or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4235  

post #63511 of 70737

Do you guys prefer shoe cream, polish, or some combination of the two?

post #63512 of 70737

Does anyone know if this dark spot can be removed? This is a Jefferson Shell Cordovan (Brown) Factory Second.

post #63513 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post
  Warning: Not Safe For Humanity (Click to show)


I give the gents of this thread the worst thing AE has ever made.

 

winner winner chicken dinner

post #63514 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigly View Post

Does anyone know if this dark spot can be removed? This is a Jefferson Shell Cordovan (Brown) Factory Second.

Probably not. Those spots are part of the character of shell, and are usually in the skin and permanent. Bick 4, brush brush brush, and some cordovan cream (brown AE) and brush & buff some more, and it may blend in some. The spot is where no one will notice though, and for seconds if that's the only issue, you did great! Wear and enjoy, they will get better with time!
post #63515 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubirth View Post
 

Got a question about factory seconds. When you call a store to inquire about a shoe, do they usually know WHAT is wrong with the shoe?


If you know what size Allen-Edmonds (Woodlore) shoe trees go into the shoe you are asking about, you might want to ask the person you are speaking to on the phone to try a shoetree of that size in the shoe and see if it goes into the shoe.  

Some seconds are seconds only because they have the wrong size stamped in them and on the labels on their boxes.  You don't want to get shoes that are too small and then have to spend $10.00 to send them back.

post #63516 of 70737

Wow great find!  If that is the only thing wrong with them, i'd keep them in a heart beat.  I picked up calf Jeffersons during the tent sale, and are probably my favorite Allen Edmonds now.

post #63517 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


Probably not. Those spots are part of the character of shell, and are usually in the skin and permanent. Bick 4, brush brush brush, and some cordovan cream (brown AE) and brush & buff some more, and it may blend in some. The spot is where no one will notice though, and for seconds if that's the only issue, you did great! Wear and enjoy, they will get better with time!


Thanks. Besides this spot and some messiness on the sole edge (which, by the way, isn't as thick as the soles on my Williams or the ones here), they are perfect. Would saphir renovateur work as well as Bick 4?

post #63518 of 70737

 

 

And my Sands' Pennies—made in the DR and thus, NOT eligible for recrafting, but still damned nice...

 

 

All found there amidst “The Crazy”. The GOOD thing? After awhile, the nice stuff fairly jumps out at'cha from the surrounding awfulness, so you don't have to go rooting too far. :)

Hey bud,

I saw these at my BCF today. I don't "need" them, and they fall into the "want" category. They were priced at $89. How long before they drop in price?

post #63519 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

Here's couple more with the flash. Took a pic of the sole. Wore these shoes 2 to 3 times from what I recollect.

Also check out the tiger stripes

Those stripes look weird. My creases on the front look like that too though. Mine were Leeds 1.0. Both on the Brown and Walnut. I find it looks more pronounced on the brown though.

I wouldn't worry about the soles though. Just walking on concrete for a while will easily do that. It's amazing how many holes and scratches you get just from walking in the shoe store wink.gif
post #63520 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkun View Post

Those stripes look weird. My creases on the front look like that too though. Mine were Leeds 1.0. Both on the Brown and Walnut. I find it looks more pronounced on the brown though.

I wouldn't worry about the soles though. Just walking on concrete for a while will easily do that. It's amazing how many holes and scratches you get just from walking in the shoe store wink.gif

Thanks, i posted the soles to show the age of the shoes.

How do the Leeds fit compared to the 5 last?
post #63521 of 70737
Has anyone bought from boater1105wnt on eBay. He has lots of shells on sale.
post #63522 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

Thanks, i posted the soles to show the age of the shoes.

How do the Leeds fit compared to the 5 last?

Ah got it smile.gif My shoes creased really easily as well. I had to walk really carefully while trying them on at home for an evening. I don't have any 5 last shoes but I've been told the 511 last is wider and that's exactly why I got the Leeds (in 3E)
post #63523 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post

Here's couple more with the flash. Took a pic of the sole. Wore these shoes 2 to 3 times from what I recollect.

Also check out the tiger stripes in the hide.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

 

My black FA had similar striping in the same place that has gotten nearly impossible to see over time. But then, I only paid $109 for them NIB with bags. The creasing on the other hand looks pretty bad in my opinion. It almost looks like polish cracking as apposed to a normal creasing pattern. Perhaps they sat up for a while somewhere and could use a lot of lotion. If they were firsts, I would contact customer care (and then we may eventually see them on eBay as thirds.) 

post #63524 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigly View Post

Does anyone know if this dark spot can be removed? This is a Jefferson Shell Cordovan (Brown) Factory Second.

Probably, but even if not, don't let that stop you from grabbing this pair if it's a deal. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #63525 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Hey bud,

I saw these at my BCF today. I don't "need" them, and they fall into the "want" category. They were priced at $89. How long before they drop in price?


Can't say with certainty, but if they JUST got there and remain there for more than three weeks or so, they'll probably dip 'em down to $69—but after that, if they don't move, they'll just get 'em outta there pronto. The problem IS, if they've already been there a while and they haven't already reduced 'em (Mine were $79), they may just opt to ship 'em out quick someplace else where they'll be sold at cost or perhaps a slight loss to BCF so they don't keep spending money on inventorying and re-inventorying 'em. You may have to resort to tucking 'em away in a less-viewed spot to stave off the vultures nabbing 'em first. I've only done that ONCE with a pair of AEs I spotted at a BCF—a pair of gorgeous Bleecker Streets that I stashed on a lower shelf where they DON'T keep the boots to take 'em off the top, eye-level rack. I know...“boo...hiss” me. :(

 

With that, the Sands' are super-comfy walking shoes. Gonna baby these a bit as they can't be recrafted. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...