Allen Edmonds is my go-to shoe. The quality is great for the price, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3995post #59912 of 707375/30/15 at 6:02pmpost #59913 of 707375/30/15 at 6:06pm
So far I have the Park Avenue (Black) and Delray (Chili)
Looking for my next pair of Allen Edmonds, something versatile
Strands (Walnut) vs Mcallister (Merlot or a different color) ? Or if someone can recommend a short wing blucher (don't see any on their site).
Thanks.post #59914 of 707375/30/15 at 6:16pmQuote:
AE isn't doing a good shortwing blucher right now (only the one that's part of the road warrior collection). They are bringing back the Player's Shoe at some point, but who knows when.
Walnut Strand is not versatile. Great shoe, but not versatile. I'd recommend the Cambridge in burgundy shell cordovan, the McAllister in merlot or the Strand in dark chili (Strand in dark chili is technically Nordstrom exclusive but you can easily order through your favorite SA at AE).
Here are my Dark Chili Strands:
But if you really want a shortwing blucher, you can look into these Aldens, which I did just buy a pair of today...post #59915 of 707375/30/15 at 6:57pmQuote:Can't go wrong with walnut strand of Merlot Mcallister. I find I wear the Mcallister in Merlot more.post #59916 of 707375/30/15 at 7:13pmQuote:Merlot Macs are a good choice if you're wearing suits a lot, but any wardrobe needs a good basic brown shoe, and the Lexington in dark brown burnished will be about as versatile a shoe as you can buy. It goes with trousers khakis, darker denim, and in a pinch, suits as well.post #59917 of 707375/30/15 at 8:44pmpost #59918 of 707375/30/15 at 8:48pmQuote:
Merlot McAllister will suit you nicely. It's versatile and is very much meant for suits as well as the dressier end of business casual.
If you do decide that you are interested in shell, and you are willing to wait, the AE shoe bank will be running a tent sale soon, and you might be able to snag some burgundy shell Cambridges or burgundy shell MacNeils if you don't mind them being seconds. Not sure what the seconds pricing will be on shell, but it was just down to $399 during the memorial day shoebank sale.post #59919 of 707375/30/15 at 9:10pmpost #59920 of 707375/30/15 at 9:12pmpost #59921 of 707375/30/15 at 11:02pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
I haven't tried them, but am interested in this answer as well. I usually use either an orthotic or at least a cushioned insert in most of my AE shoes, but would not be doing so with a pair of Maritimes/Kirkwoods (which I am planning on purchasing soon), so it throws my sizing all off anyway.
I am roughly an 8.25D on the brannock and went with an 8D in my Maritime. I feel like a half size down from brannock would be ideal for most.post #59922 of 707375/31/15 at 2:11pmQuote:
I actually get watch straps from Europelli (I have a Panerai GMT watch), and they have a good selection of colors, but still it would be nice to have an EXACT match for the AE shoes, like is offered with the belts. But still, I'm not suffering tooooooo much with Europelli:post #59923 of 707375/31/15 at 2:33pmpost #59924 of 707375/31/15 at 2:54pmHad a nice visit in the Plano, TX store today. Was told they'd been honoring the Father's Day Sale price for the Maritime for over a week. My normal size probably would have worked, despite my high instep, but they will need to order me an E. I just need to pick a color. The dark green looked surprisingly good, the navy would be more versitility, but I'm starting to think I'm might just say, "oh screw it" and go for the red.
Of course, if I were a real playa, I get 2 or 3 colors. Horween CXL for $125 is one of the better first quality bargains AE has had for a while.post #59925 of 707375/31/15 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Count de Monet
Had a nice visit in the Plano, TX store today. Was told they'd been honoring the Father's Day Sale price for the Maritime for over a week. My normal size probably would have worked, despite my high instep, but they will need to order me an E. I just need to pick a color. The dark green looked surprisingly good, the navy would be more versitility, but I'm starting to think I'm might just say, "oh screw it" and go for the red.
Of course, if I were a real playa, I get 2 or 3 colors. Horween CXL for $125 is one of the better first quality bargains AE has had for a while.
I've never actually bought from a brick and mortar AE store, nor worked with an SA from one (I do not live near either an AE store or an AE outlet, although I have dealt over the phone with the Jeffersonville outlet people). Would I, in theory, be able to just call up a random AE store and ask about getting a pair of Maritimes at the $125 price, say, tomorrow?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 54 seconds ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina Inca 7.5Uk Burgundy - FINAL PRICE DROP $225.00 with shipping 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway