Beautiful shoes and dog. I tried to make the Clark streets work for me, but experienced a bit too much bowing. A bummer too since I was looking for ultra casual NSTs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4248post #63706 of 707379/13/15 at 1:43pmpost #63707 of 707379/13/15 at 2:20pmpost #63708 of 707379/13/15 at 2:36pmpost #63710 of 707379/13/15 at 3:49pm
Thank you to the Style Forum. Just been eye browsing for a long time and decided to join the community.
I am fairly new to the whole Allen Edmonds game and found that the fit of the shoes is much trickier than it ought to be... I moved back to school for the fall now and finding a physical AE store is now impossible where I am studying..
Had a question about what sizing I should be looking for.
Currently, I own and feel comfortable with:
- McGregor - 10.5D
- 6th Aveneue Toe Derby - 10.5D
I found these to be not the right sizes:
- Cavanaugh - 10.5D (Large - mad heel slipping. Tried on Cavanaugh/Hyde Street size 10D - fits decently well, but haven't "walked around" yet to test out)
- Carlyle - 10B (Almost impossible to fit in in the first place)
- Cavalier - 10.5B (Length could be fine, but way too narrow)
- Naples - 10.5B (Length could be fine, but way too narrow)
Other shoe brands...
- Cole Haan lace ups - 11D
- Cole Haan loafers - 10.5 or 11 (More like 10.75... size 11 great with socks for loafers)
- Gordon Rush - 9.5D or 10D
- Johnston & Murphy loafers - 10.5D
- Sebago loafers - 10D
- Zara loafers - 11D
What could be my actual size for AE's Cavanaugh and Ascher loafers?
The width seems to be a medium, but finding 10 vs. 10.5 has been a real trick so far... Ebay/online is only means for me to buy Allen Edmonds now and I have already returned 3 shoes because of fit.. Thank you for your feedback in advance gentlemen!post #63711 of 707379/13/15 at 4:35pmpost #63712 of 707379/13/15 at 5:00pmpost #63713 of 707379/13/15 at 5:41pmQuote:
I VERY much love both the Adams AND the Grayson—and the Indy line's dyeing technique along with what feels to the hand like a more supple leather (AE basic calf is pretty damned good anyway) is a plus-plus.
But I don't own a pair of Adams'. I've seen and held them, and they're lovely.
I DO have a pair of Graysons—that IMHO are pretty damned sublime as they are not calf, but rather...Black Suede.
These are dangerous shoes. Even as a tasseled loafer—which by nature is a casual shoe, somehow in Black Suede, these gain a weird extra opulence. I threw these on for a gallery opening with a pair of black jeans and a Dunhill/Zegna tuxedo jacket (Yes, yes...I know...a tux jacket and jeans are a faux pas, but this was a nice pair of pristine Goldshmeids with no fading and a rich dark dye and I DID wear a white shirt...sue me, but it really did work) and it KILLED. Two guys asked who made 'em. When I told one of 'em Allen Edmonds, he goes "Well, that's out the window for me.I was hoping Topman. I can afford Topman.". The other admirer was a gorgeous young lady with bits of sparkle embedded in her eye makeup. As if she needed it. A silent nod as she spoke to her friend, a look at my shoes and a raise of her glass. Every time we were near one another, she'd acknowledge the shoes—the last time extending her leg and waggling her foot at me.
That's all of the story I'll tell. The moral? I DIG these shoes!post #63714 of 707379/13/15 at 7:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
I swear this will be my last update on tinkering with these shoes. I messed around a little more with cleaner/polish, and here's the final (for now, at least) result.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Much, much better. The burnish is blending, where as before it just looked laid up on that walnut with no effort whatsoever. I think if you blend it anymore, you'll lose the effect from a distance, which may or may not be what you are looking for. Still a little dark for my taste up close, but I'm sure they look sweet from across the room. I imagine it will blend nicely from this point onward with normal care.post #63715 of 707379/13/15 at 7:40pmpost #63716 of 707379/13/15 at 7:48pmpost #63717 of 707379/13/15 at 9:18pmpost #63718 of 707379/13/15 at 10:28pmpost #63719 of 707379/13/15 at 10:37pmpost #63720 of 707379/13/15 at 10:41pm
I wish I knew! Got 'em on clearance at Burlington for $139.00. They may have been a returned MTO that the Shoe Bank couldn't clear, but there was another pair in a larger size (Long gone now) in Snuff Suede as well at Burlington, so...perhaps the suede was an SMU for some place. I HAVE heard of it as an MTO too, but two of 'em in one outlet store makes me think otherwise.
Secondary story behind these is that I had 'em in hand at BCF, put 'em down...and ANOTHER dude picked 'em up and was walking around with 'em. He tried 'em on. Didn't buy, but stashed 'em in a smaller size section and didn't think I saw him.
I did. I picked 'em up. Pretty sure he was mad. :(
Pretty lady at the gallery opening dug 'em though...so,
Edited by misterellington - 9/14/15 at 5:10pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...