or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3869  

post #58021 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

Quote:

 

Thanks, i'll have to take a look & see!

 

Looks like it's live now.  Saw this on the shoe bank site:

"Anniversary Sale now through April 27th, 2015. Save an additional 20-25% on select factory second calfskin styles - Park Avenue, Strand, University, Grayson, Cody, Carlyle and more now $219. Wilbert, Clark Street and others now $179. Prices are as indicated below."

Awesome.  Just picked up a couple pairs. Thanks for the tip!

post #58022 of 70737

Any of you guys have the Maritime boat shoe or any AE boat shoes? I'm thinking about getting a pair, but I know nothing about boat shoes. Saw them in store and thought they looked nice.

 

Are there alternatives to AE in getting a Horween CXL boat shoe, preferably in navy?

post #58023 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Are there alternatives to AE in getting a Horween CXL boat shoe, preferably in navy?
Quite a few. My big-deal fishing trip is opening day for striper on the Chesapeake. It's usually still cold out there on the third Saturday in April, so a few years ago I picked up some high-top deck shoes from Quoddy; I like them very much:

Quoddy allowed me to customize them through the roof, too. They fit my weirdly long and narrow feet just fine.

Alternates include Sebago, Oak Street, and Rancourt (who I believe was affiliated with Allen Edmonds in the past).

Mea culpa @ AE for invading their thread with alternative brands. I would have considered them had their offerings been made in the US and available in 14AA.
post #58024 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

Quote:

 

Looks like it's live now.  Saw this on the shoe bank site:

"Anniversary Sale now through April 27th, 2015. Save an additional 20-25% on select factory second calfskin styles - Park Avenue, Strand, University, Grayson, Cody, Carlyle and more now $219. Wilbert, Clark Street and others now $179. Prices are as indicated below."

 

Bugger.  No shell on sale.

 

:fu:

post #58025 of 70737

I was selling these Patriots because I thought I needed to size up but was unsuccessful. Figured I would give them another shot today and with a few hours in today they are feeling pretty good. Maybe I won't need to part with them after all and though I prefer the Alden LHS, these are a great alternative that I got as seconds for I think during the $325 sale last year. Would actually consider them in brown as well if I could get them for $325 again at some point. Fingers crossed for another shell seconds sale... (also need some burgundy Dundees)

 

 

post #58026 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


Quite a few. My big-deal fishing trip is opening day for striper on the Chesapeake. It's usually still cold out there on the third Saturday in April, so a few years ago I picked up some high-top deck shoes from Quoddy; I like them very much: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quoddy allowed me to customize them through the roof, too. They fit my weirdly long and narrow feet just fine.

Alternates include Sebago, Oak Street, and Rancourt (who I believe was affiliated with Allen Edmonds in the past).

Mea culpa @ AE for invading their thread with alternative brands. I would have considered them had their offerings been made in the US and available in 14AA.

 

Thanks! It looks like they are all priced higher than AE except the Sebagos. To me $175 is steep enough as it is for the AEs so the other options are out of my range for boat shoes. I'll have to try on the AEs or wait for some seconds :D

post #58027 of 70737

I purchased (via Shoe Bank) a Bourbon Manistee belt to match my Bourbon Fifth Avenues, but the belt I received is many shades darker than my Bourbon shoes and does not really match.  Has anyone else expierenced this issue?  I wondering whether I just received a bad one.  Thanks

post #58028 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganny View Post

I purchased (via Shoe Bank) a Bourbon Manistee belt to match my Bourbon Fifth Avenues, but the belt I received is many shades darker than my Bourbon shoes and does not really match.  Has anyone else expierenced this issue?  I wondering whether I just received a bad one.  Thanks

Just call them up and ask for one that is on the lighter side. The bourbon color varies a ton from piece to piece due to the burnishing technique they apply.
post #58029 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Any of you guys have the Maritime boat shoe or any AE boat shoes? I'm thinking about getting a pair, but I know nothing about boat shoes. Saw them in store and thought they looked nice.

 

Are there alternatives to AE in getting a Horween CXL boat shoe, preferably in navy?

 

 

I've been looking at Quoddy but haven't yet bought a pair.

 

As for AE, I have actually inquired about doing an MTO with the red and green CXLs used on the Maritime/Kirkwood.  I was told it *might* be possible to use these leathers for an MTO of a made-in-the-USA handsewn. Basically, that means the Kenwood, Nashua, Cavanaugh, Maxfield, Stowe, Lowry Hill, Sanibel, and possibly the Patriot.  SMU fee would apply of course.

post #58030 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
 

 

Bugger.  No shell on sale.

 

:fu:


I was thinking the same thing... I would be interested in a pair of brown shell dundee boots

post #58031 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

I was selling these Patriots because I thought I needed to size up but was unsuccessful. Figured I would give them another shot today and with a few hours in today they are feeling pretty good. Maybe I won't need to part with them after all...

 

 Those look nice @Burzan.

 

I'm wearing my football grain Patriots today.  I really like them when I get the correct size.  I've sold 2 pairs recently because they were too wide, but that was my fault.  I would love a pair of burgundy and brown shell Pat's. 


Edited by FatTuesday - 4/9/15 at 11:48am
post #58032 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

 

Thanks! It looks like they are all priced higher than AE except the Sebagos. To me $175 is steep enough as it is for the AEs so the other options are out of my range for boat shoes. I'll have to try on the AEs or wait for some seconds :D

 

About two months ago I ordered a pair of Sebago Campsides for approximately $90 when they had an additional 10% off coupon. You can try Amazon for more sizes. I've worn them a decent amount of times and love them. The navy Chromexcel and made in USA is pretty sweet. I also just ordered a pair of Sebago Docksides in red "Horween Leather" (not sure which particular leather) that are set to arrive tomorrow. Made in the DR, but I only paid $30 so there's not going to be a complaining bone in my body, I'm sure.

post #58033 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

 

I've been looking at Quoddy but haven't yet bought a pair.

 

As for AE, I have actually inquired about doing an MTO with the red and green CXLs used on the Maritime/Kirkwood.  I was told it *might* be possible to use these leathers for an MTO of a made-in-the-USA handsewn. Basically, that means the Kenwood, Nashua, Cavanaugh, Maxfield, Stowe, Lowry Hill, Sanibel, and possibly the Patriot.  SMU fee would apply of course.


I've been waiting for a Green CXL Maritime to pop-up on the bank. Assuming it is possible, Green CXL is definitely on my radar for a handsewn, so pending the proposed shoe, I'd be in to try to get to 12! 

post #58034 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

I was selling these Patriots because I thought I needed to size up but was unsuccessful. Figured I would give them another shot today and with a few hours in today they are feeling pretty good. Maybe I won't need to part with them after all and though I prefer the Alden LHS, these are a great alternative that I got as seconds for I think during the $325 sale last year. Would actually consider them in brown as well if I could get them for $325 again at some point. Fingers crossed for another shell seconds sale... (also need some burgundy Dundees)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I picked up a pair in brown shell during that sale and I love them!

post #58035 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

I picked up a pair in brown shell during that sale and I love them!

 

Nice! Got any pics, not many out there for the brown shell Patriots

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...