Haha I knew I'd get shit for them. It's my first week still feeling out the dress code...don't know if I can go no socks with a suit every day. Maybe if Friday's are casual ? But I'm guessing it's suit every day.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 12:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4005post #60061 of 707376/3/15 at 4:03pmpost #60062 of 707376/3/15 at 4:08pmpost #60063 of 707376/3/15 at 4:17pmpost #60064 of 707376/3/15 at 4:19pmpost #60065 of 707376/3/15 at 4:27pmpost #60066 of 707376/3/15 at 5:08pmpost #60067 of 707376/3/15 at 6:20pmQuote:
Yeah it is. A lot of people I've spoken to have said that the independence collection shoes fit them true to size, but I wouldn't want to feed you information that isn't true for me personally. I have those two pairs of Harrisons, 2 pairs of Jeffersons and a pair of Rutledges and all five fit me snug with 8D, and I'm an 8.5D.post #60068 of 707376/3/15 at 6:28pmThanks for the replies! Couple more questions.... The part where stitching is in pic1, is that called welt? Is that replaceable?Quote:Originally Posted by newbee
Hello Forum, I am a newbee who was able to score an AE seconds Strand. The right foot has some defects and I wanted to check the following:
1. How significant / severe can the damage be?
2. Can it be repaired if needed with re-crafting etc?
I am uploading the pics below and both of these defects are on the right foot. Thanks in advance!
Defect 1: Bad Stitching around the inner perimeter of the welt (I guess that's what it’s called, is that right?) above the heel.
I can see some strands of thread coming out. Do you think the thread will break in after some wear?
Defect 2: Uneven margin around the stitch underneath the sole.post #60069 of 707376/3/15 at 6:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Count de Monet
Navy Maritimes arrived today. As others have noted, they really are navy, not dark blue, could be mistaken for black indoors. My high instep notices the somewhat low vamp but not enough to change from my regular 10.5E's. The Horween CXL is better than the leather in my 9 year old Sperry Gold Cups (and 10 x better than that on the current Gold Cups). The padding is perfectly acceptable (to me) for a boat shoe (though I've never owned a Rancourt).
A steal at the sale price. I'm really tempted to get a red pair, too.
I called in my order Monday afternoon to the Plano store. They were drop shipped from Wisconsin Tuesday with 1 day FedEx shipping at no extra charge. YMMV
Pictured below with RL X AE Sandersons.
Those look awesome! Is the length pretty consistent with your other AEs?
Edited by Brown Dynamite - 6/3/15 at 7:37pmpost #60070 of 707376/3/15 at 6:52pmpost #60071 of 707376/3/15 at 7:14pmQuote:
To be honest, you are nitpicking at this point and people are indulging you in it, I suspect because theyve quickly picked up on how paranoid you seem to about purchasing AE seconds, for what amounts to a steal of a deal, on a pair of shoes that look better than 98% of whatever other garbage most men wear...even with their supposed flaws...suit yourself...but if whatever defects those are supposed to have are unacceptable to you, I'd strongly suggest looking at some of the higher end brands in order to find a vmore or less perfect pair of shoes.post #60072 of 707376/3/15 at 7:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by harlequin782
To be honest, you are nitpicking at this point and people are indulging you in it, I suspect because theyve quickly picked up on how paranoid you seem to about purchasing AE seconds, for what amounts to a steal of a deal, on a pair of shoes that look better than 98% of whatever other garbage most men wear...even with their supposed flaws...suit yourself...but if whatever defects those are supposed to have are unacceptable to you, I'd strongly suggest looking at some of the higher end brands in order to find a vmore or less perfect pair of shoes.
Thanks.. I'm not nitpicking anymore. I'm happy with my shoes now.post #60073 of 707376/3/15 at 7:49pmQuote:
Yes, I think so. Heel to ball anyway.
I'd say ideally I'd need an "E and a half" in a 5 last shoe and these feel the same way. A little snug but the 10.5 EEE's were too loose. I figure between being CXL and essentially a blucher, they'll be fine.post #60074 of 707376/4/15 at 3:46amQuote:
I had basically dismissed the Maritime/Kirkwood since I figured I'd have the same trouble I always had with boat shoes - meaning if I go down a half size, I'm touching the front a little and going TTS they're way too big. That plus high arch would ruin the fit. But I guess if you're saying they're a little long plus you're ok with your normal width (arch-wise), I'm finally going to cave and try the Kirkwood. I'll post how that works out. I have a really hard time with most of the loafer styles where high arch prevents me from even getting the shoe on in my normal size - but since the Nashuas were ok for me, I'm thinking CXL will probably work too.post #60075 of 707376/4/15 at 3:53am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Nigel Cabourn 6 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 47 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway