Pardon my lack of knowledge but is the Popular Dress belt able to be cut/altered by a cobbler? I need a belt in size 30 (pant size 28) but the wide dress belt is slightly too wide at 35mm and the popular dress belt comes in at 32mm which is just right, but the length of the belt is too long.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3871post #58052 of 707374/9/15 at 6:14pmShouldn't be a problem but I'd hedge my bets by asking your cobbler if he thinks it will work based on the pics and/or saving your receipt for the possibility of doing a return (on the unaltered belt) if it's a no go.Quote:Originally Posted by J1994
Pardon my lack of knowledge but is the Popular Dress belt able to be cut/altered by a cobbler? I need a belt in size 30 (pant size 28) but the wide dress belt is slightly too wide at 35mm and the popular dress belt comes in at 32mm which is just right, but the length of the belt is too long.post #58053 of 707374/9/15 at 7:12pmpost #58054 of 707374/9/15 at 8:48pm
Hello all. I was wondering if you could provide your opinion on the fit of these shoes. I am very new to this whole thing, and still learning what is my best fit/size in AE.
Little background. I have low insteps, and flat and narrow feet. My left foot is half a size longer, narrower and flatter than my right.
1) Park Avenues in 8C. This is probabely the best fit on 5 last plain toe. I am not too happy about the wide gap in lacing, and there is a little extra creasing than what I'd like when bending my knees. Those with experience with AE's, will the gap get narrower, as the leather streteches (I have only worn them couple of times)? Does the shoe appear to fit based on the pictures?
2) Norwich - double oak soul on the 2 last in 7.5D. Got this few days ago from Shoebank and I am absolutely in love with them. Have been wearing them for couple of days inside the house. They fit tight around the vamp and the toe box, but nothing unbearable. I thinking that this will stretch a little as they break in, which should make the shoes really comfortable, and, hopefully, decrease the loud squeaky noise. I think because of this tightness, the vamp on the right shoe is a little wavy even when knees are not bent (photo 3). Also, they crease sort of funny when I bend my knees, especially the left.
Would be very thankful for any input, as I try to learn the game and minimize my losses by purchasing the wrong size shoes (thinking of adding a merlot McAllister to take advantage of the current sale).post #58055 of 707374/9/15 at 9:10pmHello all,
I walked into the nearest store and I came along the Shreveport woven lace-up and fell in love. However, size 7 shoes are hard to come by and I always try on shoes before I buy. Can anyone tell me how they fit? They seem narrow and not long like a Magnanni but I would like input before I order online for the sale.post #58056 of 707374/9/15 at 9:21pmpost #58057 of 707374/10/15 at 12:33amQuote:
Picked up the Kirkwood as I needed a replacement for my Sperry's. They are a great choice, especially if you find a pair on sale.post #58058 of 707374/10/15 at 3:22ampost #58059 of 707374/10/15 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by J1994
Pardon my lack of knowledge but is the Popular Dress belt able to be cut/altered by a cobbler? I need a belt in size 30 (pant size 28) but the wide dress belt is slightly too wide at 35mm and the popular dress belt comes in at 32mm which is just right, but the length of the belt is too long.post #58060 of 707374/10/15 at 3:39amQuote:
Mr. Size 7 - if you wouldn't mind saying, what size did you go with for both the Sperrys and the Kirkwood? I had the gold cup standard boat shoe in a 7 for a long time and put up with my big toe being smashed against the end since the 7.5 was just way too long - finally ended up getting rid of them when I couldn't take it anymore. Regular (non-gold cup) I needed a 6.5 and it didn't fit too well. Never tried the Kirkwood though. Thanks.post #58061 of 707374/10/15 at 4:04amThis shell stuff is quite interesting. I have a small but growing collection of shell and even though I only have officially 3 colors (brown shell and burgundy shell from AE and cognac shell from Carmina), none of my shells are of the same color IRL.
Left to right: brown jefferson, brown bayfield, cognac 80092, burgundy grayson, burgundy leeds, burgundy strandspost #58062 of 707374/10/15 at 5:02ampost #58063 of 707374/10/15 at 6:11amQuote:Even with the $ spanking the €, I'm glad my feet are too narrow for Carmina... because I would own far too many balmoral boots like that. Those're gorgeous.Originally Posted by watchidiot
This shell stuff is quite interesting. I have a small but growing collection of shell and even though I only have officially 3 colors (brown shell and burgundy shell from AE and cognac shell from Carmina), none of my shells are of the same color IRL.
Left to right: brown jefferson, brown bayfield, cognac 80092, burgundy grayson, burgundy leeds, burgundy strands (Click to show)
My four pairs of burgundy shell all display similar variance. Nice family photo!post #58064 of 707374/10/15 at 6:52ampost #58065 of 707374/10/15 at 6:55am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 40 seconds ago
- › FS: Gorgeous Brand New Sartorio by Kiton Sportcoat 50 EU/ 40 US. ... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Brunello Cucinelli 40 R / 50 EU Mohair Cashmere Wool Dark... 2 minutes ago
- › FS Ernest Alexander Thompson Waxed Tote Excellent 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Percival made by G&G size 10D 2 minutes ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones Chelsea 5 Boots Walnut 10D US $640 2 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 2 minutes ago
- › Size 40S --- Only 1 Left! █ DROP MAR 26 █ NWT Canali Kei... 2 minutes ago
- › New Alden Black Cordovan Plain Toe Blucher 7 C/E Aberdeen last 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones Swansea. 10UK. 2 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...