or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4163  

post #62431 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGY1atTMW View Post


Wax on, wax off?  nod%5B1%5D.gif

LOL. I bet Pat Morita could put a hell of a shine on a shoe.
post #62432 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterellington View Post
 


People who use heal instead of heel ARE heels! They're their own worst enemas. Lets start a petition hear on the forum that let's senior users delete massages that have those kinds of misteaks in them. Bad grammar effects the sights integrity! :(


I see what you did there. that's funny.

post #62433 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by round View Post
 

Also picked mine up at BCF for $99.00 lmfao


Frugal minds spend alike. :)

post #62434 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


Don't be a Haighter.


Aaaaaah, kiss my Ashbury!

post #62435 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi1 View Post

Any pics of the Lexington in the wild?

As above, I'm inclined to wear derbies with suit and the Lexington seems a perfect pair, theoretically. Unfortunately, AES stock photos are the wrong side of butt ugly (maybe that's a bit harsh but they aren't exactly fetching photos). I assume the fault is with AEs photographer, as usual, as opposed to their design department?
Not stock but a Lexington MTO
8ce912e8e1c1521ac2cbf8d4931c8d20.jpg
I did want a more casual derby thus I decided to add the eyelets and also use a grain leather. The stock versions I think are formal enough for suits but the open lacing makes them perfect for trousers/jacket.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #62436 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Not stock but a Lexington MTO
8ce912e8e1c1521ac2cbf8d4931c8d20.jpg
I did want a more casual derby thus I decided to add the eyelets and also use a grain leather. The stock versions I think are formal enough for suits but the open lacing makes them perfect for trousers/jacket.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The chocolate piping is pretty exquisite too. Great choice on the raw eyelets there. 

post #62437 of 70737
For those of you curious about the Cornwallis, first day on the feet!

d6319f39ae49b519fe86633238279c3f.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
post #62438 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post

For those of you curious about the Cornwallis, first day on the feet! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
d6319f39ae49b519fe86633238279c3f.jpg
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Looks great. What last is it on?
post #62439 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Looks great. What last is it on?

 

its on the new 1943 last. I went up a half size from what I've taken in the 5 last, and I have to say it may be the best fitting shoe that I own.

post #62440 of 70737

looks great @garland is it a new leather or the standard? I know they have been introducing new leathers so was curious..Also do you know what the leather is on the new Normandy boot that is at Nordstrom? looks like a waxed flesh leather but can not tell from pics

post #62441 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

looks great @garland is it a new leather or the standard? I know they have been introducing new leathers so was curious..Also do you know what the leather is on the new Normandy boot that is at Nordstrom? looks like a waxed flesh leather but can not tell from pics

 

As far as I know the Cornwallis is using the traditional premium polished calf that is used on the park ave, etc. The normandy boot is actually made with Kudu leather.

post #62442 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

looks great @garland is it a new leather or the standard? I know they have been introducing new leathers so was curious..Also do you know what the leather is on the new Normandy boot that is at Nordstrom? looks like a waxed flesh leather but can not tell from pics

 

As far as I know the Cornwallis is using the traditional premium polished calf that is used on the park ave, etc. The normandy boot is actually made with Kudu leather.

 

Interesting...did they do distressing to the Kudu at the AE plant? I have seen Kudu and it normally does not have that wrinkling. I am not typically a fan of the heel cup stitching as a faux element with the strap running down. Very Wolverine Mclean like...I almost jumped on a pair of American Tan Bison wolverine boots for a great price as that leather is beautiful but the heel stitching was a bit odd for me. I can over look that heel on the AE model for an MTO down the road. Is AE making any more Wolverine Boots?

post #62443 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

Interesting...did they do distressing to the Kudu at the AE plant? I have seen Kudu and it normally does not have that wrinkling. I am not typically a fan of the heel cup stitching as a faux element with the strap running down. Very Wolverine Mclean like...I almost jumped on a pair of American Tan Bison wolverine boots for a great price as that leather is beautiful but the heel stitching was a bit odd for me. I can over look that heel on the AE model for an MTO down the road. Is AE making any more Wolverine Boots?

 

I do believe that the leather is being distressed at the factory. The foxing stitch is subtle enough that I don't mind it. I'm not sure what the status of the wolverine/AE relationship is these days. If wolverine were to come out with another cordovan 1000 mile, I would imagine that AE would be building it? Doesn't look like they've offered one for a bit though.

post #62444 of 70737

Despite wearing high quality shoes (other than athletic shoes or the occasional Puma kicks, I wear AE pretty much exclusively), having a proper rotation (~20 pair of AEs), and knowing I have a proper fit (fitted at multiple AE stores)...  I have been dealing with some major foot pain. No fun, especially for someone in their 30's!!

 

After a visit to the podiatrist, it looks like the issue is larger than my just my feet - but, as a first step, I am now trying out some inserts with major arch support, with plans to transition to custom orthotics. Problem is, these inserts make most of my shoes too snug. Luckily, I have a few pair that either accommodate for an insert or are wide enough that my feet aren't cramped. Hopefully this changes as I shift to a smaller, shorter orthotic.

 

I am not crazy about the Road Warriors collection, but have limited options right now. Picked up the MKE and wore them for the first time today. This passing conversation with a colleague summed it up nicely:

Him: "Did you get another new pair of shoes?"

Me: "Yes, what do you think? As you can tell, I am obsessed with the dark chili color right now."

Him: "Those aren't your normal brand right? I mean normally I glance at your shoes and know they are super nice and expensive. Don't get me wrong, those look nice - but like something I might wear."

 

Guess that sums up my feelings too...

 

post #62445 of 70737

@middlepP

 

I have not seen the road warrior collection in person however the one you are wearing is my least favorite from looking at the pictures and really it is for the reason you hilighted - it looks like a cheap slip on/loafer/swimmee combo.

 

Sorry to hear about you foot issues and I hope the bigger issues leading to the ortho's will get resolved. Having just lost a chunk of weight and having a bunch boots and shoes  no longer fit correctly ...I can feel your pain in that department.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...