or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3886  

post #58276 of 70737

Purchased my first pair of real AE's, Walnut Strands, and wore them to work for the first time yesterday with dark gray slacks. Great shoe!

 

Ended up purchasing a pair of brown Kenilworth's from the Shoebank for $157 last night. I think I might be addicted to AE shoes now! :)

post #58277 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

First time trying out the "8" last. Hopefully they will work for my feet. AE Nathan in Walnut Calf:

 

How's the fit compare to the 5 last?

post #58278 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

 

I also got hit with the 'shell bug', and have been selling off a lot of my calf shoes as well.  My lone AE calfs are now my walnut strands & park ave... it's definitely an addiction ;)

 

As for the ravello comparisons, yours and my walnut shell Dalton's resemble more of the dubbed "brownvello" shade of ravello.  Though, ravello seems to have a wide variety of shades

 

Indeed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post

First time trying out the "8" last. Hopefully they will work for my feet. AE Nathan in Walnut Calf:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Very nice - congrats. The 8 last has a nice shape.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGY73 View Post
 

Purchased my first pair of real AE's, Walnut Strands, and wore them to work for the first time yesterday with dark gray slacks. Great shoe!

 

Ended up purchasing a pair of brown Kenilworth's from the Shoebank for $157 last night. I think I might be addicted to AE shoes now! :)

 

Welcome, and congrats. Both are good choices to start out with.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEgoiste View Post
 

 

How's the fit compare to the 5 last?

 

I think the 8 and 5 lasts are quite similar, but I personally have to size down in length and up in width when going from 8 to 5.

post #58279 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post

Yes they are. You could work at a carnival guessing shoe sizes!

Ha, not really. I recognized those seconds (with the imperfect leather on the toe cap on the left shoe) because I tried them on. I almost bought them smile.gif
post #58280 of 70737

Anybody besides me going crazy about the 333 last? Just bought some black custom calf larchmonts and my life is forever changed

post #58281 of 70737

I tried on AEs two years ago but just now decided to commit and buy my favorite shoes during the anniversary sale. As I live far away from a store, I printed the sizing guide. I measure out to be just longer than 10.5 and on the W8/W9 border. Two years ago, the AE salesman measured me as 11D, but according to my sizing experience with the printed paper, I'm thinking I should be an 11C. Does anyone have similar feet and experience with the Strands? Or recommendations on whether to go with the D width versus the C width?

post #58282 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post


Ha, not really. I recognized those seconds (with the imperfect leather on the toe cap on the left shoe) because I tried them on. I almost bought them smile.gif

I came in late to the AE game, so this was my last chance to get a 333 last cap-toe.  I watched them disappear once, (probably you), then when they popped back up, I decided to get them.

post #58283 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pettigrew View Post
 

Anybody besides me going crazy about the 333 last? Just bought some black custom calf larchmonts and my life is forever changed

Me! University and Harrison, here.  Maybe I could do a Larchmont in Bourbon...

post #58284 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post
 

Me! University and Harrison, here.  Maybe I could do a Larchmont in Bourbon...

You'd love them, they're so nice I'm considering getting them alongside my black pair. The Burnishing is unreal

post #58285 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pettigrew View Post

Anybody besides me going crazy about the 333 last? Just bought some black custom calf larchmonts and my life is forever changed

I just replaced my Park Aves with the Harrisons, which fit my high instep feet better.
post #58286 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pettigrew View Post
 

Anybody besides me going crazy about the 333 last? Just bought some black custom calf larchmonts and my life is forever changed

I may grab a university. How did you size?

post #58287 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEgoiste View Post
 

 

How's the fit compare to the 5 last?


In my opinion, super narrow.

post #58288 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post
 


In my opinion, super narrow.

 

I'm also of the opinion that 108 is narrower than 65.

post #58289 of 70737

I don't know about that for the 108...

 

 I couldn't get in a 8.5D in the 5 last, but I could put on an 8.5D 108 last.  333 in 8.5D was also decent, just a bit of pinky pinch.  I brannock 9.5 C/D FWIW.    It was a bit tight in the ball of the foot, but I think I could make it work, the 108...

 

My problem is I have a hard time filling the rear part of the shoe (throat, instep, heel).  Dropping a 1/2 size in a 5 last Derby might work, I've yet to try.

 

But I would think you can go same length for both lasts.  Width maybe not.  

post #58290 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

I think the 8 and 5 lasts are quite similar, but I personally have to size down in length and up in width when going from 8 to 5.

So, the 8 last is longer and narrower than the 5 last(?) Thanks for the info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...