or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4056  

post #60826 of 70737
Hello - 1st post here.

Picked up these nice AE Shreveport shoes over the weekend. A little father's day present to myself! Also picked up a Norwhich in dark brown as well.
post #60827 of 70737
Hey guys,

I just got some new AEs. I have been searching for a while for some of the Elgins, or something similar to the Strand but more casual. I didn't like the floppiness of the Neumok but I thought I would give them a try, so while I was at Nordstom in Phoenix (no Nordstroms here in NM or AE sellers for that matter), I tried some on. My plan was to check the fit then try to find some in my price range on-line. However, I still didn't like the unstructured look and fit. However, Nordstrom has a Neumok "exclusive" to Nordstrom that has a little more structure to them and I loved them. They also are a little different color, Acorn Hilfire (?) with some antiquing on them. They are called the 'Neumok' Wingtip (Men) (Nordstrom Exclusive). Here are a few pics:



post #60828 of 70737
Here's a comparison to the Strand in Walnut, and the Aberdeen which to me has always been a little too dark but I got them for ~$90 brand new:

Strand in Walnut:

Aberdeen in Dark Brown:

Nordstron Neumok in Acorn Hilfire (?)
post #60829 of 70737
@tesuquegolfer, look for the Strandmok
post #60830 of 70737
I did see that and I do believe it is the same shoe except for the sole. I found a good deal on the Strandmok on eBay but I just didn't like that sole. I might have even tried them on at Nordstrom. I was glad to find the ones I got from Nordstrom with the leather sole but I had to pay the full price, but I am extremely happy so it was worth every penny. This pair makes my 4th pair, 5th Aves, Strands, Aberdeens, and now these.
post #60831 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post
 

How should I size the Kirwoods/Maritimes?  I wear 9.5 D in the Park Aves

 

I wear my Kirkwoods in the same size as I do my Strands, Dundees, and Clark Streets, and they fit beautifully.

post #60832 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
 

 

I wear my Kirkwoods in the same size as I do my Strands, Dundees, and Clark Streets, and they fit beautifully.


Same here - 8.5d fits great in the Maritime for me, which s my Strands size.

post #60833 of 70737

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I am looking for some advice on my second pair of AE shoes to pick up as a part of the tent sale currently going on. I just received my first pair of AE Strands in Walnut as I have wanted these for a few years now, and I would like another pair of shoes to alternate with them during the work week.

 

I work in a business casual environment (engineering) where jeans are not acceptable except on Friday. Most people wear Chinos and a polo or oxford to work. I generally wear wool slacks (british tan, medium gray, charcoal and navy) and Brooks Brothers dress shirts to work.

I am considering another AE model, most likely in Chili or Bourbon (size 9.5). I have been looking at the McAllister's and McGregor's, but I am not sure, especially when I start reading about all of the rules shoes are supposed to abide by. It would be a bonus if I could wear them with jeans on Friday.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

post #60834 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkp2k View Post

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I am looking for some advice on my second pair of AE shoes to pick up as a part of the tent sale currently going on. I just received my first pair of AE Strands in Walnut as I have wanted these for a few years now, and I would like another pair of shoes to alternate with them during the work week.

I work in a business casual environment (engineering) where jeans are not acceptable except on Friday. Most people wear Chinos and a polo or oxford to work. I generally wear wool slacks (british tan, medium gray, charcoal and navy) and Brooks Brothers dress shirts to work.

I am considering another AE model, most likely in Chili or Bourbon (size 9.5). I have been looking at the McAllister's and McGregor's, but I am not sure, especially when I start reading about all of the rules shoes are supposed to abide by. It would be a bonus if I could wear them with jeans on Friday.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

You'll want to go with sonething more casual, with open, blucher-style lacing. The McGregor is a fine choice. As are Lexington, jodox, MacNeil, Leeds, delray, bradley, etc. Or a monkstrap. Mira and Franciscan are quite nice.

I would recommend against Mcallister. It's a suit shoe. As is the strand, actually.
post #60835 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkp2k View Post

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I am looking for some advice on my second pair of AE shoes to pick up as a part of the tent sale currently going on. I just received my first pair of AE Strands in Walnut as I have wanted these for a few years now, and I would like another pair of shoes to alternate with them during the work week.

I work in a business casual environment (engineering) where jeans are not acceptable except on Friday. Most people wear Chinos and a polo or oxford to work. I generally wear wool slacks (british tan, medium gray, charcoal and navy) and Brooks Brothers dress shirts to work.

I am considering another AE model, most likely in Chili or Bourbon (size 9.5). I have been looking at the McAllister's and McGregor's, but I am not sure, especially when I start reading about all of the rules shoes are supposed to abide by. It would be a bonus if I could wear them with jeans on Friday.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
I think that the McGregor would be a good choice.
post #60836 of 70737

i get the kirkwood/maritime love.  they are good looking shoes at a great price.  i sure do wish they were made in the USA, though.  that and recrafting are the two reasons i buy AE.  

post #60837 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkp2k View Post
 

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I am looking for some advice on my second pair of AE shoes to pick up as a part of the tent sale currently going on. I just received my first pair of AE Strands in Walnut as I have wanted these for a few years now, and I would like another pair of shoes to alternate with them during the work week.

 

I work in a business casual environment (engineering) where jeans are not acceptable except on Friday. Most people wear Chinos and a polo or oxford to work. I generally wear wool slacks (british tan, medium gray, charcoal and navy) and Brooks Brothers dress shirts to work.

I am considering another AE model, most likely in Chili or Bourbon (size 9.5). I have been looking at the McAllister's and McGregor's, but I am not sure, especially when I start reading about all of the rules shoes are supposed to abide by. It would be a bonus if I could wear them with jeans on Friday.

Any thoughts or recommendations?


I'm sure people will say I'm nuts but I would go with that black Walton - if I didn't have so many other choices already I'd definitely go with these myself.  Ultra comfortable.

post #60838 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer View Post

Hey guys,

I just got some new AEs. I have been searching for a while for some of the Elgins, or something similar to the Strand but more casual. I didn't like the floppiness of the Neumok but I thought I would give them a try, so while I was at Nordstom in Phoenix (no Nordstroms here in NM or AE sellers for that matter), I tried some on. My plan was to check the fit then try to find some in my price range on-line. However, I still didn't like the unstructured look and fit. However, Nordstrom has a Neumok "exclusive" to Nordstrom that has a little more structure to them and I loved them. They also are a little different color, Acorn Hilfire (?) with some antiquing on them. They are called the 'Neumok' Wingtip (Men) (Nordstrom Exclusive). Here are a few pics:
 

Did you try the "brown" version maybe?  That one was more "unstructured" and different than the rest.  The acorn was the most conservative option, but even the red, green and blue fit the same.

 

I wanted the Elgins too but missed out.  Consider the McTavish as an alternative.

post #60839 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

i get the kirkwood/maritime love.  they are good looking shoes at a great price.  i sure do wish they were made in the USA, though.  that and recrafting are the two reasons i buy AE.  

The Port Washington factory is set up to assemble welted shoes. Who needs a boat shoe with a big, heavy Goodyear welt?
post #60840 of 70737
So the $97 GOBI arrived. Overall pleased for the $. The welt is perfect, even like how they double stitched it. One boot has striping but not overly bad. Can't really tell under normal lighting. The issue with this pair was the wrinkled shafts but it's not the end of the world to me. Dark marks on the left boot is water. I dropped a half size to an 8.5D and they are perfect for a 9.5C brannock foot
Padded insole was a nice surprise.

And of course FedEx gave me a nice 27$ phone call. Fuck you too FedEx.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...