or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4014  

post #60196 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Lather them with some leather lotion to soften the leather and they won't make anymore noises.  Happened to me when I wore the bleecher st for the first time.  

I've been putting Vaseline between the flaps/straps.
post #60197 of 70737


Walnut Melrose with navy suit. Too casual?
post #60198 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoosensuits View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Lather them with some leather lotion to soften the leather and they won't make anymore noises.  Happened to me when I wore the bleecher st for the first time.  

I've been putting Vaseline between the flaps/straps.

 

First time that lotion did not work for me was on my Oddenwalds...a bit of baby powder and it has been quiet sailing since.

 

Wore my Oddenwalds all day Friday and Saturday and what a great last and boot....probably walked over 4 miles in two days in them and didn't have a desire to take them off once we got home..think I had them on for 4 hours just hanging around the house at night. Have to say my normal instinct is to not be thrilled with leather soled boots but these really have developed a great grip to them.

 

First time I have worn them in 6 weeks or so(recovering from some surgery) so there was about a 30 minute period on Friday that my big toes were a touch sore as they spread out and got used to all that toe box room again.

 

I am considering an MTO with the Rush St/Nuemok blue leather of this boot... I would have to sell my Viberg navy service boots as it would be too similar though my Vibergs could use a resole....so maybe I wont sellt hem :) I am such a loser.....Not comparing construction quality or materials as Viberg is top notch but the Oddenwald is more comfy for my foot. My newer Vibergs all pretty comfy.

post #60199 of 70737

For all of you out there who enjoyed my previous posts of my two pair of Voyagers,  I also have a pair of the Voyager's cousin, the Desert Mountain, which I wore today.  Here's the Desert Mountain, enjoy..........


......these weren't even Seconds.   They were Thiirds or Fourths (or whatever) but I still can't figure out what made them Thirds or Fourths (or whatevers).

post #60200 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post

I want to ask my question here hoping this will give me better answer. 



After getting my Park Avenue in Black, I'm looking to get Fifth Avenue in Brown. This will be for Navy suit at a wedding. Which color would be good with Navy suit in Fifth Avenue? http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF5705_1_40000000001_-1?style=5737
  • Bourbon Calf
  • Walnut Calf
  • Dark Chili
  • Brown Burnished Calf

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

They will all go with a navy suit and look good doing it. Walnut is the least versatile and will stand out the most. People will notice your shoes from a distance. Good thing they are nice shoes! Brown is the most versatile and the least noticeable. Chili and bourbon are my favorites. If I still couldn't decide, I would bring my shirt (and tie if wearing one) into it. Then feel like Mike Epps on the night before the first day of school: He would lay out his outfit and say "ooooh I'm gonna kill 'em tomorrow!"
post #60201 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post


They will all go with a navy suit and look good doing it.

 

:nodding: 

post #60202 of 70737
Does anyone have any experience with the Sturgis boot? I was curious if they would be resilient enough to be used as work boots. I'm tired of using glued on outsole and cheap leather boots made in China. They look beautiful, but I don't know how tough they are! I would hate to destroy such a wonderful boot!

I'm over due for a set of work boots, and these are on sale now. I could get some danners, but I'm currently loving my AE products.

Thanks!
Edited by TryingToGrowUp - 6/7/15 at 7:51pm
post #60203 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToGrowUp View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the Stugis boot? I was curious if they would be resilient enough to be used as work boots. I'm tired of using glued on outsole and cheap leather boots made in China. They look beautiful, but I don't know how tough they are! I would hate to destroy such a wonderful boot!

I'm over due for a set of work boots, and these are on sale now. I could get some danners, but I'm currently loving my AE products.

Thanks!

I think they're probably pretty hearty.
post #60204 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post


They will all go with a navy suit and look good doing it. Walnut is the least versatile and will stand out the most. People will notice your shoes from a distance. Good thing they are nice shoes! Brown is the most versatile and the least noticeable. Chili and bourbon are my favorites. If I still couldn't decide, I would bring my shirt (and tie if wearing one) into it. Then feel like Mike Epps on the night before the first day of school: He would lay out his outfit and say "ooooh I'm gonna kill 'em tomorrow!"


+1 - from the guy who sells suits all day - solid advice all around

post #60205 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToGrowUp View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the Stugis boot? I was curious if they would be resilient enough to be used as work boots. I'm tired of using glued on outsole and cheap leather boots made in China. They look beautiful, but I don't know how tough they are! I would hate to destroy such a wonderful boot!

I'm over due for a set of work boots, and these are on sale now. I could get some danners, but I'm currently loving my AE products.

Thanks!


I wear mine in the field, IE light landscaping, walking across grass/wooded properties, but,if stuck in the mud so to speak I'd choose the Danners every time.  Buy the Sturgis on sale but leave room in the closet for another pair o Danners too.

post #60206 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

For all of you out there who enjoyed my previous posts of my two pair of Voyagers,  I also have a pair of the Voyager's cousin, the Desert Mountain, which I wore today.  Here's the Desert Mountain, enjoy..........


......these weren't even Seconds.   They were Thiirds or Fourths (or whatever) but I still can't figure out what made them Thirds or Fourths (or whatevers).


I tried those myself - I found TTS pretty damn tight with the orthotic.  Not bad "sneakers" though if they fit.

post #60207 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzrhwinnj View Post
 


I wear mine in the field, IE light landscaping, walking across grass/wooded properties, but,if stuck in the mud so to speak I'd choose the Danners every time.  Buy the Sturgis on sale but leave room in the closet for another pair o Danners too.


Red Wings FTW...

post #60208 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToGrowUp View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the Stugis boot? I was curious if they would be resilient enough to be used as work boots. I'm tired of using glued on outsole and cheap leather boots made in China. They look beautiful, but I don't know how tough they are! I would hate to destroy such a wonderful boot!

I'm over due for a set of work boots, and these are on sale now. I could get some danners, but I'm currently loving my AE products.

Thanks!

 

Sounds to me like you might do well with a Red Wing Beckman. Beckman's are very, very tough and still take a shine, made in the USA, Goodyear Welted.

post #60209 of 70737

Shell townley mundy:

 

9JBbuMP.jpg

post #60210 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post


They will all go with a navy suit and look good doing it. Walnut is the least versatile and will stand out the most. People will notice your shoes from a distance. Good thing they are nice shoes! Brown is the most versatile and the least noticeable. Chili and bourbon are my favorites.

Thanks.. when you say Brown is the most versatile, you mean Brown Burnished Calf? I see lot of folks referring "Brown Fifth Avenue shoes" and I hope they all mean Brown Burnished as in general everything is variant of a Brown color. 

 

So, your choice - First Brown Burnished then followed by Chili and Bourbon.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...