They're currently on sale for $15 shipped.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4039post #60572 of 707376/17/15 at 11:43am
I have been waiting for the 3 for $25 + free shipping, but finally gave up. They are a little over $12 - if you need enough to take advantage of the $25 off $125. (I certainly did with my recent spending spree.)
Patience is not one of my strong suits...post #60573 of 707376/17/15 at 12:41pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by rostov
I love mine and I haven't seen anyone complain about theirs. I'm a standout as others seem to find them roomy, but personally find them a tad low in the forefoot. Not enough to bother me with suede, but if you have a tall forefoot (as I do), you might want to consider sizing up with the calf version.
Thanks for the information! Do any of you know how they compare to the Alden Unlined Chukkas?post #60574 of 707376/17/15 at 12:46pmpost #60575 of 707376/17/15 at 1:25pmpost #60576 of 707376/17/15 at 1:30pmpost #60577 of 707376/17/15 at 1:45pmpost #60578 of 707376/17/15 at 1:57pmpost #60579 of 707376/17/15 at 2:27pmLooking to get the blue kirkwood in 10 3E. However, it's not available on the website. Is it possible for store SA to place an order not available online? If not, I may go for the brown or dark brown...
Also, handcrafted and available in six weeks? What's that about?post #60580 of 707376/17/15 at 2:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by TryingToGrowUp
Looking to get the blue kirkwood in 10 3E. However, it's not available on the website. Is it possible for store SA to place an order not available online? If not, I may go for the brown or dark brown...
Also, handcrafted and available in six weeks? What's that about?
Call your favorite SA and they should be able to place the order. I placed an order for the light brown Maritimes this week with a ~3 week wait time.
(If you need an SA... Earl at Alabama Leeds has always been awesome for me.)post #60581 of 707376/17/15 at 2:53pmQuote:
I can only speak for the NYC stores—they often have “dead stock”, custom one-offs and Nordstrom Rack unsolds. It's a terrible place to shop, but in so being, gems pop in and no one seems to notice them—except for folks who know what to look for. What's more, you have to go through maybe sixty pairs of awful Aldos and Stacy Adams' for every AE you run across. Ugh. But there are some serious winners.
The three stores you want to hit to find 'em are: Burlington Coat Factory on Sixth Avenue between 22nd and 23rd Streets, the one on 14th Street & Union Square, and lastly the one in Brooklyn at Sleepy's Atlantic Center. They all even do Lay-A-Way. But the stores are not stocked in an eye-pleasing way, there are no boxes (but occasionally the original flannel bags are on or in the shoes). Some are marked seconds with the little brand/tick grooved into the sole just below the Allen Edmonds brand. They'll usually run from between $99-$139. If a pair sits for a while and nobody nabs it, it'll be further reduced to around $70. You may not find the best selection of the classics like Fifth and Park Avenues and so on, but you will find high-end rarities and the occasional classic as well as quite a few of the golf stuff. The less common widths will be more plentiful as will the larger sizes (Gobs of the Independence series at the Atlantic Center Store in 13 and 14s)—Es and 3Es. Check for defects like misaligned eyelets and stitch drift on the soles and you can walk out of there with some awesome stuff. Wearing my new Suede Sanibel Loafers today. Got 'em for $70! :)
Edited by misterellington - 6/17/15 at 3:05pmpost #60582 of 707376/17/15 at 3:20pmpost #60583 of 707376/17/15 at 4:16pmQuote:
Sorry - more gobi questions... I have no familiarity with the 809 last. I measure as a 7.5C but almost always wear a 7D. If I find the 65 last super roomy in the toebox, would I need to go as low as a 6.5 in the Gobi, or would you stick with the 7D? I have tried a 6.5E in the 65 and it would probably work but I liked 7D better.post #60584 of 707376/17/15 at 4:28pmJust placed an order for a brown Jefferson and burgundy calf Patriot. Was hoping to pick up a pair of Daltons in oxblood or chili but they don't have them in my size. The Gobi for $97 is very enticing, but I am not sure how they'd look with khaki pants.post #60585 of 707376/17/15 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterellington
I (Gobs of the Independence series at the Atlantic Center Store in 13 and 14s)—Es and 3Es. Check for defects like misaligned eyelets and stitch drift on the soles and you can walk out of there with some awesome stuff. Wearing my new Suede Sanibel Loafers today. Got 'em for $70!
Really? 14Es? I'm amazed, I'll pretend they're all in terrible condition and overpriced so I'm not tempted to call them and see if they can ship to Canada.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...