or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4152  

post #62266 of 70737
It's so hard for me to get past the fact that calfskin dress belts WILL crease. Sigh...

What is considered "success" in terms of AE calfskin dress belt longevity?
post #62267 of 70737
I know this is gonna make me seem like an asshole, but really?? Has the race to the bottom intersect of perfection and lowest possible price point really come to complaining about a mark on the sole of a boot? Isn't the sole the part of the shoe that is going to get filthy and torn up from being dragged and stomped all over the ground? We're not talking about the hand-painted and waxed sole's on a 1300$ pair of St. Crispins here. This is Allem Edmonds' flagship dress boot at $130 off of MSRP. How much perfection do we expect for under $300?

The creases are in perfectly reasonable places, and will be grossly overshadowed by other creases as you walk.

"Fluff" on the shoe is likely from inside of flannel shoe bags.

Those boots look fantastic, Id say you got a great pair. Don't stress.
post #62268 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFett View Post

New Rush St's first day out... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




 

Very nice! I got a pair in last week too and they're among my favorites already.

post #62269 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I know this is gonna make me seem like an asshole, but really?? Has the race to the bottom intersect of perfection and lowest possible price point really come to complaining about a mark on the sole of a boot? Isn't the sole the part of the shoe that is going to get filthy and torn up from being dragged and stomped all over the ground? We're not talking about the hand-painted and waxed sole's on a 1300$ pair of St. Crispins here. This is Allem Edmonds' flagship dress boot at $130 off of MSRP. How much perfection do we expect for under $300?

The creases are in perfectly reasonable places, and will be grossly overshadowed by other creases as you walk.

"Fluff" on the shoe is likely from inside of flannel shoe bags.

Those boots look fantastic, Id say you got a great pair. Don't stress.

But what about all those holes in the shoes? Is that normal?
post #62270 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


Just a clarification - factory seconds shoes will incur the restocking fee if returned to a first quality concept store. Factory seconds returned in person to an Outlet Store will still not incur the restocking fee.

 

That is correct. 

post #62271 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshed View Post

Just received these from the Nordstrom sale and they seem to have some blemishes on them discoloration, creasing and even some fluff type material around the sole. I have a number of other AE firsts and seconds and this isnt something I've seen even with the seconds. Thoughts on whether I am being overcritical or whether they should go back.

Thanks
Ed
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) ]

On the interweb, people have different expectation, perspective, and tolerance like everyone has unique finger prints.

One man's junk is another man's treasure. So at the end of the day, if it bothers you, you should return them.

I won't tell you what I think of them because I want you to learn to make decisions for yourself. smile.gif
Edited by bellyhungry - 7/28/15 at 10:21am
post #62272 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthActuary View Post

It's so hard for me to get past the fact that calfskin dress belts WILL crease

What is considered "success" in terms of AE calfskin dress belt longevity?

The Wide Basic loses its finish it seems, although mine aren't overly creased. I'm planning on using polish to patch the finish when it gets too bad. I do think it is a let down. I love the belt otherwise. The Manistee seems like it will hold up just fine. I'm looking to pick up a black belt soon and decided against the wide basic partly because of this.
post #62273 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshed View Post

Just received these from the Nordstrom sale and they seem to have some blemishes on them discoloration, creasing and even some fluff type material around the sole. I have a number of other AE firsts and seconds and this isnt something I've seen even with the seconds. Thoughts on whether I am being overcritical or whether they should go back.

Thanks
Ed

image.jpg 1163k .jpg file

image.jpg 1624k .jpg file

image.jpg 1667k .jpg file

image.jpg 1240k .jpg file

 

Those look really good actually

post #62274 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

But what about all those holes in the shoes? Is that normal?

I LOLed.
post #62275 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

But what about all those holes in the shoes? Is that normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

I LOLed.

I remember reading on their website that returns for this reason lead to the development of the Carlyle.
post #62276 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dynamite View Post


I remember reading on their website that returns for this reason lead to the development of the Carlyle.
... so what led to the development of the Rogue?
post #62277 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


... so what led to the development of the Rogue?

People saw the Carlyle and said "What happened to the holes?" Paul got fed up and said: "Make a shoe with some big F'n holes!"

post #62278 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


... so what led to the development of the Rogue?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post
 

People saw the Carlyle and said "What happened to the holes?" Paul got fed up and said: "Make a shoe with some big F'n holes!"

 

Shoes make for a vicious, vicious cycle.

post #62279 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshed View Post

Just received these from the Nordstrom sale and they seem to have some blemishes on them discoloration, creasing and even some fluff type material around the sole. I have a number of other AE firsts and seconds and this isnt something I've seen even with the seconds. Thoughts on whether I am being overcritical or whether they should go back.

Thanks
Ed

image.jpg 1163k .jpg file

image.jpg 1624k .jpg file

image.jpg 1667k .jpg file

image.jpg 1240k .jpg file


Everytime I see these jpg posts, I never open them. I think there's viruses in there. Even though I'm shoe nut and all...

post #62280 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 


Everytime I see these jpg posts, I never open them. I think there's viruses in there. Even though I'm shoe nut and all...


There is a special level in hell reserved for someone who would embed a virus in the picture of a fine leather shoe. It's in the bible; look it up.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...