or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4137  

post #62041 of 70737

Scenario: Job interview. Charcoal suit, white shirt, blue tie. Which shoes would you wear? 

 

Listed L to R:

 

#8 Shell PAs, Brown calf Strand, Black Alden 909, Black calf PA

post #62042 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

Scenario: Job interview. Charcoal suit, white shirt, blue tie. Which shoes would you wear? 

 

Listed L to R:

 

#8 Shell PAs, Brown calf Strand, Black Alden 909, Black calf PA

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Depending on your industry (from conservative industry to casual): Black calf PA, Alden or #8 PA (toss up, but I tend to think the Aldens will actually be more formal looking to an average interviewer despite the broguing), and then strands. 

 

All of the shoes will go with the outfit you described.

post #62043 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

Scenario: Job interview. Charcoal suit, white shirt, blue tie. Which shoes would you wear?

 

Listed L to R:

 

#8 Shell PAs, Brown calf Strand, Black Alden 909, Black calf PA

Black calf PA, Shell PA, black alden, brown strand.....in that order.

post #62044 of 70737

I prefer not to wear shoes with brogueing for interviews unless it's just on the cap toe.

post #62045 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post

Scenario: Job interview. Charcoal suit, white shirt, blue tie. Which shoes would you wear? 

Listed L to R:

#8 Shell PAs, Brown calf Strand, Black Alden 909, Black calf PA


I think I'd stick with black calf for the interview. Burgundy shell is great with charcoal but may be on the flashy side for this particular occasion.
post #62046 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

 

Depending on your industry (from conservative industry to casual): Black calf PA, Alden or #8 PA (toss up, but I tend to think the Aldens will actually be more formal looking to an average interviewer despite the broguing), and then strands. 

 

All of the shoes will go with the outfit you described.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

Black calf PA, Shell PA, black alden, brown strand.....in that order.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

I prefer not to wear shoes with brogueing for interviews unless it's just on the cap toe.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I think I'd stick with black calf for the interview. Burgundy shell is great with charcoal but may be on the flashy side for this particular occasion.


Thanks, gents. I was leaning toward the black PAs, and you affirm that decision. Knowing I made the right decision can only help my confidence.

post #62047 of 70737

It was a nice day and time to break out the Shreveports and I'm including the picture since they do not seem to get much mention on the forum. They are absolutely the best fitting and comfortable AE shoe I own.

 

post #62048 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Didn't I hear that Saddleback makes their goods in Mexico?  That would probably be a deal-breaker for me personally.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/#built-in-usa

 

Built in Texas as far as I know.  In any event, if it was made in Mexico, or wherever, it's still a high quality product as far as I'm concerned.

Their stuff has historically been built in Mexico but they recently started producing some small scale items in Texas. It seems their intent is to scale the TX ops eventually but who knows how long that will take. Either way, all their bags are still made in Mexico for now. I am not bothered by it at all though personally. I own the classic briefcase and the thing is a tank. I've used it M-F for the last 3+ years and it's just starting to break in. I have no doubts it will last longer than I will. The AE bag is definitely more professional looking but the SB bag does just fine for me.

post #62049 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/#built-in-usa

Built in Texas as far as I know.  In any event, if it was made in Mexico, or wherever, it's still a high quality product as far as I'm concerned.

I think management/customer service is some Dallas suburb like Carrolton, etc but the tanneries and factories they use have always been in Mexico.

I have had 3-4 pieces from SB, including the original case in XL (Chestnut) and am totally sold on the build quality. Still, it isn't everyone's cup of tequila. They are built like a tank but about as heavy. Just like my Macneils.
post #62050 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Wow that mac2 is friggin awesome...the slightly more tapered last keeps it from looking clownish. Would love to see some side shots. AE really fumbled by eliminating the piping.

Pardon the crappy pics....(Click to enlarge.)


Edited by bellyhungry - 7/21/15 at 2:18pm
post #62051 of 70737
Breaking out MacNeil 2
post #62052 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post


Pardon the crappy pics....(Click to enlarge.)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post

Breaking out MacNeil 2 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Lookin' good, the both of you. MacNeil 2 is awesome. Agree that it needs the piping, and I still prefer the aesthetic and shape of the Barrie last to the 97 last.

post #62053 of 70737

Truffle McAllisters today, these are seriously stunning and I need to get them in the rotation more often.

 

post #62054 of 70737

I recently stumbled across the Sea Island loafers on AE's website.  Can anyone comment on how the fit is and how they put them in play within a business casual work or social environment?  I don't currently own any suede shoes so am pondering this one a bit.   Thanks!

post #62055 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Burgundy pebble grain? This I must see, any pictures? Damn, I might have to start making the trip down more often just to haunt the Burlington Coat Factory (although I might give the Bronx one a miss...).


Let me amend that—it's a very loose grained burgundy. It looks almost pebbly in certain light but it has nice, light horizontal creasing here and there. Still a gorgeous shoe. Will post a pic later when I can snap away at home...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...