Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3930post #58937 of 707374/30/15 at 8:58ampost #58938 of 707374/30/15 at 9:04amI wasn't able to find a good fit on the new last, as there was just too much volume. For me, ball to fit was about the same as my other AE sizes but it was much wider. If I had to make a suggestion I'd say definitely half size down... and only up on width if you are on the wider side of your current fit and/or have really tall arches.post #58939 of 707374/30/15 at 9:10amBrooks Presidio? Definitely go for it, great shoe.
ok, sarcasm aside, not sure how familiar you are with the 222 last, but the presidio's taper makes it really narrow. For me, down one half size in length and up in width worked well. Note the width increase was because of high arch issues - the top on these was on the low side and pressed down on me noticeably. My guess is that most people wouldn't like it. By the way, just to be explicit, I measure a c to d width and had to go with e just to get them on. And one more note, I found the san Marco in a d width to be pretty roomy.post #58940 of 707374/30/15 at 9:16amQuote:Originally Posted by csmitty
I noticed that as well and it seemed odd. Maybe since they're getting additional exposure now on the shoebank site. The linen Carlyle I got went up to $309 as well. If you call soon they will probably still honor it. A bit disappointing though as BB was always the best bargains.
Ooh you got some of those? Please post some pics when you get 'em. I thought about snagging a pair, then got busy and blammo - double the price! WTF?post #58941 of 707374/30/15 at 10:35amQuote:Originally Posted by harlequin782
Has anyone else got the feeling that when you send a slightly defective pair of AE's back to the warehouse to exchange for a new pair, that they dont actually send you a new pair of shoes, but rather they just patched up the original pair and resent them to you as a different "new pair"?...im pretty sure this happened with a pair I tried to exchange.
No, I don't think they send them back to you. But I do think they repackage them and sell them to someone else as "new". Some of the firsts I've received have been pretty sloppy.post #58942 of 707374/30/15 at 2:08pmpost #58943 of 707374/30/15 at 2:43pmpost #58944 of 707374/30/15 at 3:27pmpost #58945 of 707374/30/15 at 3:53pmNot Allen Edmonds, but, wow.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181731134942post #58946 of 707374/30/15 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlphaDad
I'll call today. While on the subject of the Warwick and now that more time has passed since they've been released, perhaps more people have experience with the Warwick's fit on the new last. How do they fit? Previous posts advised to size down by a 1/2 size and increase width by one, D to an E. Is this verified?
I placed my order today for the Walnut burnished Warwicks. Fortunately AE honored the $159 pricetag. They were more than willing to honor the sale price, however, initially the rep said the shoes were never that price. With no fuss she said she would see if the $159 was accurate and moments later she honored the price.
So anyone who hesitated during the sale has another chance while they are honoring the sale prices, so act accordingly.post #58947 of 707374/30/15 at 7:39pmpost #58948 of 707374/30/15 at 7:56pmpost #58949 of 707374/30/15 at 8:06pmQuote:
Thanks a bunch for the reply. The reason I had asked is because the pull tab on my Daltons had slightly torn while I was putting them on for the first time. So I sent them back to exchange, and the "new" pair has returned within 2 weeks (whereas it took all of 6+ weeks for them to make the "original" pair) looking awfully familiar. Slight creases in the same spots on the shaft of the boot (from where I had tried them on). Very similar tongue misalignment. Plus, despite the fact that I requested a new pair be made, I cant really imagine them going through all the effort of creating a new pair just to repair 1 slight tear on 1 pull tab, with virtually flawless uppers and soles, when no one would really be watching in the factory, either way. I know theyre a company that prides itself on customer service, but realistically, they are also a budget (but quality) shoe maker...so I cant imagine that they wouldnt want to cut some corners where they can, when no one is watching.post #58950 of 707374/30/15 at 9:56pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Brunello Cucinelli Blazer 38/48 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar shell LHS 9.5C 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...