or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4160  

post #62386 of 70737

With all the talk about wool socks, here is a thumbs down review of the Tretorn no show socks. I was excited because these are majority merino wool. They also had the rubber nipples that should prevent socks from coming off. However, they still slid down. Can't recommend them. Here's a link for reference:

 

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tretorn-merino-wool-blend-no-show-socks/3832971

post #62387 of 70737

I wear SmartWool Diamond Jim socks all year round. They're fantastic. Keep your feet cool in summer and warm in winter. Wool is a wonderful fabric. 

post #62388 of 70737
DarnTough best socks made. Buy 1 pair you'll never buy anything else . Word
post #62389 of 70737

DarnTough is amazing, but they don't offer true dress socks. Even their so-called dress socks are not formal since there's generally two color tones: a darker heel area than the rest of the sock - similar to athletic socks.  

 

Also I find that, I would need to increase my shoe size by .5 to compensate for DT's thickness as compared to Pantherella dress socks. 

post #62390 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Also, you'll want to apply minimal polish at flex points, as that's where it's most likely to flake or pop off. Focus on conditioner and cream at those spots.
the stuff,im using has a sponge applicator and you squeeze it out. Is that cream or cream polish?
post #62391 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercekrypton View Post

the stuff,im using has a sponge applicator and you squeeze it out. Is that cream or cream polish?

Yes. As opposed to wax in the round tins.
post #62392 of 70737

Randolph's in the field

 

post #62393 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 

Randolph's in the field

 

Is that burgundy?

 

they are beautiful.

 

can't wait for the randolph 2.0s to come.

post #62394 of 70737

Being a relative newby to AE I have not been around long enough to know previously released styles. But one of my current favorites is the Shreveport, with its woven sides. I was therefore really intrigued to find the Winhall style on Ebay. I'm not really sure of its reputation on SF, but I really liked it. Sure, it would have been great to find a new pair in chili or other color, but my new pair in black makes me wonder why it is still not around. I think it makes a nice break from all of the brogue holes in all my other shoes, including the Shreveport.

 

post #62395 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Being a relative newby to AE I have not been around long enough to know previously released styles. But one of my current favorites is the Shreveport, with its woven sides. I was therefore really intrigued to find the Winhall style on Ebay. I'm not really sure of its reputation on SF, but I really liked it. Sure, it would have been great to find a new pair in chili or other color, but my new pair in black makes me wonder why it is still not around. I think it makes a nice break from all of the brogue holes in all my other shoes, including the Shreveport.

 


I like em. I would like em more if it were only the toe and heal that were solid, but beautiful and different nevertheless.

post #62396 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthActuary View Post
 

Is that burgundy?

 

they are beautiful.

 

can't wait for the randolph 2.0s to come.

They are indeed.  They came off as too red when they were new, but have mellowed nicely.  The Randolph is a nice loafer shape IMO, sleek enough for a flannels, jacket and tie, yet still appropriate with chinos or denim.

post #62397 of 70737
Have to post these beauties. It's not often I find Allen Edmonds in as good shape as these. This is why I love shell. Recrafted (and worn maybe once after that) and look at how great those uppers look. Sadly not even close to my size (these are a 12 D). frown.gif



post #62398 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmusic1 View Post


I like em. I would like em more if it were only the toe and heal that were solid, but beautiful and different nevertheless.

You are describing the Shreveport. Derby style, as opposed to the balmoral of the Winhall, but I really like both.
post #62399 of 70737

I like the shreveport too, but its a brogue and a blucher. That's a bigger difference between what I described and the Shreveport than there is between the FA and PA. Being in the deep South and still wearing a dark suit on many Sundays, I would love to have a woven balmoral in black without all the holes. The Winhall would work, but I would prefer what I described. I will, however, be keeping an eye out for the Winhall in my size on eBay. 

post #62400 of 70737

I'm a 12D :)

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Have to post these beauties. It's not often I find Allen Edmonds in as good shape as these. This is why I love shell. Recrafted (and worn maybe once after that) and look at how great those uppers look. Sadly not even close to my size (these are a 12 D). frown.gif



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...