Haha!!! Yeah it's quite round from up top, but more shapely than any AE last from the side of front. More importantly, it fits my foot as if it were bespoke. AE will always be my first love, but Vass is my true soul mate
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4255post #63811 of 707379/17/15 at 8:27ampost #63812 of 707379/17/15 at 8:29ampost #63813 of 707379/17/15 at 9:01ampost #63814 of 707379/17/15 at 9:08ampost #63815 of 707379/17/15 at 9:42ampost #63816 of 707379/17/15 at 9:49ampost #63817 of 707379/17/15 at 10:28am
So, long time lurker here that just recently purchased my first pair of Allen Edmonds. I got some 2nd Walnut Strands that I can't even really tell what the problem is cosmetically... Anyways, I have been wearing them for a few weeks and the one thing that is annoying me is the constant sound of scuffs across any floor that my shoes make. Mainly my left shoe but the right is a little quieter. I have a couple pairs of J&M shoes with leather soles so I know scuffed up soles shouldn't be making this sound. It is rather loud sound that you can hear anytime I'm walking. Is this normal or can there possibly be sound made from between the sole and in sole? It's driving me nuts. Anyone have this problem? Should I be contacting AE about this?post #63818 of 707379/17/15 at 10:31ampost #63819 of 707379/17/15 at 10:44am
Latest AE finds at NYC's Burlington Coat Factory—this one the Chelsea store on 6th Avenue between 22nd & 23rd Streets...
First we have these lovely Espresso-colored McClains in a 14D at $139.00. Do believe these are seconds—the little “shoe” brand on the sole is barely visible. It's more of an indentation as opposed to the usual dark burn/brand, but they are in awesome shape.
Next on deck is a pair of Dark Brown Suede Crepe-Soled Mojave Chukkas in a 13D. Don't know the price on these, but they can't be more than $139.00. They normally price their AE casuals between $89.00-$119.00 or so. These were in excellent shape!
Now, to paraphrase Tina Turner, we're gonna get nice....AND ROUGH! Spotted these gorgeous 9D Tan Toby Lug--Soled Aberdeens. They had a couple of nicks, but that's part of the charm of the Aberdeens...their rough, weathered finish. What bugs me is the way they marked the price in addition to the actual adhesive tag—that ugly white marker-ed pricing. Pretty sure a little Cutex/Acetone/Nail Polish Remover would remove that but still...yecccch. Aside from that, it IS a great-looking shoe. If you're a size 9D, you wanna nab 'em...especially at $99.00!
And finally, we have the rare, cap-toed, Toby Lug-soled balmoral Kiowas in a rough sand/bourbon color. My take is the “seconding” of these is due to the uneven polishing. The left shoe has a bit of a shine on the cap-toe while the right shoe is duller. It's a casual shoe for sure, but the ruggedness is offset by the delicacy of the pinking and brogueing. Once again, the rough price marking on the sole, but @ $89.00, go get a bottle of Cutex and some cotton balls and BOOM! You're good.
As I always say...hustle down there and...“GO GIT 'EM BOYS!” :)post #63820 of 707379/17/15 at 11:18ampost #63821 of 707379/17/15 at 1:00pmpost #63822 of 707379/17/15 at 1:03pmpost #63823 of 707379/17/15 at 1:14pmpost #63824 of 707379/17/15 at 1:20pmpost #63825 of 707379/17/15 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@RLeslieS - not discontinued, looks like this years version of the Flagstaff to me. Also had to comment, wish I went with the golden RS instead of green myself. Green is nice and all but gold would get way more use.
Happy new year btw.
Same to you!
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 32 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › British workwear / heritage brands 24 minutes ago
- › Recommend me boots for driving 36 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 38 minutes ago
- › Backpack: Need, but Do Not Like 40 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 43 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway