or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4207  

post #63091 of 70737
I'm thinking on getting a pair of Randolphs from the Shoe Bank as an everyday business casual shoe. Thoughts on chili vs bourbon? I'm thinking that the chili is a much nicer looking color, but I'm concerned about the versatility as a daily shoe.
post #63092 of 70737

^

IMO, Chili is very versatile.  I happen to be wearing my Chili Byrons (my first AE shoes) today.  Fifteen years later and they still look great!

 


Edited by RLeslieS - 8/26/15 at 2:30pm
post #63093 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketheraven View Post



Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?
You can't. Once a toe box is crushed/creased they're toast. Done. Finished. Kaput.
post #63094 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathiel View Post


Here they are, being tried on at the AE store (and these are not representative of the pants or socks I would typically wear them with).


They look great. How is the fit of the last? Looks pretty slim. This seems to be a new shoe and last as there's no additional info on the last page. I just saw a Cornwallis pop up in my size on Shoebank, so now I am very tempted.
post #63095 of 70737
I think that bourbon looks lighter and more casual in person than it does on the website. I still like it, but I wouldn't say it is appreciably more formal than chili.
Quote:
Originally Posted by titojackson View Post

I'm thinking on getting a pair of Randolphs from the Shoe Bank as an everyday business casual shoe. Thoughts on chili vs bourbon? I'm thinking that the chili is a much nicer looking color, but I'm concerned about the versatility as a daily shoe.
post #63096 of 70737
I saw an Allen Edmonds banner ad for a clearance sale on suede belts, so I went to AllenEdmonds.com to buy one bitter chocolate to go with the Fifth Avenues I bought earlier this summer. While I was in the clearance section, I saw that they had added the next two items on my "to-buy" list -- brown longwings (MacNeil 1.0, $197) and sand-colored suede chukkas with a Dainite sole (Gobi, 137). I limited myself to just the longwings (my crepe-soled desert boots will have to last me another season), but I was pleased to see the additions. It's amazing to me what they end up clearing out.
post #63097 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScofieldReturns View Post


Hmm...I definitely pack my trees if it's more than a night or 2.  I mean...they don't take much space since they fit inside your shoe!  Not super heavy too.  2 suits is a ton.  I'm not sure what you need them for, but just a suggestion:  try picking up a suit like this:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/hudson-navy-plain/P4264I.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Hudson

jacket can easily be worn separately as a blazer.  So you can wear the suit then wear the jacket as a blazer with nice gray slacks.  then the pants be worn with a white polo (if it's hot enough).  Bang, 1 suit, 3 outfits.
I'm a lawyer, usually in meetings or depositions which require full suit and if more than 2 consecutive days I am not comfortable wearing the same suit.
post #63098 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post

It's amazing to me what they end up clearing out.

+1. Now that I have a basic shoe rotation, I pretty much sit back and wait for insane clearance sales. I'm not sure if that 'strategy' is really saving me anything as I'll end up buying things that were never really on my acquisition list.
post #63099 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Starting to feel like fall, so...what the hell. BOOT SEASON!!!

Love my Shakers, and chili was definitely the definitive color.

Looking nice and I really like the chilli color ... I did the same and went with dalton today ...
post #63100 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post

Looking nice and I really like the chilli color ... I did the same and went with dalton today ...

Thanks!! I love chili. My favorite AE color. In other news, my doctor recognized my shoes and is a fellow AE enthusiast. I've seen him in black and walnut strands now...
post #63101 of 70737

There is currently a pair of Truffle Shell McGraws in my size on Shoebank. The only other loafer I've tried is the Patriot, which was impossible to get my foot in without going up 2-3 size from my normal size. 

 

Are the McGraws more accommodating of a wide foot (EEE) with a high instep?

 

Thanks. 

post #63102 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScofieldReturns View Post


Hmm...I definitely pack my trees if it's more than a night or 2.  I mean...they don't take much space since they fit inside your shoe!  Not super heavy too.  2 suits is a ton.  I'm not sure what you need them for, but just a suggestion:  try picking up a suit like this:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/hudson-navy-plain/P4264I.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Hudson

jacket can easily be worn separately as a blazer.  So you can wear the suit then wear the jacket as a blazer with nice gray slacks.  then the pants be worn with a white polo (if it's hot enough).  Bang, 1 suit, 3 outfits.
Highly depends on your work and travel itinerary. I am adamant in fitting everything in a carry-on and also like to go for a run and/or hit the gym. So I'm packing gym clothes and trainers as well. No room for trees or another pair of shoes. I agree with getting wearing versatile jacket. But some client/work environments requires a full suit and tie and that does make packing a single suit/jacket more challenging.
post #63103 of 70737

New AE website, it seems. Looks good.

post #63104 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

New AE website, it seems. Looks good.

 

Won't load for me at all.

post #63105 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothmoose View Post

They look great. How is the fit of the last? Looks pretty slim. This seems to be a new shoe and last as there's no additional info on the last page. I just saw a Cornwallis pop up in my size on Shoebank, so now I am very tempted.

It's a new last. Fits a lot like the Franciscan and University. I went down a half size from my regular 8.5 and it fits really well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...