Any info out there about the tent sale?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3999post #59972 of 707376/2/15 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Maxy
I was excited to get my first pair of AE Park Avenue. It was from Shoebank and possibly factory seconds. I got the shoe today and I find the shoe not finished well and some threads and roughness. Please have a look. Is it worth to keep this or return and buy from AE directly?
1) There is a thread knot at the left side above the heel.
2) Right leg
3) Left leg
4) Curve edge, unfinished
5) Threads are not clean on both the shoe bottoms.
Please need suggestions.. Thanks.
those are damn fine looking, don't know what you are complaining about. They look better than a lot of firsts.post #59973 of 707376/2/15 at 9:27amQuote:
Exactly! All of the "issues" the OP pointed out were perfectly normal and not flaws at all. It looks like the left toe cap is askew. THAT seems like it would be the defect.post #59974 of 707376/2/15 at 9:36amGot caught in a light drizzle this morning in a new pair of Moras and have a ton of small water spots all over. They're everwhere and quite visible. I see a lot of advice on how to get salt stains out, but what about plain ole' rain that immediately leaves marks?
TIApost #59975 of 707376/2/15 at 9:40ampost #59976 of 707376/2/15 at 9:47amQuote:
That's how AEs look. If you want better finishing and neater stitching, prepare to spend 5 times as much for s pair of Edward Greens. The slanted toe cap would be my issue.post #59977 of 707376/2/15 at 9:50amAlmost all AE shoes have some kind of visual issue, especially at the point where the welt is joined.
Can't believe you are analyzing these seconds like they're firsts, or like they're supposed to be finished at the level of Edward Green or G&G.
You knowingly bought flawed shoes - if you don't like the cosmetic defects, return them and buy firsts. Just hope the firsts are better, but that's not always a guarantee.post #59978 of 707376/2/15 at 9:55ampost #59979 of 707376/2/15 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by MaxyQuote:Originally Posted by RitchieBro
those are damn fine looking, don't know what you are complaining about. They look better than a lot of firsts.
That thread knot in the first pic is bothering me the most. Also 2&3 pics finishing at the first lace holes. Rest 4&5 can be ignored.
1, 2, and 3 you will find on all of AE's (2 and 3 are for balmorals mainly) #1 is where the welt starts and stops. Its going to be a natural spot of inconsistency and some look far worse than others, but its there on almost all goodyear welted shoes, unless your going across the pond to get shoes.
For being 2nds those looks pretty darn awesome. Especially if gotten for less than normal 2nds pricing. 2nds buying is a great way to get some fantastic deals on some quality shoes. As long as your willing to tolerate some minor imperfections. If your looking for an absolutely perfect pair, then you need to look at retail 1sts. And even then, you'll be looking really hard to find one that meets that criteria.post #59980 of 707376/2/15 at 10:00amI'll pile on a bit more and say that the issues that you're fretting about:
1) don't affect the integrity of the shoe
2) for someone to notice them, they'd have to be staring at your shoes for a substantial amount of time at a distance that would be closer than eye level when standing
I'd be ecstatic if those were the only issues a pair of seconds had.post #59981 of 707376/2/15 at 10:23ampost #59982 of 707376/2/15 at 10:25ampost #59983 of 707376/2/15 at 10:28ampost #59984 of 707376/2/15 at 10:34amQuote:
LOL...and I forgot the smiley face at the end....I really didn't mean to come of as a douche canoepost #59985 of 707376/2/15 at 10:48am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 28 seconds ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › SECRET SANTA 2016: THE OFFICIAL THREAD! 7 minutes ago
- › Naked & Famous Elephant 2 Revenge Weird Guy Size 33 (runs large) 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...