Better not be... I'll certainly be looking elsewhere if that happens.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4217post #63242 of 707378/30/15 at 7:03pmpost #63243 of 707378/30/15 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by RichieP
@rc121 @Neo1 Re: suede Gobi sizing. I'm 9.5 on the brannock but 10D fits me just right on the 65 last. Tried the suede Gobi earlier this year. 10D were swimming on me. We tried a 9.5D and my big toe was just poking the front of the shoe. I probably needed a 10C but don't think they made 'em in that width. So I had to pass.
Interestingly enough, I normally rock an 11.5D or E, but my foot was just dying in an 11.5D Suede Gobi. Even with that soft suede, it was death on my instep—which actually has never been an issue for me.
The 12D was/is absolutely perfect. And sooooooooo comfortable to walk around in. They break in quickly!
Edited by misterellington - 8/30/15 at 8:38pmpost #63244 of 707378/30/15 at 8:56pmpost #63245 of 707378/30/15 at 9:11pm
I do almost all of my Allen Edmonds shopping online, but today I stopped by one of their stores in Manhattan. It was great to see what everything looks like in the real world. I was really impressed with the brown pebble grain First Avenues and MacNeils -- as I wrote above, it makes me feel bad about just having ordered a pair of the "regular" brown MacNeils. I was also impressed with the Yorktown, and with the snuff suede Malverns. I hadn't seen their snuff suede around in a while; I had forgotten how nice it looks.post #63246 of 707378/30/15 at 10:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn
I do almost all of my Allen Edmonds shopping online, but today I stopped by one of their stores in Manhattan. It was great to see what everything looks like in the real world. I was really impressed with the brown pebble grain First Avenues and MacNeils -- as I wrote above, it makes me feel bad about just having ordered a pair of the "regular" brown MacNeils. I was also impressed with the Yorktown, and with the snuff suede Malverns. I hadn't seen their snuff suede around in a while; I had forgotten how nice it looks.
WOAH WOAH WOAH
Snuff suede Malvern? Thought they discontinued the Malvern. That's great news! I've got a pair in Brogue suede I wear all of the time!post #63247 of 707378/30/15 at 11:30pm@RichieP - didn't realize this was going to be for rain/bad weather. Personally I always use the Aberdeen or Black hills. The rush st should be fine too. Not sure about the McT - the double sole is definitely durable, it's just not something I would normally use in the rain like those others.post #63248 of 707378/31/15 at 4:11ampost #63249 of 707378/31/15 at 4:29am
My apologies -- I meant that they brought back the "Dundee," not the "Malvern." Although I saw one in snuff suede in the store, and it doesn't seem to be online. Has anybody else seen a suede one in person?
Quote:post #63250 of 707378/31/15 at 4:36amQuote:
I saw the Dundees in suede the other day... I thought they looked great. Didn't get to try one on (I have the calf version of the 2.0 already) or check the quality of the suede out, but am planning on going back soon to do so, and maybe grab a pair for the fall.post #63251 of 707378/31/15 at 5:05am
I'm debating a pair of suede (or perhaps pebble grain) chukkas as well. I can't wear chukkas to my business-formal office. I have a pair of brown Clark's desert boots, which I love, but which I think of as my "fall and winter sneakers," and don't wear with tailored clothing. I've been in the market for a pair of shoes to wear on a vacation for which packing light is important; something dressy enough to wear with sportcoats to nice restaurants and hotels, but casual enough to wear with jeans. I think that a pair of chukkas with a Dainite sole might check all of those boxes.
Whether a third pair of Allen Edmonds shoes this year is a reasonable use of my resources is another question.
Quote:post #63252 of 707378/31/15 at 5:15ampost #63253 of 707378/31/15 at 5:32amQuote:
Orion Leather Company: http://www.orionleathercompany.com/mens-full-grain-leather-belts-s/259.htm
Their returns are put on their eBay store and can be had for $20/30. Very nice full-grain leather belts...I have a London Tan 1.25" which goes well with walnut, and a Burgundy 1.25" which is very close to my merlot McAllisters.
Their eBay store doesn't have any returns for sale at the moment, but keep watching (or spend the $50 at their website): http://www.ebay.com/sch/Belts-/2993/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=orionleather&_sop=15post #63254 of 707378/31/15 at 5:45ampost #63255 of 707378/31/15 at 6:20amQuote:Originally Posted by P12OFIT
The shoes look good, especially for the price you paid. Fit is tricky for your first pair and I learned the hard way that you cannot rely on a brannock or the printable chart to size yourself properly. The first pair of Allen Edmonds I bought were black Park Avenues. I measured myself on a brannock and tried on a few sizes in a local store that stocked AE as I did not have an AE store near me. I measured between 8.5D and 8.5E on the brannock (or so I thought). I ordered the 8.5E and wore them a few times. They felt a little tight but I read that they should "break in". After wearing the shoes a few times and eventually starting a new job in NYC, I thought something was off and my feet began to hurt so I went to an AE store. I asked to be sized and found out that a combination of my wide arches and short toes meant that I should be wearing a 10D. The SA really helped me out (I sent an email to corporate and will forever order through her) and the 10D PAs I have now are the most comfortable dress shoe I have ever owned. If you have the opportunity, I'd recommend going to an AE store to be sized. As for the heels feeling slightly loose, I thought the same but once broken in a lot of that goes away. My SA tells me to fit the ball, not the heel.
I myself also have wide feet but short toes; where I am measured between 8D/8.5D on Brannock,or Printable chart from AE gives me 8E/8.5E.
I have been wearing PA 8E for about year and my pinky toes still feels tight at the end of the day. I am still debating whether I should still get another pair of 8E for next pair of 5th last AE.
but I cannot see how 8.5 -> 10 size helped you better ... it seems very odd for me lol.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The DETAILS AND MICRO ISSUES OF A TRUMP PRESIDENCY Official Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The Film thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...