or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4178  

post #62656 of 70737
@traditional AE - thanks for your response. Was wondering about the variation between older and newer styles in the same last.

I also wanted to take a minute to apologize if I came off as rude in any of my previous responses. I have experienced a lot of frustration in general with AE in terms of things not working ( fit-wise) and stores not carrying and/or refusing to bring in other sizes. I was told that only the 65 last worked for me and that nothing else could possibly work out, and also that I wasn't "cut out for loafers". Needless to say I was pretty hell bent on proving this wrong, and in the process have tried on more stuff than most people could possibly imagine. I will never claim to be an expert, but am definitely able to provide info where i had experience. Sometimes i get a little carried away with the whole Neo "the one" thing but in real life I'm not like that at all, I'm just joking around (although i have been told i look like him a little). So hope we're good-
post #62657 of 70737


I'm gonna sell these, I guess they don't work with jeans sadly.
post #62658 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterellington View Post


They have a pair of 13D Schautals here in NYC at the BCF in Downtown Brooklyn I think for $69.00. I'll check later today...

Well they weren't there today :-( I braved the zoo, made the trek, and was sorely disappointed.
post #62659 of 70737

Anyone else disappointed AE doesn't make the Delray or Lasalle in Walnut?

post #62660 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Anyone else disappointed AE doesn't make the Delray or Lasalle in Walnut?

-----------------------

 

Well, I'd like to see the Delray in Walnut but the old Chili is close enough for me.  I would REALLY love to see it in Burgundy or Oxblood, though.  Not a fan of the Lasalle, myself.  It would be nice if AE would bring back the Bradley in calfskin colors -- seems like an NST is a pretty basic style.

post #62661 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercekrypton View Post



I'm gonna sell these, I guess they don't work with jeans sadly.

Want a similar look for denim?  Brown (Nubuck) Strandmoks w/red Danite sole...easily my favourite pair of AE's owned

post #62662 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLeslieS View Post
 

-----------------------

 

Well, I'd like to see the Delray in Walnut but the old Chili is close enough for me.  I would REALLY love to see it in Burgundy or Oxblood, though.  Not a fan of the Lasalle, myself.  It would be nice if AE would bring back the Bradley in calfskin colors -- seems like an NST is a pretty basic style.

 

I have Delrays in old chili and really like it . . . but there's just something about walnut that really appeals to me.

post #62663 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


Well they weren't there today :-( I braved the zoo, made the trek, and was sorely disappointed.

I work in downtown Brooklyn. What is the BCF?

post #62664 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post
 

I work in downtown Brooklyn. What is the BCF?

 

Burlington Coat Factory. You can get some steals on some AE shoes if you're patient and lucky. 

post #62665 of 70737

While this is completely off topic, has anyone had experience with the Maine Rancourt and Company? I like their styles even though I have to wait 4 weeks for every shoe I've wanted. I wanted to know if there was a general consensus on them before I went any farther. Just don't want to pay for something that isn't as proven as something like AE. 

post #62666 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEAddict View Post
 

Greetings gentlemen. I'm a newb to the SF and the AE world. Just wanted to introduce myself as I've been perusing this great forum and I appreciate the knowledgeable people and info. So I owned ZERO AE shoes 3 months ago and now I'm the proud owner of 11 (sorry, only 7 pairs pictured). Yeah, I went nuts but its a healthy mixed of first and seconds and also used pairs from ebay. I'll post a few pics of what I'm working with. Looking forward to interacting with you freaks!!!

 

Back Row L to R :

Park Avenues - Black

Cliftons - Walnut

Mcallister - Merlot

Strands - Walnut

 

Front Row:

Westgate - Black

Austin - Chilli? (I believe these used to be walnut and were burnished.)

Vintage Leeds - Burgundy

 

When your screen name said AEAddict you certainly weren't kidding. Lol good start though, I dig what you have. Do you have any loafers?

post #62667 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMR16 View Post
 

While this is completely off topic, has anyone had experience with the Maine Rancourt and Company? I like their styles even though I have to wait 4 weeks for every shoe I've wanted. I wanted to know if there was a general consensus on them before I went any farther. Just don't want to pay for something that isn't as proven as something like AE. 

Solid shoemaker. Stronger in the loafer and boat shoe dept, though. They also have an Appreciation thread that you should check out.

post #62668 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMR16 View Post

While this is completely off topic, has anyone had experience with the Maine Rancourt and Company? I like their styles even though I have to wait 4 weeks for every shoe I've wanted. I wanted to know if there was a general consensus on them before I went any farther. Just don't want to pay for something that isn't as proven as something like AE. 

Great American heritage shoe brand. Still made in the USA. They use Blake rapid construction on all loafers, boots, and dress shoes. They use Horween cordovan (natural, black, and color 8) and CXL.

I haven't tried them yet, since their EE width is only offered MTO, and I'm worried it might not be wide enough for me.

Also, the owners are doing an AMA on the Goodyear Welt Subreddit.
post #62669 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMR16 View Post
 

While this is completely off topic, has anyone had experience with the Maine Rancourt and Company? I like their styles even though I have to wait 4 weeks for every shoe I've wanted. I wanted to know if there was a general consensus on them before I went any farther. Just don't want to pay for something that isn't as proven as something like AE. 

Solid company - makes some nice stuff with a great custom program - I have a pair on order

post #62670 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@traditional AE - thanks for your response. Was wondering about the variation between older and newer styles in the same last.

I also wanted to take a minute to apologize if I came off as rude in any of my previous responses. I have experienced a lot of frustration in general with AE in terms of things not working ( fit-wise) and stores not carrying and/or refusing to bring in other sizes. I was told that only the 65 last worked for me and that nothing else could possibly work out, and also that I wasn't "cut out for loafers". Needless to say I was pretty hell bent on proving this wrong, and in the process have tried on more stuff than most people could possibly imagine. I will never claim to be an expert, but am definitely able to provide info where i had experience. Sometimes i get a little carried away with the whole Neo "the one" thing but in real life I'm not like that at all, I'm just joking around (although i have been told i look like him a little). So hope we're good-

Neo

Never saw a post that seemed anything but completely professional so I cannot imagine any need to apologize. As to the question about lasts, I am a poor one to ask due to my not being particularly focused on the technical aspects of the shoes. Even though I have a "herd" of AE's, I really have never taken the time to educate myself on the various lasts that they are built upon. My love affair with the shoe has more to do with the impact it has had on my professional life. I made it up the ladder to a reasonably satisfying spot, without any remarkable talents, and my shoes/attire always seemed to get the attention of the higher ups and left them with a favorable impression of me. Certainly it wasn't all window dressing, but I am convinced it had an impact. So I kept diversifying the types of shoes, almost exclusively with AE's. If I am near my closet I can always try on a shoe, estimate the general age, and provide some feedback on fit. I don't have any true casual AE's, but have a variety of boots, bluchers, dressier loafers, and balmorals. Today I am traveling with the WARWICK and a pair of McAllisters that were a bourbon that I shaded more cognac with various polishes. Enjoy the day.

BTW.....must be great to look like Neo; At my age I have been compared to a twin for uncle Fester from the Adams Family.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...