or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4038  

post #60556 of 70737
The $209 Daltons are burning a hole in my wallet. I need some advice in choosing between oxblood and walnut. My current boot line-up includes Bleecker Streets in Bob's Chili and Fifth Streets in brown. The oxblood seems like more natural fall/winter color but the walnut would add some variety. For those of you who have walnut boots, how versatile are they?
post #60557 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

This sale is testing my will, I am going to stay strong though. Better stay out of this thread haha

 

I stopped at that... a fathers day gift from the kids.  

 

 

Patriots at $127 were a tough no...  If they were any suede left it would have been bought.  

 

 

I have Carminas on my radar for my next purchase.. 

post #60558 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

The $209 Daltons are burning a hole in my wallet. I need some advice in choosing between oxblood and walnut. My current boot line-up includes Bleecker Streets in Bob's Chili and Fifth Streets in brown. The oxblood seems like more natural fall/winter color but the walnut would add some variety. For those of you who have walnut boots, how versatile are they?

 

I think the oxeblood Dalton's are amazing...I do not have a Walnut boot but do have Walnut shoes and find the oxeblood to be really special and would choose it over the walnut....of course I would choose Bourbon over walnut also on the  Dalton.

 

and mind you I love the walnut Dalton too but decided 2 pairs were enough

post #60559 of 70737

Also I've never seen Daltons @ $209.  Great deal.     And I would get the Oxblood or Black over the others.   To the above poster.

post #60560 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

The $209 Daltons are burning a hole in my wallet. I need some advice in choosing between oxblood and walnut. My current boot line-up includes Bleecker Streets in Bob's Chili and Fifth Streets in brown. The oxblood seems like more natural fall/winter color but the walnut would add some variety. For those of you who have walnut boots, how versatile are they?

 

I just scooped some Walnut Daltons myself. I'm considering ordering a 2nd pair, picking the best, and eating the $10 restocking fee.

 

In terms of color, I plan to slowly work in bourbon or chili polish. Hope this will give them a little extra pop and make them more versatile than trad walnut.

post #60561 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

of course I would choose Bourbon over walnut also on the  Dalton.

 

Bourbon is my favorite for sure, but it seems all of the seconds have pretty bad tiger striping. I think I'd rather take a loose pull tap or wrinkled upper (and darken them myself) than a pair with deep stripes that won't ever go away.

post #60562 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

I just scooped some Walnut Daltons myself. I'm considering ordering a 2nd pair, picking the best, and eating the $10 restocking fee.

In terms of color, I plan to slowly work in bourbon or chili polish. Hope this will give them a little extra pop and make them more versatile than trad walnut.

Good call. Seconds can be a crapshoot so ordering both improves my chances of finding something I want to keep. Of course this risks both pairs going into my collection shog[1].gif
post #60563 of 70737

Hi gentlemen! What's the general consensus on the 'Gobi' boots? I'm considering buying a pair.

post #60564 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post
 

Hi gentlemen! What's the general consensus on the 'Gobi' boots? I'm considering buying a pair.

 

I love the suede pair I have...

post #60565 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post
 

Hi gentlemen! What's the general consensus on the 'Gobi' boots? I'm considering buying a pair.

I really like my brown suede ones. Look great with different color laces too. FYI - had to drop a 1/2 size in length to manage the extra volume.

post #60566 of 70737

General consensus is they run a bit large.  

 

I ordered an 8.5D vs. my 511 Long Branch 9D (which in reality is a bit roomy, but great for boot socks).

post #60567 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post
 

Hi gentlemen! What's the general consensus on the 'Gobi' boots? I'm considering buying a pair.

 

I love mine and I haven't seen anyone complain about theirs. I'm a standout as others seem to find them roomy, but personally find them a tad low in the forefoot. Not enough to bother me with suede, but if you have a tall forefoot (as I do), you might want to consider sizing up with the calf version.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

 

Bourbon is my favorite for sure, but it seems all of the seconds have pretty bad tiger striping. I think I'd rather take a loose pull tap or wrinkled upper (and darken them myself) than a pair with deep stripes that won't ever go away.

 

 

Oxblood and Bob's Chili can also fall victim to this, so beware.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

 

I think the oxeblood Dalton's are amazing...I do not have a Walnut boot but do have Walnut shoes and find the oxeblood to be really special and would choose it over the walnut....of course I would choose Bourbon over walnut also on the  Dalton.

 

and mind you I love the walnut Dalton too but decided 2 pairs were enough

 

Gosh, I'm in the same boat. I've got two pairs of Eagle County boots in Brown Grain and Oxblood and a Walnut Shell Dalton! Yet, I'm tempted by those Chocolate Daltons, or even a pair in Walnut calf.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

The $209 Daltons are burning a hole in my wallet. I need some advice in choosing between oxblood and walnut. My current boot line-up includes Bleecker Streets in Bob's Chili and Fifth Streets in brown. The oxblood seems like more natural fall/winter color but the walnut would add some variety. For those of you who have walnut boots, how versatile are they?

 

I find my walnut calf and walnut shell to pair best with jeans, burgundy, blue, and green chinos. With shoes (not boots) you could pull off walnut wearing with a blue or light-gray suit. EDIT: This is why I think I'm done with my walnut Strands... the options to wear walnut are so much better with casual styles better matched by a blucher. If I were buying them again, I'd buy the Rogue or Dalton instead, or maybe a walnut Flatiron. Oh, I also forgot, yes, walnut shoes would also look good with green suits, if you can pull it off without looking like the Riddler.

 


Edited by rostov - 6/17/15 at 11:21am
post #60568 of 70737

@RichieP Thank You!

 

Those that picked the Patriots up in both brown and burgundy will not be disappointed IMO. I have them in both brown and burgundy shell, the brown I wear more casually around the house and even a yard\deck shoe. After about a year I had B. Nelson resole the burgundy with the equivalent of the Alden antique edge sole and am very pleased with the results.

 

 

Speaking of Long Wings and tassel loafers one of my favorite loafers is the Manchester, wish I would have had a pair made in shell now.

post #60569 of 70737
Oxblood Dalton's are calling my name, but I already have a pair in Bob's chili, and I fear the colors might be too close (don't want any redundancy with my shoes). Are the colors as similar as they look, or is there enough to differentiate between the two?
post #60570 of 70737

Any word on JAB trees going on sale next? I've run out of backup sets and still have a few pairs to go...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...