Yes, I checked shoebank for my size and called and placed the order with a store that the website said it was available in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 11:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4033post #60481 of 707376/16/15 at 11:32ampost #60482 of 707376/16/15 at 11:50amQuote:
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure they have your shoes sitting behind the register with your name on them. I've had instances in the past when the sale didn't go through for ~24hrs. They are probably swampedpost #60483 of 707376/16/15 at 12:45pmpost #60484 of 707376/16/15 at 12:46pmpost #60485 of 707376/16/15 at 12:51pm
So I guess this is tent sale pricing hitting the shoe bank a couple days early? Probably no further markdowns on the 18th? Kinda disappointed, since I really want a McGregor, but the discount is relatively minimal (down to $254 from $299). And then those Daltons are tempting me to change my mind. Also the Gobi and Norwich at $97? Very tempting as well. But only minimal or no discount on the two I really want, McGregor and Bleeker St. Sad face.post #60486 of 707376/16/15 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by ScooberJake
So I guess this is tent sale pricing hitting the shoe bank a couple days early? Probably no further markdowns on the 18th? Kinda disappointed, since I really want a McGregor, but the discount is relatively minimal (down to $254 from $299). And then those Daltons are tempting me to change my mind. Also the Gobi and Norwich at $97? Very tempting as well. But only minimal or no discount on the two I really want, McGregor and Bleeker St. Sad face.
This IS Tent Sale.
See the message on Shoebank: Tent Sale pricing now through June 28th. Prices are as indicated below.post #60487 of 707376/16/15 at 12:55pmQuote:
That's what I figured. Was confused because http://www.aetentsale.com/ still says it starts the 18th. Thanks.post #60488 of 707376/16/15 at 12:57pmpost #60489 of 707376/16/15 at 12:57pm
Thanks, @jzrhwinnj. Sounds like I will start with my Fullerton (and 65 last) size, knowing that if they are too snug/short I'll go up a half length.post #60490 of 707376/16/15 at 1:02pm
One more question for the forum...
Thoughts on the edging color of the Walnut (brown?) vs Bourbon Daltons (looks black to me)? I much prefer the bourbon color on this boot, but am reluctant to the black edges.
Think I'll even notice this once I start wearing them? Anyone have both and care to share their thoughts or pics? (I guess I could always attempt to darken the walnut myself.)post #60491 of 707376/16/15 at 1:10pmpost #60492 of 707376/16/15 at 2:06pmpost #60493 of 707376/16/15 at 2:07pmI have a couple of pairs of Chukkas that I really like (AE Malvern and Red Wing 595). I had been considering buying a third pair. I had to buy when saw the price drop today on the Gobi. My normal size in the 65 last is a 13B, and I ordered that in the Gobi. I really hope it works out. Does anyone have experience with that 809 last of the Gobi?
I also grabbed a pair of the Clark Street in natural.
Hopefully this works out as well.post #60494 of 707376/16/15 at 2:10pmQuote:The gobi is quite roomy I went down half a size, same width compared to 65 lastOriginally Posted by mreams99
I have a couple of pairs of Chukkas that I really like (AE Malvern and Red Wing 595). I had been considering buying a third pair. I had to buy when saw the price drop today on the Gobi. My normal size in the 65 last is a 13B, and I ordered that in the Gobi. I really hope it works out. Does anyone have experience with that 809 last of the Gobi?
I also grabbed a pair of the Clark Street in natural.
Hopefully this works out as well.post #60495 of 707376/16/15 at 2:14pmQuote:I use both walnut and bourbon polish for my walnut strands. I also add a bit of black polish for the toes.
You can also choose to use neutral/clear polish which doesn't add any colors to the shoes
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › London MTM 11 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 19 minutes ago
- › English bridle leather belt size 31-32 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 37 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway