay away if you know what's better for you
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Classic Tuxedo Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Loosest women in the world 10 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 11 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 14 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...