The soles just come from different batches. I think the newer ones look shinier.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4187post #62791 of 707378/19/15 at 4:21ampost #62792 of 707378/19/15 at 6:37amI hope it's not improper to ask, but has anyone tried out Meermin? With AE prices creeping up so much lately, I've been thinking about it. But would have no idea what size to order. I'm normally 8D in the 65, but have been finding lately it's a little cramped. Might go with 8.5D if I continue to buy AE.post #62793 of 707378/19/15 at 7:43am
Honestly, I would quickly jump on a J. Fitzpatrick on clear out sale right now if anything you like strikes your fancy.
Not much in 7UK left. Black Suede, Black Calf&Suede, Snuff Loafer, Snuff Double monk.
Superior to AE in quality and finishing IMO. Nice last shapes too and they fit pretty similar to AE based on what I tried.post #62794 of 707378/19/15 at 7:50am
Considered another blucher to give my brown Kenilworth's a breather.
I like the Lexington's but I keep reading about the creasing near the toe cap. Is that a reason to avoid?
Would I be better served considering the 6th avenues which look like the Sanfords I was going to get last year but failed to pull the trigger?
I would appreciate any input on the lex toe cap issue and recommendations for my chino+button down uniform.
thanks in advance.post #62795 of 707378/19/15 at 8:10ampost #62796 of 707378/19/15 at 9:29ampost #62797 of 707378/19/15 at 10:31amQuote:Originally Posted by althanis
I hope it's not improper to ask, but has anyone tried out Meermin? With AE prices creeping up so much lately, I've been thinking about it. But would have no idea what size to order. I'm normally 8D in the 65, but have been finding lately it's a little cramped. Might go with 8.5D if I continue to buy AE.
I have a pair. I can't say I like them nearly as much. The leather is super stiff and the shoe was pretty painful at first (now it's "tolerable"). The sole feels harder to me and I have to be careful not to slip with them all the time. Part of that, I believe, is because the nails in the heel weren't nailed far enough in so that when I step, I'm just stepping on the heads of the nails instead of the leather.post #62798 of 707378/19/15 at 11:29ampost #62799 of 707378/19/15 at 11:39ampost #62800 of 707378/19/15 at 11:40ampost #62801 of 707378/19/15 at 11:41ampost #62802 of 707378/19/15 at 11:45amQuote:
Pictures on the website aren't always accurate. I've never seen a Vernon with anything but the dovetail heel. It is possible it could have changed though, seeing that the Vernon isn't in our store anymore.post #62803 of 707378/19/15 at 12:43pmpost #62804 of 707378/19/15 at 12:56pmpost #62805 of 707378/19/15 at 1:05pmQuote:
I love AE and Carmina is definitely more of hassle to purchase because they aren't in the US, but Carmina is clearly in a different league in regards to quality. Carmina is also raising prices soon, putting them around $450-500 I believe.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green GALWAY (10.5UK) 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart denim 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...