or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3870  

post #58036 of 70737
Started the day in Dundee.



Ending it in unlined walnut shell. smile.gif



Thanks to FatTuesday for watching them for me!
post #58037 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Nice! Got any pics, not many out there for the brown shell Patriots

Just saw @tanbar 's post on the AE MTO thread - he's got new Natty shell Patriots from the Trunk Show.  Check it out, they're beautiful!

post #58038 of 70737

How do you buy shoes from shoe bank?  I've always bought firsts...but you guys seem to have such a high opinion of the seconds I thought I would pick up a couple for the sale...but I don't see anywhere on the site to order them.

post #58039 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbouchard87 View Post
 

How do you buy shoes from shoe bank?  I've always bought firsts...but you guys seem to have such a high opinion of the seconds I thought I would pick up a couple for the sale...but I don't see anywhere on the site to order them.


You call or email. When you find the shoes you want, their location is provided, along with the store's email and phone number.  

 

You can call or email any location and they can get them for you.  If you're planning on more purchases from Shoebank, choose one store and one Sales Associate to work with.  The relationship may help you in the future - repeat customer.  Good luck!

post #58040 of 70737
post #58041 of 70737
Not sure how casual you have in mind but here are a couple of pics of the Baton Rouge. I picked these up from the Shoe Bank for $97 a couple months ago. They're not everyone's cup of tea but I'm really liking them.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingToGrowUp View Post

Summer has arrived in central Florida, and this may be a little out of the ordinary; but does anyone have any iterest in posting up some summer casual styles? Venetians, loafers, drivers, boats? I'm looking for a summer casual, and I'm having a hard time finding real life pictures/examples!

Thanks, Mike
post #58042 of 70737
Long story but essentially I have a new in the box pair of chili Lasalls 11 D I will let someone have for the cost of shipping .They have some slight vamp creasing from store .tryon but otherwise brand new.:satisfied:PM me if interested . Shipping should run @ $15-$18

These are gone
Edited by Numbernine - 4/9/15 at 2:56pm
post #58043 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Nice! Got any pics, not many out there for the brown shell Patriots

Nothing offhand. I will try and remember to snap a couple the next time I wear them 

post #58044 of 70737
Can anyone post a photo of the Mcallister in Brown Burnished leather?

Strangely, a Google search does not seem to turn up any photos of this shoe (at least with my googling skills). The only photos that I can find are the ones that AE provides, and those are known to be inaccurate in many cases. The fact that the leather is burnished makes me think that AE's photos may not be representative of how the shoes actually look!

Thanks in advance for any help!
post #58045 of 70737

I really like my pair of Leeds on the old 8 last. Normally, my feet look long and skinny -- not with these though!
post #58046 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post

Can anyone post a photo of the Mcallister in Brown Burnished leather?

Strangely, a Google search does not seem to turn up any photos of this shoe (at least with my googling skills). The only photos that I can find are the ones that AE provides, and those are known to be inaccurate in many cases. The fact that the leather is burnished makes me think that AE's photos may not be representative of how the shoes actually look!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Here it is
post #58047 of 70737
Anyone encounter a sales associate who refuses to take back a pair of seconds? admittedly they show some signs of wear however this is all from test driving on office carpet. Absolutely never worn outside. I think it's a unrealistic to expect no wear on the outsole from wearing on carpet; the friction will always remove some of the outsole finish. Not sure what recourse I have- she and her manager are claiming that they are worn beyond saleability. I disagree; they were worn a total of maybe 3 hours over the course of a week, absolutely never worn outdoors.

Advice appreciated.
post #58048 of 70737
Pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoosensuits View Post

Anyone encounter a sales associate who refuses to take back a pair of seconds? admittedly they show some signs of wear however this is all from test driving on office carpet. Absolutely never worn outside. I think it's a unrealistic to expect no wear on the outsole from wearing on carpet; the friction will always remove some of the outsole finish. Not sure what recourse I have- she and her manager are claiming that they are worn beyond saleability. I disagree; they were worn a total of maybe 3 hours over the course of a week, absolutely never worn outdoors.

Advice appreciated.
post #58049 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoosensuits View Post

Anyone encounter a sales associate who refuses to take back a pair of seconds? admittedly they show some signs of wear however this is all from test driving on office carpet. Absolutely never worn outside. I think it's a unrealistic to expect no wear on the outsole from wearing on carpet; the friction will always remove some of the outsole finish. Not sure what recourse I have- she and her manager are claiming that they are worn beyond saleability. I disagree; they were worn a total of maybe 3 hours over the course of a week, absolutely never worn outdoors.

Advice appreciated.


Yup.

post #58050 of 70737

Hello, fellow gents. I'm getting my first pair of high quality shoes. I was professionally fitted at the Cole Haan store: 10 1/2 length and D width. I'm not sure if this could be a sizing factor, but I do weightlifting and have semi-thick feet vertical-wise. Could you please give advice on what size I should get for a pair of Strands in chili calf? Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...