Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4226post #63376 of 707379/3/15 at 11:24ampost #63377 of 707379/3/15 at 11:48ampost #63378 of 707379/3/15 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
The first Ave boot has an incredible long toe cap and it is unstructured for most of it- I do not believe anyone can wear these boots without toe cap creasing...I could live with it and would probably pre-crease it with a straight line rather than some of the really crooked creasing that some pics have showed
Thank you both for your responses. I went with the Dundee.post #63379 of 707379/3/15 at 1:50pmpost #63380 of 707379/3/15 at 2:36pmpost #63381 of 707379/3/15 at 3:24pmpost #63382 of 707379/3/15 at 3:25pmpost #63383 of 707379/3/15 at 3:41pmpost #63384 of 707379/3/15 at 4:03pmQuote:
Length is very much the same, with the 201 fitting a little fuller through the ball and instep. I love how it fits. Ive finally come to the conclusion that I'm 12C in the 5 last, and an easy 11.5 D in the 201 if that helps at all.post #63385 of 707379/3/15 at 4:30pmQuote:
Thanks for the info. I have a very hard-to-fit foot. I take a 6EEE in the 65 and 108 lasts but a 6.5E in the 97, 234, and 511 lasts. Getting shoes in 6 EEE is a pain in the butt, so I'm hoping that 6.5E works in the 201. I guess I'll have to try them on first to know. I just hate to do so much experimental e-shopping -- doesn't seem right.post #63386 of 707379/3/15 at 8:30pm
merlot jefferson 2.0
THE NEW GOLD STANDARD.
but those sojourner casual shoes... uhm..
and where is the damn randolph 2.0?!?! lol
Edited by HealthActuary - 9/3/15 at 9:26pmpost #63387 of 707379/3/15 at 8:37pmpost #63388 of 707379/3/15 at 9:10pmpost #63389 of 707379/4/15 at 1:10amQuote:
201 is shorter in the toes. 5 last shoes feel long to me.
The wide spot for the ball of the foot is about the same distance from the heel on both, and the toebox on the 201 is a touch more generous even if the very front part is a little shorter than the 65.
The cone comes up a little earlier on a 201, though, so you might get a different impression of the feel and where the widest part hits you, depending on your arch and instep. 65s pinch my pinkie toe a touch and squish the top of my foot when wearing the same size as the 201, mostly because I pull the leather in tight with my high instep, while the 201 fits me perfectly to my brannock size.post #63390 of 707379/4/15 at 1:37am
And it's on the 201 last!
I wonder how substantial the I love america whatever sale will be. I don't really have an independence line type of budget set aside, but I really do want a wingtip at some point. That Jefferson might tempt me to stretch it a bit.
Anyway, I guess I was asking a bit much for there to be a short wing blucher on the 201 last, but the fact that they've got most of the bal bases covered for folks with my foot shape makes me happy. That means there'll be something for me next year, as well.
Both the Sturgis an Dalton boots look good to me, and I've already decided the Cornwallis is just a super classy looking shoe.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 54 seconds ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Inca 7.5Uk Burgundy - FINAL PRICE DROP $225.00 with shipping 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway