or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4020  

post #60286 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Quick question for you guys. Got the seconds Dalton and there seems to be some blemishes on the boots. It looks like it was a bad polish job. Do you think they will go away overtime with brushing and cleaning? Or is it part of the shell and I'll just have to love it.


I doubt that's part of the shell. Horween would not have sent that shell to AE looking like that.

 

Grab your favorite bottle of Saphir RenoMat and set about stripping off all the gunk and factory finish. Hopefully it comes off.

post #60287 of 70737
Can someone answer me before I fuck up my shoes?
post #60288 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Wednesday Wingtip. What are you wearing?


These are becoming my favorite, very comfortable.

Great minds .... etc.



@7_rocket. On the walnut Strands I alternate between the Saphir light brown and AE Cognac.
post #60289 of 70737
@7_rocket Cream or wax? I only use neutral cordovan cream on my walnut shell which I think is darker. I would not use light brown cream polish on walnut calf.
post #60290 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Can someone answer me before I fuck up my shoes?

 

Light brown sounds about right for walnut but I would use something with more red tones on chili than medium brown. I personally use the AE walnut cream polish and like the results.

 

 

 

 

Some further reading: 

 

https://www.hangerproject.com/blog/2013/08/12/allen-edmonds-long-branch-in-brown/

https://www.hangerproject.com/blog/2012/07/03/saphir-shoe-polish-colors/

 

 

post #60291 of 70737
Walnut strands aren't shell. Thanks fellas

They're all polishes
post #60292 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


I doubt that's part of the shell. Horween would not have sent that shell to AE looking like that.

Grab your favorite bottle of Saphir RenoMat and set about stripping off all the gunk and factory finish. Hopefully it comes off.
Is reno mat harsh on shell?
post #60293 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Is reno mat harsh on shell?
It's harsh on anything. Use it sparingly and condition afterwords. I'd suggest rubbing down with a damp cotton cloth before doing anything. That removes a ton of crap off the surface.
post #60294 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post


Is reno mat harsh on shell?

 

It is pretty harsh but works well, be sure to condition well after. If you have some Renovatuer you could try that too. I use that to strip the excess polish off my AE shell in the past and it works great, though takes a bit longer to do.

post #60295 of 70737
Local shop recommended cognac (#10) for my walnut AEs. It's a bit dark out of the tin, but I've not been unhappy with the result, but I've only applied it a couple times now.
post #60296 of 70737
Walnut Wednesday!

fc4c0b3889a86d17fe91908e13e3db0e.jpg
post #60297 of 70737

What shoe is that? It is a different stitching than the Mojave 2, so is it the Mojave?

post #60298 of 70737
I've been trying out various AEs in pursuit of my first pair.

I ordered a pair in balmoral style (Strandmoks) and noticed that the tongue is attached with a few stiches to one side of the opening (in addition to where it attaches further down at the throat). On the left shoe these stiches are on the left side... and on the right shoes the stiches are also on the left. This seems a little odd to me. Is this normal?

Forgive me if this is a foolish question but I figured I'd get an answer here.
post #60299 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

What shoe is that? It is a different stitching than the Mojave 2, so is it the Mojave?

The above pic?  It's a special webgem based on the Mojave....believe they referred to it as the Shreveport or something like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderedsouth View Post

I've been trying out various AEs in pursuit of my first pair.

I ordered a pair in balmoral style (Strandmoks) and noticed that the tongue is attached with a few stiches to one side of the opening (in addition to where it attaches further down at the throat). On the left shoe these stiches are on the left side... and on the right shoes the stiches are also on the left. This seems a little odd to me. Is this normal?

Forgive me if this is a foolish question but I figured I'd get an answer here.

Tongues on my Neumok & PAs are sewn like that...

 

Don't worry about being foolish - you pursued AEs for a while and ended up with the Strandmok - that was foolish enough already.

 

Been a really long horrible work week, gotta get my entertainment in.

post #60300 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

you a drummer Pep?

Saxophonist, actually. But I share a practice space in Brooklyn with a drummer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

What shoe is that? It is a different stitching than the Mojave 2, so is it the Mojave?

If you're talking about my suede chukkas, they're the unlined Amoks. Discontinued about 2-3 years ago. Basically a Mojave on a sleeker last (4 last), and a butyl leather sole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...