Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4094post #61396 of 707377/3/15 at 11:18ampost #61397 of 707377/3/15 at 11:26ampost #61398 of 707377/3/15 at 11:30ampost #61399 of 707377/3/15 at 12:50pmpost #61400 of 707377/3/15 at 1:45pmNot sure if this was previously posted, by Jos A. Bank has their Allen Edmonds collection on sale for about $273/pair. While the names are different, the styles are basically slight variations on the Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue, a penny loafer, and I think one that looked like the Strand.post #61401 of 707377/3/15 at 2:02pmpost #61402 of 707377/3/15 at 2:16pmpost #61403 of 707377/3/15 at 3:12pm
Rearranged the closet today and thought I'd post a pic of the family.
Top L-R: Carmina (Simpson), Clifton brown, burgundy, Mcallister merlot
Mid L-R: Blk Bergamo, Patriot-blk, brown, burgundy
Bottom L-R: Chestnut Newcomb, brown Quoddy, Tims, Ocean&Coast
A little redundant but by choice. On the lookout for a sleek stitch blk captoe bal
Hope everyone has a GREAT 4th!!!post #61404 of 707377/3/15 at 4:11pmpost #61405 of 707377/3/15 at 4:25pmQuote:Did you see anything worth it at 9.5 to 10.5 D (w) ?
It was slim pickings in that range. (I'm a 9.5EEE/10E/10EE so I was paying close attention to those sizes). I should have taken more pictures to help my memory, but the only thing in that range I can think of was a pair of black loafers (Randolphs, I believe) and the size was either a 9D or 9.5D and that shoe was at the same store at North Dekalb Mall. Sorry for the lack of specifics. Next time I go I'll take better inventory of AE shoes to share :)post #61406 of 707377/3/15 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by epc2
Quick question for the guys that have exp. With the 201 last(Rogue), I've read that it runs a bit big and has a high instep and some go 1/2 size down , but what about lenght compared to the 5 last?, is it also longer ,shorter or about the same?, I have a mid to low instep , not sure if I should go with my 5 last size or go down.
I went with the same size on rogue as my strands which is 10E. I also tried 10D on rogue but that was pretty snug width wise.post #61407 of 707377/3/15 at 6:33pmpost #61408 of 707377/3/15 at 10:17pmOriginally Posted by CUinATL
First time poster, but I have been reading this thread for the past couple of months as I have learned about quality mens dress shoes and, subsequently, have purchased 5 pair of AE shoes (I would have a lot more money if it weren't for this thread).
I did not previously know that Burlington Coat Factory sold AE shoes so I spent some time this morning going to three locations in the Atlanta area. There were a few quality pair of Waltons I found (among others), but I felt that this pair of walnut Rutledge seconds was worth sharing with those in this thread. They are size 9E and are at the Burlington Coat Factory location at the North Dekalb Mall. Other than not being my size, I could not find anything inherently wrong with these shoes. They just need some TLC and they will look immaculate.
Thanks to all of the regular posters for teaching this rookie and I hope that someone in the Atlanta area will see this post and give these shoes a home where they will be appreciated!
The most glaring thing that's wrong with them is that they basically aren't burnished around the perforations and toe. It's just walnut leather without the treatment that they should have gotten:
However, you don't need it as it looks fine (albeit a bit boring) as is. With polish and wear you will eventually develop your own patina/burnished look anyway. I think our friend @FreedBird had a pair for sale that were seconds that looked similar to those.
Happy hunting!post #61409 of 707377/3/15 at 10:23pmpost #61410 of 707377/3/15 at 10:24pmI need a recommendation on what I call a "Dress/ Casual" shoe. Meaning I don't want it to look like some wide sketcher shoe but it can't be like a park avenue. I have some nice dress shoes but I'm looking for something to wear with nice dark jeans and a sweater or say jeans and a white button up shirt or sport coat. Ya know, going out to dinner, a movie, show or just a night on the town without wearing dress pants and dress shoes. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I was thinking maybe the Chukka boots?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Johnston Murphy Brown Sheepskin Boots Size 13 M 9 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...