Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4186post #62776 of 707378/18/15 at 7:33ampost #62777 of 707378/18/15 at 8:30ampost #62778 of 707378/18/15 at 9:19ampost #62779 of 707378/18/15 at 9:46ampost #62780 of 707378/18/15 at 10:53amQuote:
Thanks! I thought so too .... I figured I could dress them up or down and have some options. I think they'd go equally well with a pair of jeans as they would with slacks and a sports coat.post #62781 of 707378/18/15 at 12:14pmpost #62782 of 707378/18/15 at 3:18pmX-post from the GMTO thread. I have had a really good shoe month and the cherry on top was finally being able to get these to shine the way I prefer. They were a GMTO from back in December and quite a few of us had issues. AE service was great and they cleaned them up but the finish remained below expectations. I wore the shoes a few times because I really love the style but constantly found myself reaching for something else primarily because of the finish. Well, that won't be an issue anymore......
All it took was a little AE cordovan creme and some elbow grease. Sometimes the answer is too obvious.post #62783 of 707378/18/15 at 4:35pmpost #62784 of 707378/18/15 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shawnc
X-post from the GMTO thread. I have had a really good shoe month and the cherry on top was finally being able to get these to shine the way I prefer. They were a GMTO from back in December and quite a few of us had issues. AE service was great and they cleaned them up but the finish remained below expectations. I wore the shoes a few times because I really love the style but constantly found myself reaching for something else primarily because of the finish. Well, that won't be an issue anymore......
All it took was a little AE cordovan creme and some elbow grease. Sometimes the answer is too obvious.
Any before pictures?post #62785 of 707378/18/15 at 4:55pm
Thanks. I really didn't have to work that hard. I was half way through brushing the first shoe and I knew I had a winner.
If you check the AE GMTO thread, my post has the before. See if this link works -http://www.styleforum.net/t/430824/allen-edmonds-gmto-burgundy-shell-cordovan-strand/15post #62786 of 707378/18/15 at 5:57pmQuote:
Sounds kind of fishy to me - if you said the McAllister fit different than any of the others I guess I could see that, but the Strand and the Park Ave/Fifth Ave, that's a little weird. If they are available to you, I would compare more pairs of the same size you are used to against the half size down in length / up a width deal to make absolutely sure you're happy with how they are.
Wanted to throw this out there as a suggestion - I found that going up a half size in length and down a width (or even a full size in length, down two widths) worked ok too with the 65. You might give that a try (?)post #62787 of 707378/19/15 at 1:24amQuote:
So sorry to hear that. (Have been on a travel work assignment so just getting back to you) :( When last I checked, there were Schautals about at most of the NYC Burlingtons. Now that I'm back, I breezed through a few today to look at what was what and THEY'RE ALL GONE save for a pair of 10D ones at the 6th Avenue store. No laces either!
They were originally at $139.00, then came down to $99.00 and the last price I'd seen them for was $69.00 as the pairs were just saying there, so they cut the price. I asked to speak to the Shoe Section Associate at Atlantic Center and asked about the Schautals (I didn't call them that, I called 'em the “heavy rust-colored wingtips with the black soles). First off, she says “Oh, you're the 'shoe' guy?” “Hmm? Come again?” “You're the guy that always picks out the great shoes.” I'd had a conversation with one of the cashiers when she noted how nice the Jodoxes I'd nabbed there looked and she complained about her fiancee's shoe choices. I asked her what size he wore and took her back to the shoe area and showed her a nice pair of Blue Suede McGregors still sitting there. Apparently, this was remembered and my shoe choices/finds became a topic of discussion.
Anyways, the Associate told me that the Schautals had been there for just over three months, and 90 days is their limit. They and I quote “tossed 'em in a bin with the other 'lead stock' (a term I'd never heard before, but sounded pretty apt for items that don't move) shoes and 'excessed] them.” I asked what excessed meant, and she said “either dumped to a secondary outlet or sent to a BCF where that style was moving”. As I didn't see them at 6th Avenue or Union Square, I'm assuming they've been sold at cost to someplace like T.J. Maxx (A “secondary outlet” for reals). The only other BCFs in town are the Harlem store—which gets NO AEs, The Queens Center Store which normally has very few, the Gateway Mall store, which I've never been to as it's out on the Rockaways faaaarrrrrr away from me, and lastly the Bronx terminal market store—which I have not been to in about three weeks and HAVE found some awesome stuff at, but was turning over their inventory in a major way when I was last there.
They'd been there since March as you'll see in my screen grabs where I've mentioned them. Where they are now...I have no idea. I am truly sorry you missed 'em. If I spot a pair in 13 I'll have 'em put aside for you and let you know...post #62788 of 707378/19/15 at 1:41ampost #62789 of 707378/19/15 at 4:03ampost #62790 of 707378/19/15 at 4:12am
On the right are my new McAllisters, on the left are my year old Vernons. Two questions:
One, why would my Vernons have quarter heels instead of full rubber. I thought the quarter heels were reserved for higher end shoes like cordovan or The Independence collection? I bought both on eBay as "no warranty," might the Vernons have been MTO?
Two, the soles on the McAllisters look to be tanned or even painted. There is nothing wrong, just curious why the difference?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 40 seconds ago
- › FS: Gorgeous Brand New Sartorio by Kiton Sportcoat 50 EU/ 40 US. ... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Brunello Cucinelli 40 R / 50 EU Mohair Cashmere Wool Dark... 2 minutes ago
- › FS Ernest Alexander Thompson Waxed Tote Excellent 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Percival made by G&G size 10D 2 minutes ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones Chelsea 5 Boots Walnut 10D US $640 2 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 2 minutes ago
- › Size 40S --- Only 1 Left! █ DROP MAR 26 █ NWT Canali Kei... 2 minutes ago
- › New Alden Black Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher 7 C/E Aberdeen last 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Swansea. 10UK. 2 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...