or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3894  

post #58396 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post


I'm a huge fan of the Dalton as well and look forward to future options beyond my single oxblood pair, but in the end my favorite shoe is a tossup between my burgundy Cambridge and walnut shell Strands.




That Cambridge is a great shoe, but the Shell Strand doesn't have a rival IMO. Cream of the crop.

post #58397 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post


That Cambridge is a great shoe, but the Shell Strand doesn't have a rival IMO. Cream of the crop.

I really enjoy them. My walnut shell is a darker, different color than walnut calf in most light and it is far more versatile for my needs as a result. My concern is wearing them too much as I'm already hurtling towards a recrafting after a little over a year's use, but so be it. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #58398 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post


I'm a huge fan of the Dalton as well and look forward to future options beyond my single oxblood pair, but in the end my favorite shoe is a tossup between my burgundy Cambridge and walnut shell Strands.


those walnut shell strands > all other AEs... :drool:

 

For me it's a toss up between my walnut shell daltons or my newly arrived brown shell strands... for me the Dalton and Strand are just my favorite AE models

post #58399 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

those walnut shell strands > all other AEs... :drool:

 

For me it's a toss up between my walnut shell daltons or my newly arrived brown shell strands... for me the Dalton and Strand are just my favorite AE models


Did you win the Strands on eBay? I just lost an auction for some brown shell Strands.

post #58400 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post
 


Did you win the Strands on eBay? I just lost an auction for some brown shell Strands.


Haha, nope, wasn't me!  I bought these from AE directly after lusting over them for some time... I did just score some burgundy shell Leeds on eBay though :hide:

post #58401 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 


Haha, nope, wasn't me!  I bought these from AE directly after lusting over them for some time... I did just score some burgundy shell Leeds on eBay though :hide:


Nice. My Leeds (brown calf with Gumlite sole) are my rain shoes. Very comfortable and the vibram sole holds up longer than leather in wet conditions.

post #58402 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 


Haha, nope, wasn't me!  I bought these from AE directly after lusting over them for some time... I did just score some burgundy shell Leeds on eBay though :hide:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post
 


Nice. My Leeds (brown calf with Gumlite sole) are my rain shoes. Very comfortable and the vibram sole holds up longer than leather in wet conditions.

 

 

Really like my burgundy shell Leeds too. Sun lightened, soles and welt converted. Need some new pics, I think they are even lighter now.

 

 

 

post #58403 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

 

 

 

Really like my burgundy shell Leeds too. Sun lightened, soles and welt converted. Need some new pics, I think they are even lighter now.

 

 

 


Really like the welt and soles. Is that the combat-looking sole?

post #58404 of 70737

Brooks Brothers Park Avenues seconds at $159 a once in a lifetime deal or will this come around again? Purchased 2 pairs of AE's in the last few days and may need to let me shoe budget recover a bit but if I can't get the PA's at this price ever again I'll need to pull the trigger.

post #58405 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post
 


Nice. My Leeds (brown calf with Gumlite sole) are my rain shoes. Very comfortable and the vibram sole holds up longer than leather in wet conditions.


I really need a pair like that to wear in rainy/foul weather - especially being in the midwest! 

 

@Burzan those turned out great!  Hopefully my pair are keepers to get nice color/patina like that :)

post #58406 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGY73 View Post
 

Brooks Brothers Park Avenues seconds at $159 a once in a lifetime deal or will this come around again? Purchased 2 pairs of AE's in the last few days and may need to let me shoe budget recover a bit but if I can't get the PA's at this price ever again I'll need to pull the trigger.


I'd consider that a good deal!  You rarely see PA seconds below $200 at the shoebank (that I know of).. Worth a shot I'd say

post #58407 of 70737


My Leeds

post #58408 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

 

 

 

Really like my burgundy shell Leeds too. Sun lightened, soles and welt converted. Need some new pics, I think they are even lighter now.

 

 

 

Really, really, really, really, really like these. Did you get them MTO, or are they a recrafting? By the way, I really like those.

post #58409 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post
 


Really like the welt and soles. Is that the combat-looking sole?

 

Toby mini lug tape outsole

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 

Really, really, really, really, really like these. Did you get them MTO, or are they a recrafting? By the way, I really like those.

 

 

Haha thanks! They were the standard burgundy shell Leeds + lots of time in the sun (4+ months on and off I think) + a trip to AE to have the welt and soles changed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #58410 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGY73 View Post

Brooks Brothers Park Avenues seconds at $159 a once in a lifetime deal or will this come around again? Purchased 2 pairs of AE's in the last few days and may need to let me shoe budget recover a bit but if I can't get the PA's at this price ever again I'll need to pull the trigger.


 



Pretty typical for the BB 2nds during sales. It happens a few times a year. Not a one time deal. Its most BB shoes as well. I got some Macneils for the same price a few months ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...