or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3895  

post #58411 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


I've had a pair of Park Avenues for the last five years. They've been my go-to for funerals, black tie, job interviews -- I even got married in 'em. Then in January I ordered a pair of black Carlyles with a Dainite sole, since I'm in a tuxedo often and sometimes the weather is nasty.

For me it's no contest. The Carlyle is a much sleeker shoe in every way; I'm happy to lose the captoe if it means my feet look that much better otherwise. If I wore a suit to work every day I could see the utility in having two different pairs of black balmorals, but as it is the Park Aves are now more or less relegated to the back of my closet.

 

I am on day 1 of these Carlyles, but so far I have to say I sort of agree.

post #58412 of 70737

Just picked up a pair of Strandmoks - not much love for them on this forum, but in person I think they really rock.  Almost the perfect jeans/casual shoe.  Love the look and texture of the leather much more than the natural chromexcel on models like the Oak Street or Clark Street. 

 

post #58413 of 70737

Some of you may recall that a month or so ago, I ordered a pair of Dark Chili Strands (first quality) during the Nordstrom sale (price-matched by my SA). I received them, and was extremely unhappy with the level of "tiger-striping" on the vamp, so I had them sent back for a replacement pair. The replacement pair had the same issue. At this point, I gave up and and returned them, putting the credit towards a different pair of AE shoes.

 

Having been twice burned by bad quality control on their first quality pairs, I wrote a somewhat lengthy rant here, along with a review on the AE website indicating my displeasure with the quality issues of late. I received a response from their customer service department. I don't want to get into the nitty-gritty details, but customer service really stepped up and made the situation, and I am extremely pleased with how they took care of my concerns. I received my fresh pair today, and pictures are below. I really think this is the best shoe AE makes, and the best color, too. Very pleased.

 

 

 

 

 

post #58414 of 70737

Now I want a pair of Dark Chili Strands haha.  Congrats on your acquisition!

post #58415 of 70737
Those are super versatile. Sucks it took 3 cracks at it. But does show AE cares.
post #58416 of 70737

Awesome pics, and awesome shoes. 

 

I suppose now I need to add those to my list, too.

post #58417 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyort1 View Post
 

Just picked up a pair of Strandmoks - not much love for them on this forum, but in person I think they really rock.  Almost the perfect jeans/casual shoe.  Love the look and texture of the leather much more than the natural chromexcel on models like the Oak Street or Clark Street. 

 

 

I actually really like the Strandmok. I convinced a friend of mine to pick up a pair as his first pair of "quality" shoes, and he's loving them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Dreadmon View Post
 

Now I want a pair of Dark Chili Strands haha.  Congrats on your acquisition!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCal View Post

Those are super versatile. Sucks it took 3 cracks at it. But does show AE cares.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post
 

Awesome pics, and awesome shoes. 

 

I suppose now I need to add those to my list, too.

 

Thank you, gents. I am really thrilled with the way this pair turned out.

post #58418 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyort1 View Post

Just picked up a pair of Strandmoks - not much love for them on this forum, but in person I think they really rock.  Almost the perfect jeans/casual shoe.  Love the look and texture of the leather much more than the natural chromexcel on models like the Oak Street or Clark Street. 



I really like the Strandmok in that color. If I didn't have the Rush Streets, I would have picked up a pair like yours.

Chris
post #58419 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


I really like the Strandmok in that color. If I didn't have the Rush Streets, I would have picked up a pair like yours.

Chris


Thanks!  I really like that the leather is really soft and just completely conforms to my foot - there is zero break in for these uppers.  It's a textured, soft leather that is pretty awesome, and looks amazing (at least to me).  Plus it's unlined, mostly, so it's a lot cooler than my fully lined walnut Strands.  Great spring/summer shoe.  Not too sure about the laces though.  I might get some maroon ones to match the dainite sole, or some dark brown ones to match the welting. 

post #58420 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyort1 View Post
 


Thanks!  I really like that the leather is really soft and just completely conforms to my foot - there is zero break in for these uppers.  It's a textured, soft leather that is pretty awesome, and looks amazing (at least to me).  Plus it's unlined, mostly, so it's a lot cooler than my fully lined walnut Strands.  Great spring/summer shoe.  Not too sure about the laces though.  I might get some maroon ones to match the dainite sole, or some dark brown ones to match the welting. 

 

I have the Neumoks in "Acorn Hillfire" (currently a Nordstrom exclusive), but I believe they use the same leather. It's fantastic. Very susceptible to indigo/denim stains, though, so be careful.

post #58421 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

I have the Neumoks in "Acorn Hillfire" (currently a Nordstrom exclusive), but I believe they use the same leather. It's fantastic. Very susceptible to indigo/denim stains, though, so be careful.


How would I get those out, if they happen?  And how do I guard against that?

post #58422 of 70737

Nice pair of strands.

post #58423 of 70737
I was just about to say that I would really love it if they made the strands on the 108 last, so that I would bye them in dark chili. That would be my ideal shoe to wear in many situations that require a suit, but do not require a black balmoral.

I just do not like the fit or the look of the 5 last.
post #58424 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I received my fresh pair today, and pictures are below. I really think this is the best shoe AE makes, and the best color, too. Very pleased. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)














Absolutely gorgeous!
post #58425 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Some of you may recall that a month or so ago, I ordered a pair of Dark Chili Strands (first quality) during the Nordstrom sale (price-matched by my SA). I received them, and was extremely unhappy with the level of "tiger-striping" on the vamp, so I had them sent back for a replacement pair. The replacement pair had the same issue. At this point, I gave up and and returned them, putting the credit towards a different pair of AE shoes.

Having been twice burned by bad quality control on their first quality pairs, I wrote a somewhat lengthy rant here, along with a review on the AE website indicating my displeasure with the quality issues of late. I received a response from their customer service department. I don't want to get into the nitty-gritty details, but customer service really stepped up and made the situation, and I am extremely pleased with how they took care of my concerns. I received my fresh pair today, and pictures are below. I really think this is the best shoe AE makes, and the best color, too. Very pleased.





Just ordered myself a pair of McAllister firsts from the sale. Your pics make me so glad I chose Dark Chili! J
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...