or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3926  

post #58876 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post


You should have asked this question yesterday at the very latest!!!
I didn't realize it ended yesterday.
post #58877 of 70737

The guys at the 55th and Madison store are very helpful.

post #58878 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post


You should have asked this question yesterday at the very latest!!!

My store said they would honor the sale till the end of the week.
post #58879 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post


You should have asked this question yesterday at the very latest!!!

My store said they would honor the sale till the end of the week.

I was told the same by their customer service email rep. For whatever reason (maybe it's happening to others as well), the website didn't let me check out last night when I tried to order some Heritages.
post #58880 of 70737
Hang with me guys. Sorry if this i the wrong place. I will move my post if it is smile.gif

So i've tried getting some Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. When I was in the US I had the chance to try their normal D sizing which were way to tight, even though my feets according to the size guide said I was a 10,5D. High arch might be a part of the cause.

Back in Europe I found a web store which had the Park Avenues, but only in "2E". So I ordered 10,5EE and 10EE.

Now, the 10,5EE were to big (felt very loose/roomy in the heel).

The 10EE seems quite nice though. But I would really appreciate some expert advice smile.gif

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/4iQmd

My observations are the following:
* How does the V on the lacing look? Should it be narrower or wider?
* Is my toe properly aligned (toenail under my finger, see picture)
* When walking, the heel slips a tad. Really not much. (Heel is a little bit roomy?) Might disappear after the sole have been softened by some use?
* No apparent gap in the back
* If I lean my foot hard to the right or left a slight gap appears in the sides (see pictures)
* Compared to my Loake Churchill shoes (which fits me perfect), the Allen Edmonds actually seems smaller - both shorter and narrower (even though my worry is the PAs being to wide/roomy)

Should I go for it, or return them?

Thanks!
post #58881 of 70737
Maiden voyage today for my burgundy shell Leeds 👍
post #58882 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxer View Post

Hang with me guys. Sorry if this i the wrong place. I will move my post if it is smile.gif

So i've tried getting some Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. When I was in the US I had the chance to try their normal D sizing which were way to tight, even though my feets according to the size guide said I was a 10,5D. High arch might be a part of the cause.

Back in Europe I found a web store which had the Park Avenues, but only in "2E". So I ordered 10,5EE and 10EE.

Now, the 10,5EE were to big (felt very loose/roomy in the heel).

The 10EE seems quite nice though. But I would really appreciate some expert advice smile.gif

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/4iQmd

My observations are the following:
* How does the V on the lacing look? Should it be narrower or wider?
* Is my toe properly aligned (toenail under my finger, see picture)
* When walking, the heel slips a tad. Really not much. (Heel is a little bit roomy?) Might disappear after the sole have been softened by some use?
* No apparent gap in the back
* If I lean my foot hard to the right or left a slight gap appears in the sides (see pictures)
* Compared to my Loake Churchill shoes (which fits me perfect), the Allen Edmonds actually seems smaller - both shorter and narrower (even though my worry is the PAs being to wide/roomy)

Should I go for it, or return them?

Thanks!

 

To me it looks like a pretty good fit. You might want to try 10.5E if you can find it. The shoes look like they might be a touch short, but if you're pinky toes feel okay, it's fine. 

 

The gaps when leaning are kind of inevitable since the shoe is flexing on your weight. 

 

Lastly, the V looks fine and should close up with more wear as the stretches. 

post #58883 of 70737

I recently purchased my first pair of AE (park aves) and have worn them twice for extended periods. However, I am noticing a little tightness on the outside of my foot near my toes after walking/standing for a bit. I'm pretty sure the length is fine (no slipping in the heels). Do you think they might be too narrow, or do they just need more time to break in? They seem not to be too narrow elsewhere in the shoe, though...

post #58884 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Maiden voyage today for my burgundy shell Leeds 👍 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Fantastic!

post #58885 of 70737

It sounds like you have already worn them outside, so no returning? I'd wear them some more and see if they didnt losen up, they should to an extent. If they dont, that last might not work for you, you might need a last that offers a wider toe box.

 

For now though, I'd say continue wearing and see if they dont get better.

post #58886 of 70737
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Maiden voyage today for my burgundy shell Leeds 👍

 

These look awesome...

 

For me, it's maiden voyage of shell strands...

 

post #58887 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

These look awesome...

 

For me, it's maiden voyage of shell strands...

 

Very nice!  The shine makes them look metallic, like copper.

post #58888 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post
 

Very nice!  The shine makes them look metallic, like copper.


thanks, they aren't looking as shiny in real. It's the lighting here, but yeah they are more brownish and not as dark as seen on AE website

post #58889 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabru View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Maiden voyage today for my burgundy shell Leeds 👍 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

These look awesome...

 

For me, it's maiden voyage of shell strands...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

The Leeds look great JR; looking at some mahself...

 

Gabru your brown shell Strands are BOSS. Where'd you find the laces?

I want some to go in mine (for their maiden voyage!). Beautiful color on those.

post #58890 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxer View Post

Hang with me guys. Sorry if this i the wrong place. I will move my post if it is smile.gif

So i've tried getting some Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. When I was in the US I had the chance to try their normal D sizing which were way to tight, even though my feets according to the size guide said I was a 10,5D. High arch might be a part of the cause.

Back in Europe I found a web store which had the Park Avenues, but only in "2E". So I ordered 10,5EE and 10EE.

Now, the 10,5EE were to big (felt very loose/roomy in the heel).

The 10EE seems quite nice though. But I would really appreciate some expert advice smile.gif

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/4iQmd

My observations are the following:
* How does the V on the lacing look? Should it be narrower or wider?
* Is my toe properly aligned (toenail under my finger, see picture)
* When walking, the heel slips a tad. Really not much. (Heel is a little bit roomy?) Might disappear after the sole have been softened by some use?
* No apparent gap in the back
* If I lean my foot hard to the right or left a slight gap appears in the sides (see pictures)
* Compared to my Loake Churchill shoes (which fits me perfect), the Allen Edmonds actually seems smaller - both shorter and narrower (even though my worry is the PAs being to wide/roomy)

Should I go for it, or return them?

Thanks!


They look good. If they're comfortable, stick with them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...