or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3971  

post #59551 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post

Getting ready to pull the trigger on some tan saddle Gobis. How does the 809 last compare to the 511? I've got the Long Branch in a 12 D that's a touch bigger/wider than I'd like, but OK with wool socks. The 809 looks like it may be wider. I'm thinking 11.5 D for the Gobi, but if it's significantly larger, I may drop down to 11D and see how that goes. 

Not really near an AE store to try it on, and am hoping to avoid the restocking fee if I have to return.

FYI, I'm sort of in between an 11.5 D and a 12 D on the 65 last, and have gone with a 12 for all of mine (Strand, McTavish, Black Hills, Park Avenue) and the only one I probably should have gone with an 11.5 on was the McTavish.
You and I are the same size, and I say stick with the 12 in the Gobi.
post #59552 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 

Getting ready to pull the trigger on some tan saddle Gobis. How does the 809 last compare to the 511? I've got the Long Branch in a 12 D that's a touch bigger/wider than I'd like, but OK with wool socks. The 809 looks like it may be wider. I'm thinking 11.5 D for the Gobi, but if it's significantly larger, I may drop down to 11D and see how that goes. 

 

Not really near an AE store to try it on, and am hoping to avoid the restocking fee if I have to return.

 

FYI, I'm sort of in between an 11.5 D and a 12 D on the 65 last, and have gone with a 12 for all of mine (Strand, McTavish, Black Hills, Park Avenue) and the only one I probably should have gone with an 11.5 on was the McTavish.

I order both my 5-last and a half size down (same width) in the snuff suede Gobi's. Ended up going with the smaller size, but some of that had to do with the way suede will stretch more than calf. 

 

What about ordering both sizes and returning one? If it is off the shoebank, $10 is not much to spend to ensure a good fit.

post #59553 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

 

 

 

I just picked up these AE "Melrose" loafers for almost nothing. I cannot find much info on them online. Anyone here that can shed some light on them for me? TIA.

 

These were on the 0 last.  The Evanston, Manhattan, and Greenwich were also on this last.  Love the fit of the 0 last!

post #59554 of 70737

Any 8.5D wearers that want an incredible deal on AE shell, check my sig.

post #59555 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

 

These were on the 0 last.  The Evanston, Manhattan, and Greenwich were also on this last.  Love the fit of the 0 last!


Thanks @DJTraveler. Great info!

post #59556 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I have a wedding to attend in June. I'm wearing a grey suit but it's not charcoal or light grey, I'd say it's in between. Would walnut strands be too light? Granted it's now darker because I did polish them so it's not walnut out of the box

Anyone?
post #59557 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

These were on the 0 last.  The Evanston, Manhattan, and Greenwich were also on this last.  Love the fit of the 0 last!

AE Boston single monk was also on this last.
post #59558 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Anyone?


If you are part of the wedding party, then no, your dress should be muted in comparison to the bride and groom. Wear dark brown or black. If you are just an attendee, then wear chuck taylors if you want. 

post #59559 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Starting out the week with the, I think, discontinued burgundy/black Sheltons:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
seeCjs6.jpg

 

 

:fonz:

post #59560 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Anyone?


If you are part of the wedding party, then no, your dress should be muted in comparison to the bride and groom. Wear dark brown or black. If you are just an attendee, then wear chuck taylors if you want

 

Facetious, right?

post #59561 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Facetious, right?


Hyperbolic maybe, the point is that it all depends what his function is ar the wedding. If he is on stage, the rules are different than if he is sitting 26 rows back in a church pew.

post #59562 of 70737
Sigh
post #59563 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Facetious, right?


Hyperbolic maybe, the point is that it all depends what his function is ar the wedding. If he is on stage, the rules are different than if he is sitting 26 rows back in a church pew.

 

I don't mean to sound snarky, but if you really think it's ever OK to wear Chucks to a wedding, then what are you doing in this thread?  I don't think I'm going out on a limb here by saying that everyone in this thread appreciates fine footwear and looks for every opportunity to show off their purchases.  If you're not going to wear nice shoes to a wedding, then what's the point of having them?

 

Just sayin' . . . 

post #59564 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Sigh

 

I think that walnut will look just fine with a medium grey suit. Although what the others have said about role in the wedding is something to take into account. I know you have other shoe options right? :)

post #59565 of 70737
Deleted. Wasn't kind. Apologies to all who saw.

Edited by shoelover - 5/18/15 at 10:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...