or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3955  

post #59311 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

Just bought brooks chili Warwick. These will be my first monks. I am looking forward to them.

 

Before I was signed in, a link on this took me to a pair on Ebay listed for $179. Are these legit or are they seconds? I've never considered Ebay when shopping for firsts.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-WARWICK-Loafers-10-5-D-Chili-383-/171783469114

post #59312 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post
 

 

Before I was signed in, a link on this took me to a pair on Ebay listed for $179. Are these legit or are they seconds? I've never considered Ebay when shopping for firsts.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-WARWICK-Loafers-10-5-D-Chili-383-/171783469114

 

 

Oops...now that I click again I see the side of the shoe is blown out. So much for that money saving strategy.

post #59313 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post
 

 

Before I was signed in, a link on this took me to a pair on Ebay listed for $179. Are these legit or are they seconds? I've never considered Ebay when shopping for firsts.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-WARWICK-Loafers-10-5-D-Chili-383-/171783469114

 

The seller is legit, I have bought a couple pair from him without any issues. But yes, you need to look at all pics because he usually has some rough ones!

post #59314 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post

Before I was signed in, a link on this took me to a pair on Ebay listed for $179. Are these legit or are they seconds? I've never considered Ebay when shopping for firsts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-WARWICK-Loafers-10-5-D-Chili-383-/171783469114

Good seller. Many of the shoes are thirds (no warranty), but there are some good deals. Look closely at the photos.
post #59315 of 70737
Just received a pair of Bourbon Carlyles today from this seller. They are thirds but MUCH better than expected. They had a fair bit of black on the toe of the right shoe which I expected to be edge dressing. Luckily it was nothing more than some (very) sloppy burnishing. A little Renomat cleared the blemish right up. I feel I got a tremendous deal at $120.
post #59316 of 70737

It's hit or miss with that guy. He has some shoes that are absolutely trashed (uppers separated from the welt, massive gashes in the heel, etc.), but some are not too bad at all.


Edited by JSO1 - 5/12/15 at 8:42am
post #59317 of 70737

I posted a while back about looking for some black stitch cap toes. I was looking for something sleek with somewhat of a European shape. I really like the 108 last (have the Clifton in brown and burg.) but there isn't a stitch cap on that last currently and the PA doesn't really suit me. A few of my fellow forum members suggested Meermin or Loake 1800. (The AS, CJ and others are out of my price range) I have found a pair from each I am interested in and would like to hear a few opinions. Anyone have experience with these?  Thanks!!

 

 

Meermin 101198 - Black Calf, Hiro last, $210 shipped

WWW_2033_133.png

 

Loake 1800 Aldwych, Capital last, $277 shipped

Loake-Loake%20Aldwych-Black%20Calf-2388-1288-1_med.jpg

post #59318 of 70737

Asking about other brands in the AE thread isn't really going to get you a lot of replies.

 

You could also consider the Allen Edmonds for Joseph A. Bank "Boardroom". It's a Park Avenue, but on the 7 last instead. It's not as sleek as the 8 last, but it is sleeker in the toe than the 5 last.

 

You could also consider the Harrison, which is on the very European 333 last.

post #59319 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post

I posted a while back about looking for some black stitch cap toes. I was looking for something sleek with somewhat of a European shape. I really like the 108 last (have the Clifton in brown and burg.) but there isn't a stitch cap on that last currently and the PA doesn't really suit me. A few of my fellow forum members suggested Meermin or Loake 1800. (The AS, CJ and others are out of my price range) I have found a pair from each I am interested in and would like to hear a few opinions. Anyone have experience with these?  Thanks!!


Meermin 101198 - Black Calf, Hiro last, $210 shipped
WWW_2033_133.png


Loake 1800 Aldwych, Capital last, $277 shipped
Loake-Loake%20Aldwych-Black%20Calf-2388-1288-1_med.jpg

Just to add to what JS01 said, you can also look for AE Soho. It's a discontinued model but you might be able to find one if you look around.
post #59320 of 70737
I'm thinking about picking up a pair of burgundy loafers. The shoebank has a pretty good selection in my size. I don't any experience with AE loafers. Which of the following do you guys like best?

Ascher
Kenwood
Patriot
Randolph
Scottsdale
Westchester (cordovan)

I wish they had this selection in burgundy bluchers.
post #59321 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfo2010 View Post

I posted a while back about looking for some black stitch cap toes. I was looking for something sleek with somewhat of a European shape. I really like the 108 last (have the Clifton in brown and burg.) but there isn't a stitch cap on that last currently and the PA doesn't really suit me. A few of my fellow forum members suggested Meermin or Loake 1800. (The AS, CJ and others are out of my price range) I have found a pair from each I am interested in and would like to hear a few opinions. Anyone have experience with these?  Thanks!!

Is perforated captoe out of the question? Isn't the Nathan on the 8 last? +1 for Harrison.
post #59322 of 70737

Okay, guys. I need some help. I have spent the last couple of years buying shoes without a real plan. I want your help to tell me what my shoe wardrobe lacks and what is superfluous. What should I sell and what do I need that I don't currently have?

My current line up is as follows:

Gobi in snuff suede
Dalton in Walnut and OxBlood
Leeds in Black Cordovan and Brown Calf
MacNeil in #8 Cordovan
Vintage Gold Bond blutcher in #8 cordovan
Hinsdale loafer in #8 cordovan
Vernon in Chili Calf
Lexington in Walnut calf
Norwich in black calf
Bradley in black calf
McTavish in black calf
Strand in brown calf

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #59323 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post
 

Okay, guys. I need some help. I have spent the last couple of years buying shoes without a real plan. I want your help to tell me what my shoe wardrobe lacks and what is superfluous. What should I sell and what do I need that I don't currently have?

My current line up is as follows:

Gobi in snuff suede
Dalton in Walnut and OxBlood
Leeds in Black Cordovan and Brown Calf
MacNeil in #8 Cordovan
Vintage Gold Bond blutcher in #8 cordovan
Hinsdale loafer in #8 cordovan
Vernon in Chili Calf
Lexington in Walnut calf
Norwich in black calf
Bradley in black calf
McTavish in black calf
Strand in brown calf

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Do you have a set rotation?

post #59324 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post
 

Do you have a set rotation?

post #59325 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post
 

Do you have a set rotation?


No

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...