Thanks. Will check it out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4127post #61892 of 707377/18/15 at 7:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterellington
The “Players Shoe” is on the 222...and somehow, in spite of my wide-ish, flat-ish foot, it's amazingly comfortable. Sometimes, you've just gotta put the damn things on, what one knows about a particular last be damned. I was shocked. Then elated, 'cause they fit, were what i was looking for and were awesomely priced. Who knew?!
For someone who hasn't been around too long, you're definitely one of the more insightful/intelligent people I've come across :)
+1 - I definitely find the Player shoe & Aberdeen to run much larger than the typical 222 lasted shoes. If you can get your hands on them, I absolutely agree - try them yourself first.post #61893 of 707377/18/15 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by HealthActuary
Well I did it you guys.
Dropped $1350 at AE today.
black swims overshoes
black, walnut, merlot wide basic belts
3 shoe trees
black, walnut, merlot polish
3 polishing cloths
3 horse brushes
black, chili heel edge
I'll be back to get the randolph 2.0s when they come out in Aug.
Did you pay full price for the black PA and walnut Strand? They are both on sale at Nordstrom right now...post #61894 of 707377/18/15 at 7:36pmpost #61895 of 707377/18/15 at 7:38pmpost #61896 of 707377/18/15 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by HealthActuary
Yeah sizing was on point. The manager used this new picture taking method as well as the "normal" method. Her sizing also matched up with another associate who measured me like 2 months ago so "check mark" on sizing.
I have to wait a couple weeks for the shoes and belts to arrive so I'll just cuddle with the swims and shoe care products until then haha.
What picture taking method? Please share. Thanks.post #61897 of 707377/18/15 at 7:49pm
there's this small platform and outline of a foot (one for each foot) in which you stand and line up your foot with each respective outline. there are mirrors on the left and right side of each foot and then the associate takes a picture from the front then the back with an ipad and you get a size. it's really new and my description probably sucks big time, but it's cool :)
for the shoe trees, is there a Left shoe tree and a Right shoe tree??? (nvm figured it out. yes L and R specific)
Edited by HealthActuary - 7/18/15 at 8:10pmpost #61898 of 707377/18/15 at 8:10pmHello everyone. After deciding that i want to put a little more effort into the way i dress (jeans and tshirt)I have recently stumbled on this thread and AE shoes. I must say reading some of your posts did get me off to a good start on building a dressier wardrobe- Thank you. Albeit a little more casual here is my first boot.post #61899 of 707377/18/15 at 8:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tawm
Hello everyone. After deciding that i want to put a little more effort into the way i dress (jeans and tshirt)I have recently stumbled on this thread and AE shoes. I must say reading some of your posts did get me off to a good start on building a dressier wardrobe- Thank you. Albeit a little more casual here is my first boot.
Those are sexy. Did you get the nordstrom price match??post #61900 of 707377/18/15 at 8:24pmpost #61901 of 707377/18/15 at 8:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
I tried the chili Waltons on about a month ago - almost a total whim, I just wanted to see how the Shaker Heights last would work with shoes. Damn good fit - for me, down 0.5 sizes - heel fit was good, no arch trouble whatsoever, and the toebox is sort of roomy / extra rounded but not crazy roomy (like with the 234).
The Waltons are extremely comfortable and have a chunky solidity that makes them great for walking. I'm thinking about doing a Walton MTO in Burnished Brown.post #61902 of 707377/18/15 at 9:03pmpost #61903 of 707377/18/15 at 9:05pmpost #61904 of 707377/19/15 at 3:57amQuote:
Just wondering - with the Jefferson (1.0) still floating around (firsts & seconds) for its current price, why would you go with the McAllister? For the color choice? Don't get me wrong, the McAllister is nice and all but it's no Jefferson.post #61905 of 707377/19/15 at 3:59am
I know this is the AE thread, but wanted to say that the 1k Mile & RW Moc Toe are both really good. I feel like Nordstrom includes these on every sale, but if you don't own them, now's a good time.
BTW - how's your loafer search going :) Did you try any of my suggestions.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Johnston Murphy Brown Sheepskin Boots Size 13 M 9 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...