or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4066  

post #60976 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrett330 View Post

Just got a pair of Strands Seconds. Right shoe is totally fine, but left has this scuff... I'm not sure if I should keep or try to swap them out. Does anyone have experience with exchanging seconds? I live just north of Atlanta so there's an AE store I could take them to, but I had to wait a few days for these to come in the mail; it might be worth it though.













I'm no expert but that doesn't look good..
post #60977 of 70737

I just received my pair of Walnut Jeffersons.  With the Amex discount, it came out to be about $170 or so.  Mine is in really good condition and you certainly can't see any faults when I'm actually wearing.  Best deal ever.  Thank you Styleforum for reminding me about the Amex discount.  

post #60978 of 70737

PS: What's a cheap dress belt to pair with walnut shoes?  I read Uniqlo but wanted to see if others had any recommendations too.  

post #60979 of 70737
Nope, I actually had an extra paid of old red ones and had the foresight to use those for These particular shoes. I'll just use some edge dressing. Not a huge deal to me.
post #60980 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I tried on the Daltons today. My normal fit in the 65 last (13B) was a great fit in the Dalton.
I narrowed it down to either walnut or oxblood (the chocolate looked good too). After seeing these in person, I ultimately decided on oxblood. They only had black in stock though, so I'll have to wait a little while.

First - didn't I say to go with the 13B to start with?  Why would you listen to anyone other than The One? :)

 

Second - am I the only one with the black Dalton?  What's wrong with black?  Just messing with you - I think Oxblood looks better and I'd probably go with that if I could go back.

post #60981 of 70737

Had a weird question - for the longest time, I was against having a really elaborately perf'd black pair - I wore my black PAs all the time.  Most recently picked up the Jefferson (black) and really like it so far.  Also tried on the Strand in black - I don't know what it was about them, but I just hated them.  I think I tried them last year too and hated them then just the same.  They looked like the PAs from a distance, and you could hardly make out any details, but then up close you could see something - does this sound crazy?  I really wanted to "like" them but just couldn't.  Anyone have the black Strand?

post #60982 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpappy View Post
 

PS: What's a cheap dress belt to pair with walnut shoes?  I read Uniqlo but wanted to see if others had any recommendations too.  

Walnut Manistee should go on sale with RDA, probably down to about $90 if I'm remembering past years correctly. Probably the best match you'll get with Jeffersons.

post #60983 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpappy View Post

PS: What's a cheap dress belt to pair with walnut shoes?  I read Uniqlo but wanted to see if others had any recommendations too.  

I'm wondering the same thing, but for dark chili.
post #60984 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpappy View Post
 

PS: What's a cheap dress belt to pair with walnut shoes?  I read Uniqlo but wanted to see if others had any recommendations too.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post


I'm wondering the same thing, but for dark chili.


Have you guys checked the shoebank options? Currently $49 which is a pretty good deal!  I own the 'Dearborn' belt in Walnut and am pretty happy with it to pair with my walnut & similar shaded shoes.  I also have the 'Wide Basic' model in Merlot that I pair with burgundy/color 8 shell shoes.

post #60985 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

First - didn't I say to go with the 13B to start with?  Why would you listen to anyone other than The One? smile.gif

Second - am I the only one with the black Dalton?  What's wrong with black?  Just messing with you - I think Oxblood looks better and I'd probably go with that if I could go back.
Yes, I know now just to take your advice.
(Then again, I think you said you didn't like the fit of the Dalton.)
I was a little surprised that my local outlet had a pair in my size to try on, and I'm glad they did. The black looked good, but I already have the Cascade in black.
post #60986 of 70737
Burgundy shell Leeds today
post #60987 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post



Have you guys checked the shoebank options? Currently $49 which is a pretty good deal!  I own the 'Dearborn' belt in Walnut and am pretty happy with it to pair with my walnut & similar shaded shoes.  I also have the 'Wide Basic' model in Merlot that I pair with burgundy/color 8 shell shoes.

Yea I took advantage of this and got a bourbon one. I was in desperate need of a new brown belt as it is. It's a little darker than the bourbon shoes I have but I may just need to darken my shoes up too.
post #60988 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 

Had a weird question - for the longest time, I was against having a really elaborately perf'd black pair - I wore my black PAs all the time.  Most recently picked up the Jefferson (black) and really like it so far.  Also tried on the Strand in black - I don't know what it was about them, but I just hated them.  I think I tried them last year too and hated them then just the same.  They looked like the PAs from a distance, and you could hardly make out any details, but then up close you could see something - does this sound crazy?  I really wanted to "like" them but just couldn't.  Anyone have the black Strand?


I'm with you - I have a pair of Walnut Strands and love them.  But the black Strands are just not good looking to me.  Some shoes look good in black, others just don't.  Park Ave, First Ave, Carlyle, Flatiron, Odenwald, Dundees - all great in black.  

 

Black usually doesn't look good on shoes with a lot of pinking, IMO, unless the pinking is very small and refined.  Larger/rougher pinking just casuals up the shoe too much, which works better with a  brown or red color.

post #60989 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post



Have you guys checked the shoebank options? Currently $49 which is a pretty good deal!  I own the 'Dearborn' belt in Walnut and am pretty happy with it to pair with my walnut & similar shaded shoes.  I also have the 'Wide Basic' model in Merlot that I pair with burgundy/color 8 shell shoes.

I have, but didn't see anything in dark chili. I was debating picking up the Dry Wolf chili but assume this is the older color chili. Anyone know how red this (or the chili wide basic dress) is?
post #60990 of 70737
Had to rock a suit today just so I could try my new Fifth Street Boots in the wild...



Plus Moynihan (my company's CEO) is town, so it doesn't hurt to be ready for a chat...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...