or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4055  

post #60811 of 70737

Definitely off-topic, but just tried on some SMU Kenilworth with a McTavish double oak sole and wanted to comment.  I'm pretty sure I tried the original Kenilworth back when it was newer but had forgotten about it until now.  What a botched design - they are like a really dressy version of the black hills - super elongated, almost too much, but with only 3 sets of eyelets it's like the heel bowing could cause the back of the shoe to literally collapse out from under you.  Shame really - they were really comfortable and not bad looking either.  Was the Lexington or Jodox supposed to have replaced these?

post #60812 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

Definitely off-topic, but just tried on some SMU Kenilworth with a McTavish double oak sole and wanted to comment.  I'm pretty sure I tried the original Kenilworth back when it was newer but had forgotten about it until now.  What a botched design - they are like a really dressy version of the black hills - super elongated, almost too much, but with only 3 sets of eyelets it's like the heel bowing could cause the back of the shoe to literally collapse out from under you.  Shame really - they were really comfortable and not bad looking either.  Was the Lexington or Jodox supposed to have replaced these?

Hmmm. I adore mine. No Bowing at all.

post #60813 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post


How do the Cronmoks fit?
I see a pair is available that is one width narrower than my normal 65 last fit. (Actually one width narrower than my left foot. My right foot is a little smaller, and I think going down a width would be fine.)
Do you think it would work?


They are a little bit snug in my 8.5d normal size.  But, the leather is so soft and flexible (and thin) that it really doesn't matter.  I'd say just go with your regular size.

post #60814 of 70737

Damn.  I tried to order one last pair of Maritimes for my brother for his birthday.  As of 11:50PM Eastern Time, the red "sale" banner was still up on the site and when you clicked on the sale page that showed all the shoes on sale, it showed the Maritimes (and Kirkwoods) as being on sale for $125 still.  I went to add the shoe to my cart after picking the size/width, but it appears in the cart as full price, $175.

 

I emailed them to see if they'd still be able to honor the sale price of $125 (I did not purchase them tonight at the $175 price).  Really hoping they can since the sale should have still been live.

post #60815 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
 

 

 

Man.. I wore these shoes for 10 mins at home today. I like the shoe and fit but the issue is the squeaking sound, air whooshing sound. Its been consistent for every step. Damn, I hope it goes away after break in, I don't want to return these shoes for this reason. Anyone has experience on this issue?

post #60816 of 70737
I've been away for a while. Any idea why AE had discontinued the Patriot? Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to collect seconds at $129. But this is a classic design in a last that fits me better than any other. What gives?
Edited by WICaniac - 6/22/15 at 7:09am
post #60817 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyort1 View Post


They are a little bit snug in my 8.5d normal size.  But, the leather is so soft and flexible (and thin) that it really doesn't matter.  I'd say just go with your regular size.
Thank you.
There are none available in my regular width. I was hoping that the ones that were one size narrower would work. It sounds like those would be too tight for my left foot.
post #60818 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Hmmm. I adore mine. No Bowing at all.

 

Nice - I would agree, they look good.  Tying back to that earlier thread, the creasing at the front actually makes these look better rather than worse.  I honestly didn't know what I would have done with them - solid black, bluchers on the 65 last, and pre-creasing they do look really long and plain.  They might have worked but I wasn't willing to take the chance on the potential bowing in the back.  Maybe I'll come back to them, never know....

post #60819 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Damn.  I tried to order one last pair of Maritimes for my brother for his birthday.  As of 11:50PM Eastern Time, the red "sale" banner was still up on the site and when you clicked on the sale page that showed all the shoes on sale, it showed the Maritimes (and Kirkwoods) as being on sale for $125 still.  I went to add the shoe to my cart after picking the size/width, but it appears in the cart as full price, $175.

 

I emailed them to see if they'd still be able to honor the sale price of $125 (I did not purchase them tonight at the $175 price).  Really hoping they can since the sale should have still been live.

I'd say ditch the email and make a phone call - I would normally recommend the Freeport outlet but they were swamped and the phone was ringing off the hook so you might have trouble getting through.  If you talk to them I think you'll be more likely to get the price you want.  I noticed they aren't too keen about doing this stuff in writing.

 

I do think you guys are taking this boat shoe thing a little too far - when we have another record breaking winter, I want to see pics of everyone's red kirkwoods wearing them at Christmastime.

post #60820 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepats81 View Post

How should I size the Kirwoods/Maritimes?  I wear 9.5 D in the Park Aves

I ended up keeping the same length, but dropping down from D to B.
post #60821 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

Nice - I would agree, they look good.  Tying back to that earlier thread, the creasing at the front actually makes these look better rather than worse.  I honestly didn't know what I would have done with them - solid black, bluchers on the 65 last, and pre-creasing they do look really long and plain.  They might have worked but I wasn't willing to take the chance on the potential bowing in the back.  Maybe I'll come back to them, never know....

To be fair, everything looks better in brown shell cordovan. wink.gif
post #60822 of 70737

The maiden voyage of my new brown shell PAs
post #60823 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Hmmm. I adore mine. No Bowing at all.

Boom! Awesome shell, liquid shine!
post #60824 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Yea Grayson's have a very minimal amount of blemishes. Pretty pumped and I like the dual coloring. Can't wait for the Daltons to get here only to be stored away until November.


As much as I love my Graysons & Jermyns, the 97 last is like that girl from the Butterfly Effect - like poison for me.  Super sleek, and I love everything they produce on it but it just doesn't work for me.  Trying to avoid this last from now on.

 

Speaking of the Dalton, I definitely like the look of it but have never really been happy with the fit - they were incredibly painful for the longest time and took forever to break in, and even now they're still just "ok".  I just tried a bunch of stuff on the 73 last and all I can say is WOW, what a difference.  They may not look as sleek, but if anyone doesn't already own them, I would strongly recommend the Shaker Heights - way more comfortable.

 

Shaker Heights may be my perfect fit ....I have three of them.  Stellar boot.

 

The Dalton as I recently learned has a lot of give and take with sizing..don't be afraid to drop size length and up the width

post #60825 of 70737
I wish the Maritimes were USA made as I would love to play with the cxl colors to make something like these...easily my favorite boat shoe in terms of colors..super versatile...the side panels are blue and red..picture looks greenish and pink


Edited by Kahuna75 - 6/22/15 at 9:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...