or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3885  

post #58261 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbouchard87 View Post



This is why I love the Warwick in oxblood...wore them out with dark jeans Friday night...and they're back out again today with a blue suit.


Wow...these are obviously my mcalisters...wrong picture

post #58262 of 70737

Here is the Warwick oxblood and I was talking about the versatility.
post #58263 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by brill View Post

So whats the story with AE's ending up in Burlinton coat factory. Been to two burlingtons in the DC area and they are well stocked with decent styles, boots included. 

I remember this being a place to gofor cheap winter coats when I was growing up in WI. I didn't even know if they were in CA but looked it up and it turns out they're everywhere, especially in bad neighborhoods. Anyway, for those in San Diego, it's slim pickings. I stopped at two stores, found nothing in one and a couple pairs of Long Branch and Canvasback in the other. Not sure who decided to send what where as those are two styles that aren't likely to see a lot of use out here. Still, at $99 they could make a decent pair of workboots.
post #58264 of 70737

Breaking in the new-to-me walnut shell Daltons today.

 

post #58265 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Breaking in the new-to-me walnut shell Daltons today.


Gorgeous! Looks almost revello.
post #58266 of 70737

I am considering the McAllister leather soled model in the Brown Burnished color.  My only issue is that I prefer the black "sole edge" as seen on the Danite sole over the brown "sole edge" seen on the leather sole.  My question is what can I expect from using AE's black edge dressing product to dye the brown to black?

post #58267 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Gorgeous! Looks almost revello.

 

Thanks. Yeah, they do look pretty close to Ravello.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Texican View Post
 

I am considering the McAllister leather soled model in the Brown Burnished color.  My only issue is that I prefer the black "sole edge" as seen on the Danite sole over the brown "sole edge" seen on the leather sole.  My question is what can I expect from using AE's black edge dressing product to dye the brown to black?

 

All the edges start out as brown. AE paints them black. You could do the same, but I'm not sure whether the black edge dressing would work as effectively. Not sure what products could be used to "permanently" dye/paint the edges black.

 

Here are some real life photos of my Brown McAllisters, in case that'll sway you from changing the edge color. The brown edging they use on the Brown McAllister really matches the shoe quite nicely.

 

 

post #58268 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

Breaking in the new-to-me walnut shell Daltons today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Those are so bad they should be in detention. cheers.gif
post #58269 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

Those are so bad they should be in detention. cheers.gif

Thanks, dudebro. They're quickly becoming one of my favorite pairs.

I should do a group shot of my shells sometime soon. I've started selling off a lot of my calf shoes, too. Ch-ch-ch-changes!
post #58270 of 70737

Had to wait for my birthday presents to wear my Shoebank Harrisons.  Up close, you can see why they are seconds, but at normal viewing distance, they look fine.  I really love the shape and think they go well with the slimmer fit suits.  Never noticed them on my feet (a good thing) except for when the new soles slid on the carpet.  The leather is ridiculously soft, like buttah.

post #58271 of 70737
@Al Dente

I was about to kop them in black but I went back to the shoe bank and they were gone. Looking good brother
post #58272 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post

Had to wait for my birthday presents to wear my Shoebank Harrisons.  Up close, you can see why they are seconds, but at normal viewing distance, they look fine.  I really love the shape and think they go well with the slimmer fit suits.  Never noticed them on my feet (a good thing) except for when the new soles slid on the carpet.  The leather is ridiculously soft, like buttah.


Those are size 11D, aren't they?
post #58273 of 70737
Yes they are. You could work at a carnival guessing shoe sizes!
post #58274 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


Thanks, dudebro. They're quickly becoming one of my favorite pairs.

I should do a group shot of my shells sometime soon. I've started selling off a lot of my calf shoes, too. Ch-ch-ch-changes!

 

I also got hit with the 'shell bug', and have been selling off a lot of my calf shoes as well.  My lone AE calfs are now my walnut strands & park ave... it's definitely an addiction ;)

 

As for the ravello comparisons, yours and my walnut shell Dalton's resemble more of the dubbed "brownvello" shade of ravello.  Though, ravello seems to have a wide variety of shades

post #58275 of 70737
First time trying out the "8" last. Hopefully they will work for my feet. AE Nathan in Walnut Calf:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...