or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4148  

post #62206 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

As always, thanks a bunch for all the feedback, Watch!

In terms of the Walnut, I agree 100%. I'll mix it in from time to time, but intend to use mostly neutral and bourbon.

Yup, the pants are slightly long. They are usually rolled up once, but I wasn't happy with the look. In my defense, this was while getting ready and I had yet to put on a bet, tuck in shirt, etc.

You're welcome! Black, navy and/or brown also works on walnut if you're into the patina'd look. Otherwise agree that neutral and occasional walnut works best to maintain color.
post #62207 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


You're welcome! Black, navy and/or brown also works on walnut if you're into the patina'd look. Otherwise agree that neutral and occasional walnut works best to maintain color.

 

If you can get your hands on some of the old AE Cognac premium polish, it's much closer to the actual Walnut color than the Walnut polish is.  I have two tubes/bottles of it.

 

The stuff is amazing. Wish they still sold it on their website.

post #62208 of 70737

Picked up a couple belts from the Shoebank during the recent big clearance event. They only had sizes larger than what I normally take, but that's an easy fix. Fortunately, the cosmetic defects were on the parts that got chopped off. After a trip to the cobbler, $65 for a Manistee isn't bad at all.

post #62209 of 70737
A quick PSA of sorts. I have a pair of walnut Dalton seconds in 8.5E. The only flaw I see are some minor imperfections in the leather on the upper part of the boot. Nothing that won't blend in with wear and polish. Unfortunately for me it's not quite the right fit as there is definite heel slip. I plan to return them but thought I'd put a notice here first as I snagged these on sale ($225). PM me if you missed the sale and 'need' a pair.
post #62210 of 70737

Finally arrived - was waiting on these due to a shipping snafu.

 

Cambridge in Burgundy shell, from the Shoe Bank Memorial Day sale. I can't find any flaws except for two brogue holes that are joined together on the edge of the medallion of one shoe. Very pleased with these, especially for $349 ($399 sale - $50 Amex promo).

 

 

post #62211 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

Finally arrived - was waiting on these due to a shipping snafu.

 

Cambridge in Burgundy shell, from the Shoe Bank Memorial Day sale. I can't find any flaws except for two brogue holes that are joined together on the edge of the medallion of one shoe. Very pleased with these, especially for $349 ($399 sale - $50 Amex promo).

 

 

Looks good. Congrats :fonz:

post #62212 of 70737

@JSO1 that's an amazing shoe..congrats ..

post #62213 of 70737

 

First pair of Allen Edmonds

post #62214 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by round View Post
 

 

First pair of Allen Edmonds

Give those babies a good brushin, conditioning, polishin, and shine!

post #62215 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthActuary View Post
 

Give those babies a good brushin, conditioning, polishin, and shine!

 

I still gotta buy all that stuff lmfao

post #62216 of 70737

Anybody know what the name of the color these park avenues are in? Are they cordovan?Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

.Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Just bought them on eBay but cant find anything about them online. 

post #62217 of 70737

Yes, those Park Avenues are Burgundy Shell Cordovan. It says it right on the sole (Horween Genuine Shell Cordovan).

post #62218 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedioch View Post
 

Anybody know what the name of the color these park avenues are in? Are they cordovan?

 

.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Just bought them on eBay but cant find anything about them online. 

 

Im gonna get those next, I love the color.

post #62219 of 70737

hmm. Thats what I thought but it just looked much lighter and more red than the normal color #8. Thanks!

post #62220 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedioch View Post

hmm. Thats what I thought but it just looked much lighter and more red than the normal color #8. Thanks!

The ones in my avatar are similarly light. Almost like color 2. I think that just weren't finishing their she as dark a few years ago. Now they're waaay dark (see the Cambride a few posts back.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...