Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4125post #61861 of 707377/18/15 at 6:46ampost #61862 of 707377/18/15 at 7:29ampost #61863 of 707377/18/15 at 8:08ampost #61864 of 707377/18/15 at 9:15ampost #61865 of 707377/18/15 at 9:31ampost #61866 of 707377/18/15 at 9:40ampost #61867 of 707377/18/15 at 9:58ampost #61868 of 707377/18/15 at 10:01amStaying with the Nordstrom sale topic, do they sell any decent slacks and dress shirts that are on the slimmer side? Come to think about it, through the years I have only made one purchase there.
And to make it AE related..,. God damn it, I wish they would carry the Dalton in oxblood!post #61869 of 707377/18/15 at 10:03ampost #61870 of 707377/18/15 at 10:05ampost #61871 of 707377/18/15 at 10:14ampost #61872 of 707377/18/15 at 11:04am
Yet another fitment question... I just received my Rutledge seconds today, they're a cap top balmoral. Is it permissible for there to be some creasing right at and just past the transition to the cap toe when you flex your foot? I am used to my other AE cap toe shoes creasing more centrally in the vamp. These seem to be flexing on a slight angle from just before the cap's perf area to just beyond it by maybe a quarter to a half inch. They seem to be creasing right up to the more structured/stiffened toe box area, which again starts about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch past the perforations.
In terms of more general fitment, I had been asking about sizing down vs. the 65 last and I think that was the right move. The toe box feels great and the length feels comfortable to me. These might actually offer the best fit for me between the 65, 108, and 333 last.
Finally, the color contrast of the burnished area is not as subtle as shown in some photos that I have seen, which I think is part of the reason they were seconds. However, I think they'll improve with some time and darker polish on the walnut areas. I don't mind darkening them up anyway since I have a pair of walnut jeffersons and wouldn't mind a little more variation in color amongst the rotation.
All this, of course, assuming that the creasing in the toe area isn't representative of poor fit, in which case they'll need to go back.post #61873 of 707377/18/15 at 11:12amQuote:
This is going to be an unipolar opinion, but to me creasing like that is indicative of someone who was fitted with an extra long shoe in order to circumvent going wider.
A Nordstrom associate used to fit me in 11.5D because they don't carry a good selection of widths. First time I went to an AE store I was correctly fitted into 10EEE.post #61874 of 707377/18/15 at 11:16am
Also, this pattern has a long toe cap, as is the fashion. But +1 to above - many people with wider feet go up a size rather than width, simply because the right fitting isn't available - took me a long time to realise I was a 10E and not a 10.5.post #61875 of 707377/18/15 at 11:19amQuote:Originally Posted by cc808314
Staying with the Nordstrom sale topic, do they sell any decent slacks and dress shirts that are on the slimmer side? Come to think about it, through the years I have only made one purchase there.
And to make it AE related..,. God damn it, I wish they would carry the Dalton in oxblood!
Dappered.com has a good (albeit budget-conscious) article with picks for the Nordy sale.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › LEMAIRE 23 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Blazer to Las Vegas Nightclub? 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › shoe repair advice 7 minutes ago
- › NWT Grey Rota (46IT) and Brown Incotex (48IT) Wool Pants 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway