or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4206  

post #63076 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
 

 

80, 120 grit sand paper, 20 mins, and some chili edge dressing. :) Or pay the $40 SMU fee and have a pair built with the edge color that you want! 


I've done this in the past but the chilli edge dressing really comes off easily, this isn't the case on a factory finished edge.

post #63077 of 70737

My first pair of AE - Clifton in Walnut. It's getting a little orange as I polish it but I think they look great for being seconds and over a year after it's first recraft. 

 

post #63078 of 70737

It appears Shoebank has sale pricing right now.  Is this the Labor Day sale pricing or can I expect further discounts?  Thx.

post #63079 of 70737
Anyone have the cornwallis? Do they work with jeans? I'm thinking brown burnished as a good shoe that at I can wear while traveling for work--dark wash jeans and sport coat on the plane and then wear with any number of suits. I only travel with one pair of shone's and currently use my bourbon MacGregors but want to try a balmoral if possible.

If not the cornwallis I am considering the Strand in brown as well. Definitely want something with a toe medallion. Any thoughts would be appreciated. (Note I have the macgregors, dark chili daltons and black Jeffersons so I have enough wingtips for now, and don't particularly like the Park/5th aves).
post #63080 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser123 View Post

Anyone have the cornwallis? Do they work with jeans? I'm thinking brown burnished as a good shoe that at I can wear while traveling for work--dark wash jeans and sport coat on the plane and then wear with any number of suits. I only travel with one pair of shone's and currently use my bourbon MacGregors but want to try a balmoral if possible.

If not the cornwallis I am considering the Strand in brown as well. Definitely want something with a toe medallion. Any thoughts would be appreciated. (Note I have the macgregors, dark chili daltons and black Jeffersons so I have enough wingtips for now, and don't particularly like the Park/5th aves).

As in you've got the same pair of shoes on several days in a row? I'd highly recommend traveling with a second pair so you can rest one pair (with trees of course) each day. It will make a big difference in their longevity.
post #63081 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser123 View Post

Anyone have the cornwallis? Do they work with jeans? I'm thinking brown burnished as a good shoe that at I can wear while traveling for work--dark wash jeans and sport coat on the plane and then wear with any number of suits. I only travel with one pair of shone's and currently use my bourbon MacGregors but want to try a balmoral if possible.

If not the cornwallis I am considering the Strand in brown as well. Definitely want something with a toe medallion. Any thoughts would be appreciated. (Note I have the macgregors, dark chili daltons and black Jeffersons so I have enough wingtips for now, and don't particularly like the Park/5th aves).


I just bought the Cornwallis, in dark brown.  I have to say, these are among the most attractive shoes I've seen from AE.  I love their elegance and simplicity.  I would probably not wear them with jeans, as they feel a bit too formal for that (to me, at least).  But in such cases, I think it really comes down to personal preference (although I've seen others here have strong opinions on when bals are appropriate).

 

Bernie

post #63082 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post


As in you've got the same pair of shoes on several days in a row? I'd highly recommend traveling with a second pair so you can rest one pair (with trees of course) each day. It will make a big difference in their longevity.

 

hmm...when traveling, luggage space is at a minimum...sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do what you gotta do.  the extra space isn't really worth it for the 1 day you'll wear the extra pair (on a 3 day trip).

post #63083 of 70737


Here they are, being tried on at the AE store (and these are not representative of the pants or socks I would typically wear them with).

 

post #63084 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScofieldReturns View Post
 

 

hmm...when traveling, luggage space is at a minimum...sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do what you gotta do.  the extra space isn't really worth it for the 1 day you'll wear the extra pair (on a 3 day trip).


Wearing a shoe for three days straight will have zero effect on their longevity. The idea of a rotation is to avoid wearing the same pair 300 days a year.

post #63085 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 


Wearing a shoe for three days straight will have zero effect on their longevity. The idea of a rotation is to avoid wearing the same pair 300 days a year.

 

yes....i agreed with you.

post #63086 of 70737


Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this?
post #63087 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScofieldReturns View Post

hmm...when traveling, luggage space is at a minimum...sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do what you gotta do.  the extra space isn't really worth it for the 1 day you'll wear the extra pair (on a 3 day trip).

Exactly. And I'm not traveling with trees either. Stuff with newspaper to absorb sweat at night and that's it. Usually go for 3 or 4 days. I use one carry on and it contains two suits, 4 shirts, ties/pocket squares, socks, underwear, toiletries, running shoes (into which I stuff running socks) and workout clothes. Packed in pretty good. No way I'd try and fit two dress shoes.
post #63088 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathiel View Post


Here they are, being tried on at the AE store (and these are not representative of the pants or socks I would typically wear them with).


Very nice. Thanks. Seeing from this angle I agree I wouldn't wear with jeans
post #63089 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser123 View Post


Exactly. And I'm not traveling with trees either. Stuff with newspaper to absorb sweat at night and that's it. Usually go for 3 or 4 days. I use one carry on and it contains two suits, 4 shirts, ties/pocket squares, socks, underwear, toiletries, running shoes (into which I stuff running socks) and workout clothes. Packed in pretty good. No way I'd try and fit two dress shoes.


Hmm...I definitely pack my trees if it's more than a night or 2.  I mean...they don't take much space since they fit inside your shoe!  Not super heavy too.  2 suits is a ton.  I'm not sure what you need them for, but just a suggestion:  try picking up a suit like this:

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/hudson-navy-plain/P4264I.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Contemporary-Hudson

 

jacket can easily be worn separately as a blazer.  So you can wear the suit then wear the jacket as a blazer with nice gray slacks.  then the pants be worn with a white polo (if it's hot enough).  Bang, 1 suit, 3 outfits.


Edited by ScofieldReturns - 8/26/15 at 1:46pm
post #63090 of 70737
Starting to feel like fall, so...what the hell. BOOT SEASON!!!

Love my Shakers, and chili was definitely the definitive color.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...