or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4096  

post #61426 of 70737

From Thursday. Brown Shell Cordovan Strand MTO with Medium Brown Transparent Edges, Indy Sole and Lining, and Wheeled Edges.

 

 

 

-Mike

post #61427 of 70737

I was in the Burlington store in Woodland Hills, CA today and the clearance section had this pair of Westchester slip on for $99. 8.5 EEE and what I believe is the Independence sole. I realize there may be a few people in the forum who could wear these and I thought I would point them out. Its a good looking shoe, but I know nothing of the shoe's reputation. I hope someone is looking for just that sized shoe.

 

 

post #61428 of 70737

Gentlemen,

 

I thought you dear chaps who frequent this thread may appreciate these:

 

photo image_zpsks8mkoue.jpg

 

^^^Jermyn St and PA for BB

 

These were given; "The Treatment" for a gentleman that is my Mentor and friend.

 

Happy 4th of July!

post #61429 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen,

I thought you dear chaps who frequent this thread may appreciate these:

photo image_zpsks8mkoue.jpg


^^^Jermyn St and PA for BB

These were given; "The Treatment" for a gentleman that is my Mentor and friend.

Happy 4th of July!


Damn...its amazing that you can get that kind of shine on a pair of AE's.
post #61430 of 70737
Watchman has some of the best shine I have seen. Unless im wrong, those PAs are probably calf but they look like shells, amazing job. They seem to match the rest of your Camina collection. HAPPY 4th
post #61431 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Gentlemen,

 

I thought you dear chaps who frequent this thread may appreciate these:

 

photo image_zpsks8mkoue.jpg

 

^^^Jermyn St and PA for BB

 

These were given; "The Treatment" for a gentleman that is my Mentor and friend.

 

Happy 4th of July!


Great Job! is that Shell or Calf?  Do you mind sharing your process.

post #61432 of 70737

Anyone go up a 1/2 to a full size and down a width or two from their brannock size for a better fit on the 5-65 or 511 lasts?

post #61433 of 70737
I had to go down half size on the 65 last, and 333 last. I measure 11 in length and right between c and d in width, all my 65 last shoes are 10.5D.
post #61434 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

I was in the Burlington store in Woodland Hills, CA today and the clearance section had this pair of Westchester slip on for $99. 8.5 EEE and what I believe is the Independence sole. I realize there may be a few people in the forum who could wear these and I thought I would point them out. Its a good looking shoe, but I know nothing of the shoe's reputation. I hope someone is looking for just that sized shoe.

 

 

 

 

Those are not the Independence sole.  Just a regular sole with the [whatever the split leather/rubber heel is called that's on several of their normal shoes like the Vernon].

 

Regardless, they look really nice.  I could probably fit into them (I usually wear a 9E but an 8.5EEE might work for me in a loafer like that actually).

post #61435 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseeds View Post
 

Anyone go up a 1/2 to a full size and down a width or two from their brannock size for a better fit on the 5-65 or 511 lasts?


I have to go down from a 6.5E to a 6EEE to fit the 65 last.  Same for the 108 and 222 lasts.  

 

Luckily, AE has been very accommodating in making these up for me without an upcharge, even though 6EEE is outside their normal size run.  The 511, 73, 234, 606, 79, and 97 lasts fit me true to Brannock size.

post #61436 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Just got a pair of Jeffersons and shell Westchesters, I also have a MTO with the Rendenbach sole; based on an admittedly unscientific sampling, the independence sole scuffs far more quickly, but they're really sharp. Rendenbach soles barely show wear from pebbles/cobblestones, while the Indy sole will exhibit divots from pebbles getting lodged in them. YMMV


Thanks for the input.  I will get a Rendenbach sole on my first MTO.

post #61437 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseeds View Post

Anyone go up a 1/2 to a full size and down a width or two from their brannock size for a better fit on the 5-65 or 511 lasts?

Up half size but same width for the 511 for me. I take 11.5 in the 65, 108, 333 and 97 as well most all others, but a 12 in the 511, except the Wilberts, which I still take 11.5E in for some reason.
post #61438 of 70737
If these were my size. I would hav been wearing them today no doubt.

post #61439 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

If these were my size. I would hav been wearing them today no doubt.

 

What size?

post #61440 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayseeds View Post

Anyone go up a 1/2 to a full size and down a width or two from their brannock size for a better fit on the 5-65 or 511 lasts?

I'm 11 E (left) and 10 3E (right) and wear 10.5 3E quite comfortably in the 5, 1, 3, 63, 234, and 2 lasts. The 511G is narrower still and I need to go up to 11 3E because of the orthotics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...